Is Stephen Johnson a Done Deal?

Johnson with his coach, @CoachSteptoe.

Johnson with his coach, @CoachSteptoe.

Johnson with his coach, @CoachSteptoe.

Apparently so. Johnson’s coach at the College of Desert, Jack Steptoe, said on the Dan and Mary Jo Show that the dual-threat quarterback will sign with Kentucky this afternoon. We thought we were going to have to wait to hear the good news, but his coach is giving the BBN some early reassurance.

When the news breaks around tip-off at 4:00, we’ll have you covered. Stay tuned.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

10 Comments for Is Stephen Johnson a Done Deal?

1. chardun20
    12:45 pm January 16, 2016 Permalink

He’s really thin. Hope Stephen Johnson and Drew Barker can push each other to get better, for the betterment of the team.

2. Long Dong Silver
    1:18 pm January 16, 2016 Permalink

I hope he’s good enough to come in and start. Our qb spot needs some options.

3. irishcatdaddy
    1:28 pm January 16, 2016 Permalink

Wouldn’t be too worried about how thin he is…heck look at Deshaun Watson.

Love this kid. He is as accurate with his arm as he is dangerous running outside the pocket. This kid will be a great addition and I can easily see him starting next year. He’s the type of QB the game is starting to transition to that gives defenses nightmares. Add his ability to run to the backfield with Boom plus the added stability on the OL that we have coming in and next year could be pretty special.

• Long Dong Silver
      2:11 pm January 16, 2016 Permalink

Whoa. Whoa!!! Hold on that with that special stuff. I’m jyst hoping we have no headcases and show improvement from the beginning of the year until the end. Did last year teach us nothing?

• irishcatdaddy
      2:56 pm January 16, 2016 Permalink

So “this could be a special year” is what you took out of that…. Geeez… doom and gloom cat fans. Yeah we under performed last year and by under performed we didn’t win one more game to make a bowl. From early on you could tell Towles and the OL wasn’t going to get it done when we hit the meat of the schedule. But the teams in the East…Florida…Georgia…Vandy… SC…Mizzo… are all still either in rebuild mode, introducing a new system, or just stink. Tenn is the only team that looks like they are hitting their stride. Please understand I’m not saying we are going to win the SEC or a NC… but a great year isn’t out of the question. So why not us…right?

• Long Dong Silver
      3:07 pm January 16, 2016 Permalink

This site and it’s awaiting moderation bullshit. My last comment had nothing in it that would be considered out of the way.

• CATandMONKEY
      3:40 pm January 16, 2016 Permalink

LDS, the initial “awaiting moderation” comment is likely random and software based. I have been moderated when heaping praise on the team and the KSR writer to whom I am responding.

• ukkatzfan
      5:05 pm January 16, 2016 Permalink

My comments used to be always “Awaiting Moderation” at first. I changed my log in info and now I never see that.

As far as the team goes, I for one would consider it a special season if we play with a competitive football spirit every game. And I believe we will. #ALLIN

4. Jiminy Crickets
    1:54 pm January 16, 2016 Permalink

So do we hear about how Barker is considering transfer soon after? Seems the first two QBs left saying the reigns were handed to Barker, said they thought the competition was closed. They even made it seem like it was Stoops choice even though Dawson thought otherwise. Now here comes a third coordinator in 3 years, and seems he is not sold on Barker either. I personally hope this kid is real, and either wins the job, or puts Barker on high alert. Barker was really Stoops first signature recruit and seems Stoops really wants him to be the guy, even though none of his coordinators have

5. ClutchCargo
    2:40 pm January 16, 2016 Permalink

Barker is going nowhere if he didn’t transfer while waiting behind Towles. Any good football team has to have more than 1 viable QB, so I don’t see why you would even speculate about something like that. If nothing else, maybe the new guy can help our defense learn to contain a dual threat QB; something I have NEVER seen a UK defense do well.