It is Mo Egger’s turn on KSR (Thursday Show Thread)

Cincinnati radio personality Mo Egger is up in the KSR guest host chair today. The ESPN 1530 host will carry the KSR torch for two hours and he’d love to hear from you.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

66 Comments for It is Mo Egger’s turn on KSR (Thursday Show Thread)

1. JoeMoney333
    10:04 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Well, as a commuter in NKY this is an odd mix of my two sports radio shows.

2. Realme
    10:11 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Cool news about PPat and Darius.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:16 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Oscar Robertson sucked….
    Ha Ha Ha….I’m just kidding; one of the best I’ve ever watched.

4. So I just saw the story that came out about Xavier Peters. Apparently a family member wants him to pump the brakes on his recruitment. I just hope that family member is not just another hanger on and that they’re looking out for Xavier and not themselves.

• Realme
      10:20 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Rowland or whoever Tom Leach was talking to earlier thinks he’ll be back and just needs time.

• In case you didn’t see the story, here is one quote that is interesting:

“…it is clear that the involved family member has raised an issue that the Cats will need to satisfy to keep Peters on board.”

What does that mean? A promise of being 1st string from day one?

• I hope so Realme. Here is the link to the article (it was linked in the Top Ten earlier):

• Realme
      10:26 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

I try not to pay much attention before signing day, but getting him back and adding Blue Smith would make a really fun class to follow.

• J-Dub421
      10:34 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

I hope we keep him. I would just really like to be able to tell kids like him (or Bolden, etc.), it’s okay to take other people’s opinions into consideration, but it’s your life. You are the one who’s going to be going to school, so go where YOU want to go. Your mom or uncle isn’t the one going to school/playing for whatever coach.

• Realme
      10:35 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Adults that try to steer a kid away from his heart are the epitome of selfish.

5. Realme
    10:25 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

This guy uses a lot of words to make a simple point.

• Realme
      10:28 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

1. I don’t hate UK
      2. I wish Stoops would come on my show

That took half an hour.

• ukkatzfan
      10:32 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Yep. He sucks.

• JoeMoney333
      10:32 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

He has a 3-hour show in Cincinnati w/o a co-host. That’s how he is used to doing his job.

• One cannot be an effective talk show host without being at least somewhat given to and/or impaired by wordiness and therefore tending to talk a great deal. ๐Ÿ˜›

• Realme
      10:36 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

I’m spoiled by Matt’s get to the point and move on to the next one approach.

• J-Dub421
      10:39 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Same.

• Realme
      10:40 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

I’m going to go listen to something else. Let me know if anything noteworthy happens.

6. FBtimeintheBG
    10:28 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Great radio voice and very articulate …. BUT … been whining for 27 minutes … LIKE ME LIKE ME.

7. ukkatzfan
    10:31 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

I am hoping Stoops never talks to this A$$ He sucks. Maybe tomorrow KSR. Drew, Ryan and Shannon could have kept the show going.

• Realme
      10:35 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

I agree with your second point. Matt left Hey Ky mostly in the hands of his people, and it’s going fine (I actually tuned back in since he’s on break). With the radio show he worried too much about fill-in hosts from outside ksr. I’d rather listen to Ryan, Drew, Shannon and Tyler than many of these guests.

• Crushgroove
      10:35 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

I agree. I find it incredibly rude to use this platform (as a guest, no less) to air his dirty laundry with anything UK related. Punk move, really.

• J-Dub421
      10:43 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

I wouldn’t mind some “outside” guests, especially sports people. I thought Evan Daniels and Aaron Torres were good, and I usually like Jay Bilas. It would be better though, if Rayan/Drew/Tyler would host most of the time, then sprinkle in a couple of guests per week, as opposed to a constant stream of guests.

• J-Dub421
      10:44 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

*Ryan. Sorry, haven’t had my coffee yet.

8. Crushgroove
    10:32 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Can’t believe Kentucky Sports Radio put on a guest host that immediately started undermining the UK football coach at a time when UK football is finally making noise. Wow. And then dangling the Xavier Peters commitment like a carrot on the air. Double wow. A shot to the foot.

9. BlueHeaven
    10:34 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Should be interesting to see if he maintains his negative attitude towards UK per his talk show or if he tries to make nice and go against his nature. I stopped listening to him years ago as he never seemed to give UK any love and living in the Cincinnati area with all of the UK fans you would have thought he would have at least tried every once in a while.

10. kuhlkat
    10:35 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

As a NO. Ky. Native I’m familiar with Mo. Very odd choice by Matt. He is 100% Cincinnati…which means he hates UK. He may hide it today, but we locals know better. Not Mo’s fault, but just an ignorant choice by Matt

11. J-Dub421
    10:37 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

No, I don’t miss the announcers. Half the time they don’t talk about what’s going on in the game anyway.

