It’s Ladies’ Day on KSR! (Friday Show Thread)

Mrs. Tyler Thompson and Jennifer Palumbo co-host today’s show with special guests Erin Calipari, Ellen Calipari, and Chantel Stoops.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

35 Comments for It’s Ladies’ Day on KSR! (Friday Show Thread)

1. ukjaybrat
    9:57 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

if it’s ladies’ day, does that mean i can’t comment today?

• Realme
      10:03 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

I know Jdub and I comment quite a bit, but we can’t keep this going by ourselves.

• Booby Petrino
      10:13 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

And since I don’t listen to the show, I’m not much help for Jdub and Real.

• Realme
      10:16 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

BP, do you ever listen to the podcast, or are you strictly website only?

• Booby Petrino
      10:19 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

Website only. I’m not good with listening to podcasts, too easily distracted.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:10 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

ESPN is run by Walt Disney….you know, fantasy.

3. Realme
    10:15 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

I’ve got one I can tell on my husband. He uses about 10 more hair products than I do.

• ukjaybrat
      10:20 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

i don’t need any fancy hair product and i don’t wear cologne.

deoderant, a 2 in one shampoo, and a bar of dove soap. that’s all i need

• Realme
      10:25 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

Come on fellas, fess up. What are your “man-card confessions”?

• runningunnin.454
      10:27 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

Be nice to have hair….remember Yul Brynner?

• J-Dub421
      10:35 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

I am easily waaaayyyy more high maintenance than my husband. He’s happy in shorts and t-shirts with holes in them.

• ukjaybrat
      10:57 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

man card confessions? i dunno. can’t really think of any … i’m a man’s man lol

• runningunnin.454
      11:03 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

Yep, that confession thing went over really well; probably going to have to leave Kentucky for that one.
      Try L.A.

• J-Dub421
      11:12 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

My husband doesn’t really have any, but I have a cousin who is very metro. I bet he takes longer to get ready than I do.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:22 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

My wife says I have to shower every day and put on clean drawers whether I need them or not. So I do. Well, every now and then I sneak a pair of drawers back on for a second day and she’s none the wiser…

• RealCatsFan
      11:26 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

My wife is waaay more high maintenance than I am when it comes to showering and all those products that go along with it. As a mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging member of the male species, I am mystified by all of those “products” and what they all do. Seems like she has to pack an extra suitcase for all that stuff whenever we go somewhere. And don’t get me started on the “black hole”, as I call her purse. No place more frightening to the male psyche than a woman’s purse, especially when forced to hold it while she goes to the ladie’s room. πŸ™‚

I think it was Seinfeld who mused about women and makeup – he said men pretty much wake up the same way that they were when they went to sleep, but women seem to somehow deteriorate during the night, and have to get up and get “freshened up” in the morning. πŸ™‚

• RealCatsFan
      11:31 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

As far as man-card confessions – well… I really like my cats – not KY Wildcats per se, byt my Siamese cats, especially the male. He and I are buds (we are, after all, the only males in the household). So I guess that alone could get my man-card revoked.

I am also a pretty artistic guy, and I am good at picking out colors for the house, etc. Someone once said that men only see in basic colors, and things like Taupe and Teal have no meaning to us, but I’m not like that.

And I got pretty good at doing pony tails when my daughters were growing up – but braids? Let’s not go there.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:32 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

Only seven colors exist and anything else is unnecessary detail.

4. J-Dub421
    10:44 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

I would not be at all surprised if opposing coaching staffs start rumors that Cal is going to the NBA to try to mess up his recruiting.

• Realme
      10:47 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

Yes, or the ESPN guy wanted some attention.

• ukjaybrat
      11:15 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

They’ve talked about that before. that absolutely happens all the time. That’s usually where the COMPLETELY bogus rumors come from.

• J-Dub421
      11:23 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

Which perfectly describes the Cal to the Knicks rumor. It came out of the blue when Cal was out of the country.

5. J-Dub421
    10:52 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

I have a huge girl crush on Ellen Calipari.

6. Realme
    10:55 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

Best show so far without Matt. He should really trust his people more, and worry less about bringing on a professional guest host for every show.

7. runningunnin.454
    11:37 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

I understand the alcohol sales at the UL-UK game last year were through the roof.

• J-Dub421
      11:42 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

I just read an article about alcohol sales at colleges, and if I remember correctly, I think it said that Texas made 1.8 million last year in alcohol sales. That isn’t exactly chump change.

8. Basteballer
    11:39 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

Man Card Confession:
    One of my favorite movies is “The Princess Bride.”

• J-Dub421
      11:43 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

The Princess Bride is awesome. I would never revoke someone’s man card for that.

• runningunnin.454
      11:52 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

Hey I didn’t know movies counted. I like “Pretty Woman” and “Runaway Bride”. But I offset the chick flicks with “Rocky” and “Apocalypse Now”.

• RealCatsFan
      11:58 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

I watched “Fried Green Tomatoes” with my daughter. πŸ˜‰

• RealCatsFan
      11:59 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

Guys raising daughters have a tendency to have a lot more Man Card moments than those who have boys. And when you have more than one daughter, all that estrogen floating around in the air is hard to counter. That’s why I had to hang onto my Camaros with loud exhaust and big block Chevy’s. πŸ˜€

• runningunnin.454
      11:59 am June 30, 2017 Permalink

Another one is “The Cutting Edge”. Favorite line from that movie…”Honey, where I come from, we stand for the National Anthem”.

• J-Dub421
      12:00 pm June 30, 2017 Permalink

Fried Green Tomatoes is also good.

“Face it Lady, we’re younger and faster!”
      WHAM!!
      “Face it girls, I’m older and I have more insurance.”

• J-Dub421
      12:02 pm June 30, 2017 Permalink

Hey RG, toe-pick.

• runningunnin.454
      12:07 pm June 30, 2017 Permalink

Yep…kiss the ice. And that line from FGT was classic.