It’s Chester vs. Darryl! (Friday Show Thread)

chestervsdarryl

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Newks in Lexington (2369 Richmond Road). Today, Matt and Ryan will get you ready for tomorrow’s big showdown with South Carolina with a little debate. KSR callers Chester and Darryl will face off in the battle of the eternal optimist vs. the realist. Tune in to hear the fireworks.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

36 Comments for It’s Chester vs. Darryl! (Friday Show Thread)

1. GTx2
    10:07 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

I certainly think Darryl has a legitimate view but in the heat of combat Chester is going to take the emotional argument to the extreme!

• Realme
      10:11 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

Chester needs to get riled up so he forgets to be nice. Probably Darryl will say something that sets him off.

• Realme
      11:12 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

Wow this is great. Has me laughing out loud at my desk.

2. Realme
    10:16 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

One might think they waited too long to give these guys the recognition they deserve, but the timing ended up being an encouraging light in a time where things are dark around the country. Thankfully they did it while the three surviving men are young enough to enjoy it.

• J-Dub421
      10:34 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

Hopefully the story and photos from the unveiling will spread throughout the country. Maybe Kentucky can start a wave of positivity. (Highly unlikely, but I can hope.)

• runningunnin.454
      12:40 pm September 23, 2016 Permalink

Amen…….
      When I saw the name Houston Hogg, I thought….well, that’s an usual name, and I played basketball in HS against a guy with that same name. But, wrong sport, right? Turns out it’s the same guy…I went to Nam after HS, and didn’t know anything about him playing football at UK. He was a really nice guy, but, a load to handle in the paint. Didn’t know I was trying to cover a football player….Ha Ha.

3. Hey fellow Cats! Been busier than usual this week so I’ve been off the Show Thread. Busy today but at least a meeting got canceled. Woot!

The unveiling of the statue is a truly GREAT moment. I’m so happy for all those guys, but wish that Greg Page could have been there too. Blessings out to all 4 guys and their families.

GO CATS AND BEAT SC!!!

4. Realme
    10:24 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

Do these clowns have some connection, or do people keep copying each other? Saw an article where several have been reported to police in my hometown.

5. Is that clown actually a referee? 🙂

• Go look at the pic if you haven’t seen it yet. You’ll see what I mean.

• J-Dub421
      10:32 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

A hard to see through mask would explain some of the calls/lack of calls we’ve seen over the years…

• RealCatsFan
      11:09 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

Aren’t all referees clowns? At least they are in the SEC! 😀

6. That sounds to me like they’re saying you have to prove a negative.

7. ukkatzfan
    11:14 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

Go Chester Go !!! Chester for President !!!

8. Rixter
    11:14 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

I’m sure Chester ‘believed in’ Joker and urged fans to show up and support him even after the 40 — 0 drubbing to Vandy. Had we listened, Joker would still be our coach. And Chester would till be supporting him.

9. Sorry but this is terrible radio. I know why MJ’s doing it…Finebaum has made a killing off doing this for a long time with some of his insane callers, but I just don’t think it’s entertaining.

10. Rixter
    11:17 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

Darryl is wrong: UK isn’t at the bottom of the SEC in defense, they are at the bottom of FBS

11. Realme
    11:17 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

I’m usually more Team Chester, but Darryl is actually making good points.

12. RealCatsFan
    11:18 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

Only way to top this would be a CAGE FIGHT!

13. BlueDNA
    11:20 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

They sound like the same person to me. Darryl lapsed into pure Chester at one point…

14. ZeProtector
    11:20 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

Darryl sucks

15. J-Dub421
    11:21 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

What does Darrell want to do? Fire Stoops mid-season? Who would replace him? Other coaches are all coaching elsewhere.

• ukjaybrat
      11:25 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

except briles. but if we hire him, i’d probably just renounce all uk football fandom then and there (unless of course he were found completely innocent of everything which i highly doubt is ever going to happen)

• J-Dub421
      11:30 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

Same. Anyone who refuses to at least investigate a rape allegation is no good. Stoops immediately suspended Tubman when the allegations broke (even though nothing came of them).

• RealCatsFan
      11:44 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

Would like to have Brohm. I would love to see what he could do with a kid like Johnson.

16. J-Dub421
    11:31 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

Put Duke, UNC, or Kansas in the SEC and let’s see what their record is.

• RealCatsFan
      11:48 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

Sadly, I used to say the same thing about Louisville, but they have managed to beat several SEC teams in bowl games over the years. Of course, they played Florida at the beginning of the Muschamp swoon instead of in their glory years with Meyer and Tebow, and the Alabama team that they beat was a shadow of their usual strength. I think the big thing is that it is hard to BUILD a program in the SEC because it is a severe uphill climb with the level of competition. However, Vandy, Mizzou and Miss St having the level of success they have had tend to argue against that.

• J-Dub421
      11:52 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

It’s so hard to build though. We keep having our best recruiting class ever, pretty much every year since Stoops got here, but each of those classes is still middle (at best) to lower end of the SEC. Look at the top 10 recruiting classes in football and half of them are SEC teams every year.

• CATandMONKEY
      12:00 pm September 23, 2016 Permalink

We may be lower SEC but we should still be manhandling our “cupcake” opponents. .. always.

• J-Dub421
      12:02 pm September 23, 2016 Permalink

That is true C&M.

17. stacdliw
    11:37 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

20 years from now people won’t ask “do you remember the Chester and Darryl debate,” but “where were you when the Chester and Darryl debate happened?”

• RealCatsFan
      11:45 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

My reply will be that I was in my house, but had to vacate the premises when it became divided and started to fall in on my head.

• 206Bones
      6:15 am September 24, 2016 Permalink

George Washington approves this message

18. J-Dub421
    11:53 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

Chuck Hayes is another Tyler Ulis type player. All heart, all effort, no quit.

19. CATandMONKEY
    11:57 am September 23, 2016 Permalink

UK wins due to a great special teams performance. Crowd plays a positive role.