• runningunnin.454
      10:44 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Watching the U19 games with no announcers is odd; but, it reminds me of when I get annoyed by Dakich or Bilas or Vitale…and hit the mute button.

• Realme
      10:50 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Are you guys watching online? Will any of it be on TV, do you know?

• runningunnin.454
      10:55 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Just online so far…don’t know about later.

• J-Dub421
      11:00 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

I’ve caught a little online here and there.

12. FBtimeintheBG
    10:40 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

I’m getting a C-USA (or whatever they call it these days) mentality/vibe from this guy.

13. ukkatzfan
    10:47 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

In The ohio town that i work in I have to cover 473 ncaa division 1 schools in ohio and because ohio borders ky. I got to cover another 247 division 1 schools then throw in the Great Cinn Bengals who like the Reds are on the edge of being a dynasty….all of the coverage I have to give to them. Now my family wants to be on the radio so my 3rd cousin on my mom’s side can do a paper for his daughters 3rd grade class. Me and my producer do this on 1580 espn in Cincy. The station I work for 1580 espn in cincy carries the mark stoops show. I have Coack Cal….John on the show all of the time a grand total of 3 times. And we talk about the great UK basketball and the well not so good UK football. Not to mention the 473 other division 1 teams in Ohio that i cover on 1580 espn in Cincy. Time for a break and I will come back and question why Mark Stoops won’t come on my show since he is recruiting the Cincy area just fine without being on 1580 Espn in Cincy.

14. J-Dub421
    10:49 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Ugh, I loathe the Conway-Heaton ads.

15. FBtimeintheBG
    11:09 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

AGAIN? ABSOLUTELY SHAMELESS WITH THE PLUGS. Give me 2 reasons he’s doing this. Because I can only think of 1 and it is not the money (directly from KSR at least)

• I may not have caught it, or are you talking about him plugging his show? I don’t have a problem with it as long as it’s not overdone. Maybe it is, but it doesn’t seem so. Maybe it’s cuz I’m trying to multitask.

16. POSITIONLESS!!!

• J-Dub421
      11:17 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Drink!

17. J-Dub421
    11:17 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

No, we do not need to take away a player on court in basketball. Four on four sounds stupid. Hey, let’s start doing football eight on eight! It will “unclutter” things!

18. runningunnin.454
    11:22 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Three on three college basketball…”You are about to enter another dimension, you have just crossed over into the Twilight Zone”.

19. ukblue22
    11:24 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

And this second hour is why I stopped listening to 1530am on my commute home from work. He say absolutely ignorant stuff like he has in the last 10 minutes and then doubles down with more ignorant stuff. Hopefully the host tomorrow with be quality.

• TroyMcKinleysJumpShot
      12:10 pm July 6, 2017 Permalink

Fellow NKY commuter and I will NOT listen to his show. Entirely too much of him rambling and never getting to a point. Never interacts with callers. Impossible to listen to. Love Lance McAllister when he’s on, but hell no to Mo.

• ukblue22
      4:23 pm July 6, 2017 Permalink

I do enjoy Lance. I’d rather listen to 700WLW and the jerk Tracy Jones than Mo.

20. J-Dub421
    11:30 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

That is not at all how Coach Cal handles scholarships.

21. Realme
    11:31 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

I’m listening to June 23rd, because I missed it the first time around. It’s so much better.

22. damage_control
    11:33 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

I like the guy is putting out new ideas, but seriously, 20 mins on why college doesn’t go to a 4 on 4 is a bit much. Had to turn it off when he said for the 3rd time that you’d be able to take off the worst player. Maybe that flies in Cincy when you’re struggling to get 5 good players but UK has McDonalds All Americans that can’t see the court as it is. SMH

23. Realme
    11:33 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Lynn Bowden’s here now!

• J-Dub421
      11:36 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Woooooo!!!!

• J-Dub421
      11:49 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Not gonna lie, I was sweating just a little that there was going to be some kind of academic issue and he wasn’t going to play for us.

• Realme
      11:52 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

Yeah. Or he could have been delayed and missed summer practice.

24. Basteballer
    11:59 am July 6, 2017 Permalink

He’s not as bad as some of you guys are making it seem. He’s ok. I don’t mind him plugging his own show. I doubt he’s getting paid for this so it’s quid pro quo.

Having said that, the Bengals tangent immediately sucked the air out of the show. Talk about a screeching halt!

All in all, I’d say Mo is a decent host.