Immanuel Quickley remains hopeful Zion Williamson commits to Kentucky

Photo by adidas

Photo by adidas

This afternoon, Kentucky signee Immanuel Quickley finished with 19 points and five rebounds in his team’s 71-58 loss at the Hoophall Classic in Springfield, MA. It was an impressive showing, especially considering Ohio State commitment and defensive specialist Luther Muhammad guarded him from start to finish.

But the questions he was asked after the game had nothing to do with him or his game.

They were all about Quickley’s friend, five-star forward Zion Williamson, and his thoughts on his decision going into the final week of his recruitment.

Though there are rumors Williamson has already made his decision, Quickley doesn’t think his mind is 100% made up, and Kentucky still has a great shot.

“I honestly 100 percent do not know if he made up his mind,” he told Adam Zagoria. “I think he has a couple of schools that are really favored but I don’t know if he’s 100 percent made up his mind. Kentucky is definitely in there.”

If Williamson joined him at Kentucky, Quickley believes the Wildcats would win a national title.

“I think we could win a national championship,” he said. “With him, he’s a monster on offense and defense so that just makes it easier for everybody else.”

And if he ends up staying home, specifically at Clemson?

“Clemson’s about an hour from his home, you can’t be mad at somebody going to college an hour away.”

To read the rest of Quickley’s interview with Adam Zagoria, head on over to ZagsBlog.com.

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

9 Comments for Immanuel Quickley remains hopeful Zion Williamson commits to Kentucky

1. Bobbum Man
    7:21 pm January 15, 2018 Permalink

Does he actually say he’s optimistic he’ll commit to Kentucky? Cause the post simply says we’re still in it which I think everyone knows

2. philbo
    7:54 pm January 15, 2018 Permalink

I think “hopeful” would be the more accurate description of his comments.

3. terwilliger
    7:58 pm January 15, 2018 Permalink

He’s gone. You can tell Quickley knows he ain’t coming here, and is just paying UK lip service because he was asked directly about it. These kids are tight… they don’t ever not know.

4. nagnuggts
    8:36 pm January 15, 2018 Permalink

cal is losing his touch on this recruiting thing..

• BBNDan7
      8:57 pm January 15, 2018 Permalink

Lol has 2 5 stars and a high 4 Star. “Losing his touch”

5. mikeintn
    8:54 pm January 15, 2018 Permalink

Quickley don’t sound very hopeful to me.

6. chris43
    9:59 pm January 15, 2018 Permalink

Hmmmm…..
    Option A-go to UK, be a superstar, and quite possibly compete for a National Championship

Option B- go to Clemson, be a superstar on a team that has ZERO chance of winning it all but hey! You’re close to home!

7. dbookno1
    10:51 pm January 15, 2018 Permalink

He said he wanted a coach that was “worried about Zion the business man 20 years from now” your a pretty crappy business man if you want to build your brand at Clemson, rather than Kentucky

8. BCO
    6:42 am January 16, 2018 Permalink

I’m still optimistic this is a smoke screen aka Kevin Knox. You all left out the most telling quote…

“I spoke to him a little bit, I won’t say what I know but I’m hoping he can come to Kentucky. That’s basically what it is,”

Or perhaps KSR knows it’s a trick too and is playing along…hmm

Whatever it takes…we NEED this kid. Badly.