It’s finally game week (Monday Show Thread)

Are you ready for some football? Today, the gang is in studio to get you ready for Saturday’s opener vs. Central Michigan. Tune in to hear their take on Landon Young’s knee injury, whether or not Mark Stoops will name a starting quarterback, and much, much more.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

34 Comments for It’s finally game week (Monday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:01 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

That early basketball was so good, I’m having trouble getting excited that this is finally game week for football.

• I’d be more excited if Landon hadn’t gotten hurt. Ware, Paschal, now Young. And there is always attrition during the season. Eck.

Having said that, obviously health is the most important thing. I sure wish we would here some good news about Paschal soon. The silence is disturbing, but I hope it’s just that they’re being careful.

• RealCatsFan
      10:14 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

I’m at the point in the Stoops era where they are going to have to beat Florida or win a bowl game before I can get very hyped about football.

• J-Dub421
      10:30 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

Regarding Paschal, Matt said that no news is good news. They let everyone know what was wrong, but now they are protecting his privacy.

• Okay, I gotcha. I haven’t been able to listen much lately. I was really worried about Josh after hearing the diagnosis.

• ClutchCargo
      10:52 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

J-Dub, I can’t listen today, but I was thinking along the same lines, as far as Paschal news. The only “news” at this point would be if something went horribly wrong and they discovered it had spread. I would imagine surgery on the sole of one’s foot would be a setback to a football player, so they will just take some time to heal.

• Realme
      10:54 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

Didn’t Matt say he was working out with the bball team? I heard that from some show or podcast, not sure why, but it means he’s still around and able to do some stuff.

• RealCatsFan
      11:13 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

Melanoma is serious business, but the advances that have been made in the area of immunotherapy are very promising. They basically eliminated the metastatic melanoma that had spread to President Jimmy Carter’s brain. That is impressive and very hopeful.

• J-Dub421
      11:15 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

Yes, RM, Matt did say he saw Paschal working out with the basketball team.

2. RealCatsFan
    10:14 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

So is KSBar close to Rupp Arena?

• Realme
      10:17 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

Not walking distance, but easy bus ride to get close enough.

3. Realme
    10:37 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

I love the idea of someone annoying Matt with music, after all the stories of him torturing them with his garbage taste on road trips.

• runningunnin.454
      11:10 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

Speaking of music, I was watching an old “Johnny Cash Show” from 1970 last night; among the guests were Derek and the Dominos.
      I thought they were going to blast the Cash audience with “Layla”; but, they did an old Buddy Holly song,”It’s Too Late”…probably a better choice, LOL.

• Check out this Cash duet with Linda Ronstadt. Beautiful. I am a huge fan of both.

• runningunnin.454
      11:37 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

Also on that show, Eric Clapton, Carl Perkins, and Cash did “Matchbox Blues” a song recorded in the ‘20’s by Blind Lemon Jefferson, which was also covered by the Beatles…serious blues guitar on that one.

• I’ll have to look for that on the YooToob RG. BTW, I don’t know how that video was such good quality unless the Cash show was released on DVD.

Once, in the early days of the YooToob, when almost everything seemed like it was copied from fairly poor quality VHS, I saw a rasslin’ highlight that was really clear. Someone in the comments asked “How did you get such a good quality clip?” and the person who uploaded said “I used to work in the studio so I had access to the master tapes”. A former boss of mine said his dad was a cameraman for the Air Force (broadcast type stuff) and used to bring the camera home and use it for home video, so all their home videos were broadcast quality while everyone else had the crappy early VHS.

4. secrick
    10:54 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

Can’t wait for the first game. love college Football.

5. Ryan Lemond, you said the same thing last year when we lost Mosier, and it DID wind up hurting us. Scottie beam me up.

“Those who do not study history, or don’t remember what they said a year ago, are doomed to repeat it.”

6. RealCatsFan
    11:00 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

So while McCain was sitting in a Vietnamese prison, Donny Bonespurs was stalking women on college campuses and saying that he had the more hazardous duty because of all the venereal diseases that were out there. And today the flag is flying above the White House at full staff, while it flies appropriately at half staff everywhere else. OK, got it.

• Realme
      11:10 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

McCain wouldn’t want Trump to offer any insincere posthumous gestures. The whole world knows which one of them was a better man.

7. RealCatsFan
    11:18 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

Sadly, I can’t go anywhere and hear the kind of music I like (90’s alternative) in public anymore. No radio stations that are worth a crap, sporting events play hip hop & R&B or some lame “Mony Mony” stuff, and if I go to a car show it is all oldies Beach Boys type stuff. I guess I’m just a dinosaur.

• WVCat
      11:36 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

Or maybe you just go to the wrong places.. it’s a you problem

• runningunnin.454
      11:41 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

I recommend Sirius-XM.

8. Realme
    11:26 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

I’m going to have to listen to this interview as many times as I did the news piece.

• RealCatsFan
      11:41 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

Yep, they will have to put the interview up. Might have to look for his commercials too.

9. runningunnin.454
    11:51 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

How is it that a cable TV network can air a show about an ongoing investigation?
    The oddest thing I’ve seen is that the grandmother of the boyfriend and his cop bother was asked to testify, and she took the 5th. Whole thing is really odd.

• runningunnin.454
      11:54 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

Oh, make that cop brother, lol.

• Realme
      11:55 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

Weird to me that the police are supposedly keeping details secret, but entire interviews with the boyfriend and his brother are online. Grandmother probably isn’t stupid, but people protect their loved ones way past when they should. It’s pretty obvious that the boyfriend killed her and the brother helped him dispose of the body. The story is why can’t / won’t law enforcement do anything about it? Not taking all the evidence from her car is mind blowing to me.

• Realme
      11:56 am August 27, 2018 Permalink

Hopefully this show is putting pressure on them.

• ClutchCargo
      12:08 pm August 27, 2018 Permalink

The TV network can air whatever they want. But the police dept shouldn’t comment or be involved.

• Booby Petrino
      12:32 pm August 27, 2018 Permalink

Ongoing investigations can last for years (like this one and many more), of course they can make a tv show about any of them. The cops aren’t that involved in the show, it’s mostly former cops that are participating and even they aren’t saying much.