Isaac Humphries joins KSR at Keeneland (Thursday Show Thread)

852a5230

The KSR team is out at Keeneland this morning for today’s show and they brought a little help to the track with them to help carry the show.

Isaac Humphries, Calipari’s latest to bolt for the pros, will join the guys to reflect on his career and explain his decision. He’ll be on in the first hour to lead off the show.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

58 Comments for Isaac Humphries joins KSR at Keeneland (Thursday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:04 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

You know what the United story did for us? We finally got to stop hearing about a certain referee nonstop.

• runningunnin.454
      10:11 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

True, but it was too similar to the things that happen in China and Russia…police states.
      That’s not something we want in our country.

• secrick
      10:11 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Yeah i can’t believe they can find that many stupid people in the same airport and i am talking about the Doctor to. Thanks guys

• CATandMONKEY
      10:17 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

It doesn’t matter if he was a doctor or a homeless person who spent his last 400 bucks on a plane ticket.
      He paid.
      He had boarded.
      The flight was NOT overbooked.
      United had numerous options to transport their employees to Louisville that did NOT displace people who may have booked and paid months ahead of time.
      Using law enforcement to protect corporate convenience and profits at the expense of the well being of paying customers is beyond despicable.
      If you want to bend over to false authority please do so.

• RealCatsFan
      10:19 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, that doctor is definitely playing his cards to maximize his settlement. I think he has been in the hospital since it happened. Not to make light of the situation at all, but you would think that he got roughed up by Hulk Hogan and was in traction. I don’t think there will be any true “good guys” from this situation by the time it is all finished.

• runningunnin.454
      10:19 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

The doctor’s reputation and criminal history was irrelevant; United could not have known about that. That could have happened, randomly, to any one of us.
      All you have to see is the reaction of the other passengers; they were screaming “NO, No”,
      “What are you doing”? “Stop, Stop”.

• RealCatsFan
      10:21 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

C&M, you hit the nail on the head – one reason that this story really resonates with the public is that it is a perfect allegory about corporate America kicking the common man in the nuts to maximize the almighty dollar. This time it blew up in their face, and the common man is taking great delight (and outrage) in it.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:25 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

You get settled in at the Hilton. The management calls and asks you to leave because some of their management staff needs a room that night at the full hotel. You refuse to give up your room.
      They call the police and have you dragged from your room.
      If any of this situation happened prior to getting your (seat) room…it becomes a different story.
      If you are ok with any business treating a customer in such a manner you deserve any ass-kicking from the police that you get. Profession of the customer is irrelevant to the situation.

• Realme
      10:36 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Hard to imagine any business bumping paid customers out of line for employees, but airlines are one of those (like cable / internet) where they don’t even pretend to care about customer service, because they don’t have to.

But anyways, these responses back up my hope that the rooferee’s 15 minutes of attention are over.

• If C&M runs for office, the slogan will be “C&M, for the people!”

• C&M and RCF, it is because we have let the government and the airlines get away with the thought that flying is a privilege and not a liberty. Security is one thing, this is (obvs) quite another.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:44 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Having served on numerous boards and committees at UK and in my profession, one thing is clear: those that WANT to be elected are most likely the worst possible choice. My New Hampshire birth doesn’t allow me to stray far from the motto “Live Free or Die.” Just want to live 😎
      I have little hope or faith in any of our elected officials and it is our fault.
      Did someone mention BOURBON?

• Realme
      10:46 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

I would vote for any of you guys.

• ukjaybrat
      10:48 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

i still think this whole thing is blown way out of proportion. did united screw up? yes.
      but we still don’t know their intentions. they are being blasting because those 4 people bought tickets and were taken off the plane. so that united employees could get back to Louisville.

who’s to say those 4 employees were needed for another flight. What if an entire plane couldn’t take off because those employees were stranded in Chicago. now we are talking about ~100 people that couldn’t travel instead of just 4.

Again, I’m not saying they *should* have knocked the dude out and dragged him off the plane. just saying there is a scenario where their intentions (not actions) are justified.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:52 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

I would volunteer to help the greater good but as soon as you force me, you will have to drag me down the aisle, shirt pulled up…and I don’t want to even subject a UofL fan to that.

• J-Dub421
      10:53 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Airlines all have reciprocal agreements that their employees can fly with each other for free though. Also, they should have planned ahead better. They knew they needed a flight crew in Louisville well in advance. We all book flights months in advance. Plan better.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:55 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

UK jay.. Always love you man but if United can’t do better they have zero business running a business…and I am very pro-business. Anti-state/corporate sponsored violence.

• ukjaybrat
      10:56 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

“The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry definition. No matter how carefully a project is planned, something may still go wrong with it.”

Maybe someone got sick at the last minute. we’ll never know

• ukjaybrat
      10:57 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

also, to be clear. i dislike the events that went down as much as the next guy. just playing devil’s advocate.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:01 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Fair enough. DA- That is usually my job.
      Reasoned, varied thoughts and opinions are welcome and all too rare these days. Will continue to consider all angles.

• J-Dub421
      11:18 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

I could see it being a “someone got sick” situation if it was one, maybe two people. But it was four, which to me at least, indicates a lack of planning.

• Realme
      11:34 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Did you all hear the news report just now? Said the guy had a broken nose, 2 lost teeth and a concussion. Sheesh. Did they take him out of camera range and beat him more?

