It’s late. Keep Matt company on the postgame show. It will mean a lot to him.

It’s late. We’re all tired. But Kentucky won and we need to talk about it. Call to have your voice heard at 1-800-444-8484 or 502-571-8484.

Listen in on 840 WHAS, 630 WLAP, or stream online to hear Matt and the after midnight crowd recap the victory.

Discuss the show below.

Article written by T.Walters

30 Comments for It’s late. Keep Matt company on the postgame show. It will mean a lot to him.

1. Jason
    12:12 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

First cause im d bag with no life

2. Tinsley
    12:20 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

can we talk about the new uniforms for football? If yes I’ll call in. If not, can we talk about an intro to Commonwealth or Rupp Arena that’s fun and exciting? If not, Can I play Bohemian Rhapsody? If not, can I make racist jokes? If not, can you play criminal by Eminem? If not, can I rap the fresh prince of Bel air’s theme song?

3. Petrinos Neck Brace
    12:21 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

second cause i’m a pimp

4. Out-of-office
    12:21 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

1. Can we get an update on Brad’s knee.
    2. Did you tell Shannon spake she had nice calves?
    3. Is there anything more Jimmy Dykes than the “Jimmy dykes baseline commentary”

5. Al Gore
    12:22 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

This fricken global warming is going to freeze us to death. I have switched my position and I will be coming out with a new book detailing how we are really staring at a global ice age.

P.S. …I am not returning all of the money that I made off the global warming scam. And, believe me when I say, this ice age is for real.

• Catlogic15
      12:46 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

Read Michael Crichton’s “State of Fear”.
      It puts “global warming” into perspective. Matt would hate it. It gives timeline perspective.
      Liberals hate facts.

• Catlogic15 is on tgarget
      1:33 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

Catlogic15,

I must agree with the liberal global warming supporters when they constantly state that global warming is based on science. They are absolutely correct in that it truly is based on science. However it is based on Political Science rather than environmental science.

• I Hatz Libs!
      7:48 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

Global warming is a scam and the Congress is full of Commies!

• AnthonyBBN
      9:01 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

Yes, Global Warming is a hoax because it is cold where you live today.

6. Jon Slone
    12:27 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

We don’t penetrate good. I get tired of Andrew racing down court only to slam on the brakes at the top of the key.

And with 4 minutes left and a 16 point lead, we can’t put Willis in? Cal is gonna ruin this guy! I’m sick of the lies and Cal’s way of handling Willis.

• UK Booster
      12:35 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

My vote is to hire you as head coach – after we run Calipari off, of course.

• Quick Penetrator
      12:36 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

Wonder if Rick P would be willing to do a consulting gig to teach our guys how to penetrate quick and good?

7. Hey Matt
    12:31 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

You want to hang out with me? My buddy and are the radio voices for the Hazard girls softball and lacrosse teams?

8. Hey Matt
    12:32 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

my buddy and I

9. Dakich the worst?
    12:34 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

Did anyone hear Dan the Dumbass Dakich say Noah Vonleh (sp?) is the best on the block freshman in the nation, even using Randle and Embiid as comparison??? Dude’s an idiot.

10. dykes behind the rim
    12:39 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

until UK wins on the road they haven’t showed me nothing

• AnthonyBBN
      9:04 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

01/11/14 Nashville TN.

11. Bulgarian
    12:39 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

I am a fat Bulgarian with a big wedgie.

12. Chaz
    12:40 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

before I go to bed, observations from tonight

*we don’t need to shoot so many threes
    *we need to protect the lane, too many layups by a&m tonight
    *AP may very well put us in the title game this year
    *i hope dakari does not enter the draft after this year, he can be awesome for us in 2014
    *i sat a few rows behind cutler & bromley, they didn’t do anything worth commenting on. that was a good move on their part. I like them both.
    *the Dance Team was magnificent, I may put them in my last will & testament

13. JR
    12:46 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

I tell you what.. Matt Jones will always have my respect. The guy has a work ethic that is off the charts. The man lays out till after 1 am doing post game basketball.. Does tennis at 3 am.. Back to basketball at 10 am… Give it up for him. Let alone…
    This site is free. Thanks! Never be to into your own pride or ego to thank someone and I’m not

• Catlogic15
      12:50 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

I think I saw you as the recipient of a donkey show in Mexico City.

• Catlogic15
      1:34 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

I enjoy donkey shows any time I can. It’s my passion, the reason I exist.

14. NotThatDavid
    12:55 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

Only in KY would we be talking about playing some freshman who has made a couple of threes in practice when the two players at his position are one of the hottest players in the SEC and a future top five draft pick.

15. Chaz
    12:58 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

Why is a UL fan worried about playing us in the tourney this year?

16. PhilUK18
    1:00 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

One thing they pointed out in the coverage on ESPN, unrelated to the play, that I really appreciated was Matt Bradford’s story. For those who weren’t listening, Matt is a Marine who lost both his legs and his eyesight in combat. He’s a huge UK fan and got to do some commentary work tonight on the radio with the crew from A&M (I think that’s what they said anyway). Matt’s story was an inspiration to me when I heard him speak at a work event over the summer, and I was glad he got to accomplish his dream of commenting on a UK game on the air. Great guy and a great story.

17. Daniel
    1:02 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

Look at Julius Randle’s muscles oh my god

18. Djagg1
    1:02 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

Went to my first game in person in several years. A couple of observations:

1. James Young is the best/most well-rounded player on the team

2. Alex Poythress is the only man on the team #GAM

3. The frontcourt combination of Poythress, Randle and Dakari were pretty fun to watch together

4. The role of Dominique as backup backcourt defender and Polson as backup point guard seems to be working

5. It seemed like the band sucked the life out of Rupp every timeout. You could literally hear a pin drop in the timeouts (even when we came out of the gate guns blazing)

• Daniel
      1:03 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

not the only man… Julius Randle is a man too

• Djagg1
      1:08 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

Julius is a beast, but Alex is the only one who doesn’t look eighteen

19. Brian
    2:17 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

So, we joke about IU rushing the court…. well, it seems that our little bro to the west did it as well just a few years ago. Skip to the 1:45:00 mark.