It’s Gameday in the Bluegrass (Tuesday Show Thread)

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 12.05.49 AM

Nothing says “gameday” quite like bonding over Rupp Arena ice cream.

There’s not time to dwell on Saturday’s loss in College Station.  It’s time to move on with a beautiful beatdown of Avery Johnson’s Alabama Crimson Tide.  Instead of talking technicals, Matt and Ryan are here to talk about the terrific basketball to come, and maybe another UofL Sex Scandal (at this rate, there might be a new one by the time the show starts).

Before we really get rolling, there’s a statewide tornado drill at 10:07 because why not schedule a tornado drill during KSR?

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

37 Comments for It’s Gameday in the Bluegrass (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:48 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

I announced yesterday that my wife and I are expecting our 2nd child, so another uk fan to come. It’s a boy. Hopefully this one won’t weigh in at 1.6 lbs.

I love Georgetown, my second home town ( like Ryan’s) and lived there for 10 years. Hope to move back there soon.

2. Sentient Third Eye
    9:58 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

Love the new Anthony Davis H&R Block commercial. He’s great at that kind of low-key, deadpan humor.

3. bluegrassboy25
    10:13 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

I can hear you Matt via iHeart Radio

• CATandMONKEY
      10:19 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

WLAP Loud and Clear.

4. Booby Petrino
    10:19 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

Am I considered a Nazi if I admit that I don’t care for the Rupp ice cream? Was so excited to have it this year after all I’ve read on KSR about it…total letdown.

5. houndstooth
    10:21 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

Matt,
    There is something called a do not disturb button on your iphone so that when people call you it goes straight to voicemail. You may want to use it when doing a periscope or a podcast.

6. Realme
    10:32 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

A tornado drill turns into a half hour of the day wasted in my building. So efficient.

7. ^^^^^^
    My latest choice of Gravatar in honor of “The Original KSR” if you will. I miss Oscar’s columns, but at least we get to hear him in the pregame!

8. J-Dub421
    10:36 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

Hawkins or Alex, would get my vote.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:38 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

Will take Alex in that group.

• J-Dub421
      10:40 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

Alex is the type to follow his shot and tip it in if needed too.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:50 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

Alex has certainly shown more propensity to score compared to the others in that group and your statement regarding rebounds is very true and seals the deal. Hoping for an Aarron Harrison -like tournament for Alex. Hope we don’t require such drama but would love to see him in top form, becoming the third leg of the offense that we need to go deep in March/April.

• J-Dub421
      10:55 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

We’ve struggled with rebounding in several games lately. Alex will help solve that problem. I hope he’s ready to play tonight as I don’t like the thought of having to play without both him and Willis.

9. CATandMONKEY
    10:43 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

Hope Matt has a 1408 experience like John Cusack, and that the entire thing is on periscope.

10. houndstooth
    10:44 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

I can see that trip on periscope looking like the blair witch chronicles.

11. J-Dub421
    10:57 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

I love when idiots call in or post things like, “Cal chose Skal over this other player and he shouldn’t have!!!” Usually about some player that we recruited who chose to go elsewhere.

12. RealCatsFan
    10:58 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

Probably the most memorable comeback from a sprained ankle for me was Jeff Shepperd in 1998. Those trainers may very well have saved a championship for us.

• J-Dub421
      11:00 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

Fast Eddie was the best.

13. houndstooth
    11:01 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

Is this the most injury riddled year of Cals career?

• RealCatsFan
      11:10 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

Well, let me find some wood to knock on and say that at least so far we have not had any season ending injuries. We have had one of those now for three years running. 2012 was the last year we were lucky enough to not have any major injuries, although we did get a big scare with A.D.’s knee against Baylor.

• Realme
      11:12 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

Reasonable chance of everyone getting healthy in time for the NCAA. If so, I’m pumped.

14. WorldWideRick
    11:04 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

That is Australia’s official national anthem but their national song and the song he would probably sing is a song called “Waltzing Matilda.” Its a cool song, though uses a lot of Ausi slang that most people wont understand.

15. J-Dub421
    11:19 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

Lol, that would be an anti-U of L recruiting promo. Watch Louisville sit at home on Selection Sunday, then see the ESPN special on their sex scandal.

16. kentuckyrld
    11:31 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

A typical lawless, liberal response, from Matt. Obviously he has no respect for the law which is something we already knew so we should not be surprised when he says the young man who impersonated a state senator should be allowed to walk free and his comments imply he should be commended for his ability to pull off the crime. The young man is guilty of a very serious crime and should be punished accordingly. Lack of respect for the law is the single biggest problem we have in this county and to hear Matt Jones disrespect the law in this fashion is simply disgusting.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:39 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

I have respect for the law but mostly disdain for those who make it. Not a liberal, btw.

• kentuckyrld
      2:37 pm February 23, 2016 Permalink

CATandMonkey, I agree with you completely. Many of those who make the laws should not be in their positions.

17. CATandMONKEY
    11:35 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

If Matt were to receive a call from and subsequently hang up on Fake Randy Savage, I would not be unhappy.

18. J-Dub421
    11:56 am February 23, 2016 Permalink

I would take Murray over Ingram any day.