2. runningunnin.454
    10:05 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Enjoyed Drew’s previous article about Bourbon being perfect for a celebration sip after a UK game; it came in handy after the North Carolina game, too….let me tell ya.

• J-Dub421
      10:32 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Bourbon is good for all occasions. πŸ™‚

3. Hey guys! I’ve been too busy for the ST lately, but wanted to do “the pop-in” today. I’ll be busy the next couple days because we’re taking our daughter to a church youth convention in the ATL over the weekend.

Speaking of that, RCF, I appreciate the way you talk about your daughters here. You sound like a loving dad!

Good luck to the Aussie in the pros, wherever that will be.

Just one more note (on bball recruiting): β€œPara bailar Mo Bamba!”

• runningunnin.454
      10:31 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

We could play la bamba at Rupp; but Harvard might accuse us of cultural appropriation.

• Harvard? They use that song?

• CATandMONKEY
      10:37 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

I am muy guilty of appropriation every time I cook a meal…every time. Even if I cook New England Clam “Chowda”, no doubt I am appropriating the culture of Gloucester and the Cape. I guess Maple Syrup is my only safe bet.

• runningunnin.454
      10:40 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

No, Chris; but if you’re momma is Irish….she shouldn’t cook Italian food. Ha Ha.
      In some circles, you can’t wear sombreros or wear feathers with warpaint at Halloween.

• The old UCONN coach called Cal “Johnny Clam Chowda”.

• I am Irish, but I cook Italian on occasion..;-)

• J-Dub421
      10:51 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

The former UConn coach is a jerk.

• runningunnin.454
      10:59 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Agree with that; have to you listened to Jim Calhoun call a ball game?
      Turrrrible.

• RealCatsFan
      11:01 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

CG – absolutely! I am a dad that loves his girls! Proud of them – as any good dad would be. Daughters just have a way of wrapping their daddies around their pinky finger. Geesh, I’m starting to sound like a John Mayer song. Thanks for the shout out! πŸ™‚

• RealCatsFan
      11:02 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

J-Dub, you are right – Calhoun was a crotchety old “get off my lawn” buzzard, and he was a cheater as well. People like to try to rag on Cal for being shady, and I always say “you are talking about the wrong Cal”.

4. J-Dub421
    10:35 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

It is fun to listen to Isaac talk. His accent is adorable and he’s quite charming. I know I’ve said this a lot lately, but Cal really does bring in the nicest guys. I haven’t worried about our players ending up in the news (in a bad way) for quite some time.

5. Realme
    10:39 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Papa John injected some truth and common sense into a room where that hasn’t happened in a long time.

• Realme
      10:42 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

lol, classic. Matt’s discussing Louisville athletics and the connection gets sketchy.

• J-Dub421
      10:43 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

It’s well past time someone held U of L accountable in some way.

• Realme
      10:47 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, too bad it’s too late to prevent the taxpayers from bailing out the Yum Center garbage deal. Could have let the uber profitable UL Athletics figure that out.

• RealCatsFan
      10:57 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Matt sounds like he is on a flip phone from 1995 inside a concrete bunker in the middle of Iowa. Terrible signal.

• RealCatsFan
      11:03 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

A friend of mine was dating Papa John’s wife before he met her. Let’s just say that Papa John moved in on his gal and he didn’t stand a chance. πŸ˜‰

• J-Dub421
      11:13 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

A friend of mine said Papa John tried to move on his buddy’s wife. It didn’t happen.

• runningunnin.454
      11:21 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Well that’s an unhealthy habit.

6. Later guys! Have a blessed weekend!

• CATandMONKEY
      10:47 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Peace. Safe travels.

• J-Dub421
      10:48 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

You do the same. Safe travels.

• RealCatsFan
      11:05 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Wishing you the same. Have fun, and cherish the time with your daughter!

7. runningunnin.454
    10:44 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Isaac trying to hide with a hoodie is funny.
    I worked with a doctor that was 6’9″, he had a t-shirt that said….No, I don’t play basketball, do you play miniature golf.

8. Realme
    11:15 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Speaking of a player being yelled at to rebound: I thought it was funny that Malik said in Cal’s podcast that his mom didn’t try to coach him a lot, but when she did it was always to yell at him to rebound and defend. Sounds familiar. πŸ™‚ Really good interview with him and then De’Aaron if you guys haven’t listened.

• RealCatsFan
      11:50 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

That just goes to show that kids never listen to their parents. I try to tell my older daughter to not swing her arms when passing a volleyball (I’m a coach), and she rolls her eyes at me. And what does the coach on her club team tell her? “Hold your platform still, and don’t swing it”. πŸ™‚

9. J-Dub421
    11:19 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Epps and Akhator should both be drafted pretty high.

10. secrick
    11:49 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Anyone going to the football game Friday night.

• J-Dub421
      11:53 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

I wish I could, but have had other plans for months.

11. Realme
    11:54 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Ryan’s full of it. He’s definitely more afraid of his wife than he would be the airline “authorities”.

• J-Dub421
      11:58 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

I don’t think the authorities have the right to remove a person if that person didn’t do anything wrong. Which is what happened in the United incident.

12. secrick
    11:56 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

To bad That wasn’t Higgins they ask to give up that seat.

13. J-Dub421
    11:57 am April 13, 2017 Permalink

Where does this dude think the vast majority of taxes in this state come from?? Answer: Jefferson County.