It’s Laura Rutledge Day on KSR (Friday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of KSR. Today, the SEC Network’s Laura Rutledge will be taking over the show in Matt’s absence, so tune in to hear her take on SEC Media Days, UK Football, and much, much more. This is her KSR debut, so please make her feel welcome.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

42 Comments for It’s Laura Rutledge Day on KSR (Friday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:10 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

Lol, “it just means more”…..drink.

2. I forgot to mention this yesterday, but Finebaum gave Stoops a great compliment Wednesday. After the interview, Paul thanked him and said “Some coaches won’t hang around when things aren’t going well. They’ll say ‘I have to catch my plane’. But you come on, rain or shine.”

Kudos to Stoops!

• runningunnin.454
      10:33 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

He did a good job at the podium, too; didn’t have the “deer in the headlights” look as in years past…cracked a few good jokes also.

• J-Dub421
      10:51 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

Stoops has gotten more comfortable with being a head coach and doing interviews over the last few years. Also, we’re finally starting to win, beat Louisville last year, and people aren’t saying he should be fired anymore. All that should help him be a little more relaxed.

3. Hey, sorry to be redundant, cuz I posted this the other day, but Stoops basically said the same thing about Elam last year. He mentioned his weight and his eating habits and said it’s up to him. That sounds like laziness to me. I’m not here to pound on Elam, but facts are facts.

4. Laura acknowledging that UK bball is the show!

• J-Dub421
      10:51 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

Because it is.

5. Well, I’m off work and about to do some family stuff. I’ll be listening, but won’t be in the thread much more. Hold the fort down. Looks like a “Slow Thread” today.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:59 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

I read James Taylor is touring with Bonnie Raitt….she’s terrific and that’s a lot of talent on the stage at once.

• J-Dub421
      11:02 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

I like them both, good musicians.

• runningunnin.454
      11:26 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

I think Raitt’s father, a successful Broadway vocalist, was unhappy about her choice of music; but, I love the Blues and she can play it.

7. J-Dub421
    11:10 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

Elam would still have been lazy. McElroy would have called him out regardless of what school he attended.

• Iback for a minute. An analyst gave an OPINION. The horror!

Okay, seriously, I knew some would be offended by the word “lazy”, but come on. Gabe can’t deny that he’s underperformed. As for respect, Gabe, it’s earned, not given. Just ask Bee-Rad!!!

• ClutchCargo
      11:20 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

I agree with that caller, but for a different reason. Elam wouldn’t have been called out at Alabama, because he wouldn’t be depended upon, and wouldn’t be playing much if at all.

• J-Dub421
      11:24 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

Maybe, Clutch…. But you don’t think he’d still get called out for underachieving when he was a 5* with his size/talent? The criticism may not have been as harsh perhaps, but I still think he’d get called a bust or something.

• Clutch for the win.

• ClutchCargo
      11:29 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

I just think he would have been long forgotten by now and been recruited over each and every year.

• You make a good point J-Dub, but Bama would have a couple 5 or 4 stars in front of him right now.

• ClutchCargo
      11:31 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

Fans would still think of him as a bust, but it wouldn’t be enough to prompt a tv analyst to comment on it.

• J-Dub421
      11:32 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

I’m hoping Elam will pull a Derek Willis and have a break-out senior season. We’ll see.

• J-Dub421
      11:39 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

Hot Take: UK should not feed Elam, or feed him very little on game day so that he’ll play hangry (hungry/angry).

• J-Dub421
      11:46 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

Then tape a snickers to the opposing QB….

• runningunnin.454
      11:50 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

It worked with Melvin Turpin!

8. Iback = I’m back. Lol.

Persnickety ipad keyboard.

9. runningunnin.454
    11:23 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

Aretha…..great. Let’s get some Wilson Pickett and totally bury rap forever.

10. runningunnin.454
    11:42 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

Fencing is cool, and what about Sydney McLaughlin?

• J-Dub421
      11:45 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

Sydney is going to be a boon to our women’s track team. (Which has been balling out for the last couple of years already.)

11. ClutchCargo
    11:58 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

Laura Rutledge just raised the bar for best guest host ever.

12. runningunnin.454
    11:58 am July 14, 2017 Permalink

Good show, let’s have her back soon, and forget the NC/OSU guys.
    S E C S E C!

13. W.C.
    1:05 pm July 14, 2017 Permalink

Hank Williams is buried in Montgomery. Have you been to his grave?