If you live in Paducah, start driving east

Kentucky basketball fans in or around the Paducah area, grab the family — or leave them behind, your call — and head east if you plan to watch tonight’s UK game on television. WDKA, the SEC TV affiliate, will be showing Georgia at Missouri in your area instead of the Cats this evening. It’s a crime, I know.

Have a look at the affiliate clearance list for tonight’s SEC games:

sec-affiliate-list
(WAVE 3 will carry the game in Louisville)

Also, Paducah friends, I’m gonna need for you to stop by Patti’s on your way and pick up some flower pot bread and strawberry butter for me. Throw in a pork chop and I’ll love you forever.

Article written by Drew Franklin

24 Comments for If you live in Paducah, start driving east

1. Dee
    11:48 am January 8, 2014 Permalink

First??…YES!!!

2. blue4real
    11:55 am January 8, 2014 Permalink

Well doesn’t that just suck.

3. eastboundanddown
    11:59 am January 8, 2014 Permalink

WDKA sucks! I wonder how many more times this will happen….Its getting harder every year to watch games on TV without having to spend 100$ a month

• Catpocalypse
      12:15 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

I hear ya…! We are forced to save money and dumped cable/satellite, so we no longer get “any” games on TV. It absolutely crazy and pisses me off…. I still listen on radio, but for me it isn’t the same, but oh well….. Thanks for not putting the CATS on network TV any more. Show me the Money….! That’s all its about anymore…. not the fanbase, or at least the fans that can’t afford tickets or cable/sat TV. Screw it, will slowly lose interest (Never thought I would feel that way….) I’ve got my kids so going out to a bar or whatever to watch is not ideal most of the time.

4. Randy
    11:59 am January 8, 2014 Permalink

Thank god for ESPN3! Paducah folks can see the game there.

5. eastboundanddown
    12:01 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

Good thing ESPN fullcourt is having the free trial Jan 6-12th. Channels 720-727 are free. You can find the game there on DTV.

6. CPACAT
    12:02 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

Love me some Patty’s Flower Pot Bread!! YUM!!

7. BleedBlueinNashville
    12:05 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

If you have direct TV and the fox sports package it is on the MSG channel, well that’s what the guide says, its 600 something

8. Block Party
    12:17 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

Better tell ’em to get the 2″ pork chop, Drew, or you’ll end up with the little 1″ portion.

• CatsfaninFL
      2:11 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

For real… seriously who does that? One of my favorite KY restaurants and one I sorely miss down here in FL…

• ATR
      5:27 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

Tell me about it, I miss it so bad down here in FL…the pork chops, flower pot bread, cheesesticks etc etc….when I go back home to western KY, it’s a given that I’m going there at least once.

9. Dave
    12:19 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

I used to be a cook at Patti’s 30 years ago….funny to see they still serve that same bread in the flower pots.

10. Cleatonite
    12:36 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

Patti’s is delicious once you find your way to the table, it’s like a maze getting there. Also, that is one big honkin pork chop they serve. I finished it, but barely. Say hello to the big bald turkey strutting around in his pen out front.

11. Cleatonite
    12:38 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

By the way, you might want to let people know Drew, that both satellite providers are offering free full court pass NCAA channels this week, so you can catch the UK/MissSt game in HD for free on any satellite. Sorry if this messes up your Patti’s plans.

12. Brandon
    12:50 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

Comcast has it on Fox sports south I believe. They better!!!! Anybody else have any ideas about watching it on cable in the Paducah area? I have purposely kept the overpriced Comcast just because every UK game was on it. If it is not, bye bye Comcast.

13. KG
    12:58 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

I know your pain Paducah. I live on the other end of the state and we are forced to watch the W.Va. area games. It totally sucks

14. KG
    12:59 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

That’s why I have Direct TV

15. Paducah Patty
    1:23 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

Glad I have DTV The SEC affiliate is out of Cape Girardeau MO.

16. Tennessee Wildcat
    1:26 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

If you are a Dish network subscriber, you can also get the UK/Mississippi state game on their free espn full court package this week on channels 462 and 412-38 at 7 pm cst. I hope this helps. Go Big Blue!

17. ET
    1:29 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

Drew, next time you are in area, Patti’s is on me…

18. nkywildcatfan
    4:47 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

Can anyone in NKY confirm that it will be on Direct TV? Last time I thought it would be on the fox sports channel, it was blacked out because Full Court picked it up. I would rather go to the bar to make sure I get the game, so trying to find out ahead of time. Thanks!!!

19. Pdub
    5:18 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

That flipping sucks!!!!!!!L. Time for a new TV affiliate

20. Paul KIel
    5:53 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

SEC TV only has one affiliate in Atlanta so we are blocked by the GA-MO game and apparently they won’t give the feed to anyone else here. There would be a bigger audience for the UK game so not sure why they don’t make it available.

Is this going to go on the entire season?

21. Dee W.
    11:43 pm January 8, 2014 Permalink

Have to just go the old fashioned way – the radio – in these situations…not the same, but it works. Don’t “lose interest.”

I wonder why WDKA couldn’t have put it on a subchannel in order to show both games?