I really need Katina Powell to chill out

As a big fan of Katina Powell’s work, I must say I’m a little disappointed in her behavior lately. She is such a great author — Breaking Cardinal Rules is a masterpiece — but it’s tough to stand in her corner when she finds herself in trouble so often.

The latest allegations against Powell are pretty bad. Really bad, actually.

According to WDRB, she is under investigation for a violent robbery of a Louisville dentist:

Thomas Tyre, who has previously disclosed a relationship with Powell, claims in a Louisville Metro Police investigative report that Powell and her brother, Ernest Powell, entered his home Saturday night and Katina Powell demanded money.

Ernest Powell is accused of pulling out a knife and cutting Tyre inside his mouth. The two men struggled and Tyre suffered knife wounds on his hands, according to the report.

Tyre, 55, said Katina Powell told Ernest “not to hurt him that bad during the assault,” according to the police narrative. [WDRB]

Tyre isn’t a new character in the Katina Powell story. He’s the man she allegedly stole blank checks from and then cashed at a liquor store in a case that is still pending. He’s not so clean, either. WDRB notes he is facing three counts of unlawfully prescribing or administering controlled substances to his patients, and was arrested last month.

If I’m going to continue to back Powell, I need her to reel it in a little bit because this is killing her brand as an author. It’s also killing the value of my Katina Powell memorabilia collection.

Article written by Drew Franklin

61 Comments for I really need Katina Powell to chill out

1. CombatMedic_98
    11:39 am September 27, 2018 Permalink

This stuff you pat is so cheap and disgusting…if you all wanna report trash about trashy Louisville garbage create a Louisville Sports Radio and get off of here with this crap every week on PITINO and Cards and Just a bunch of NOISE and Garbage. You all are wasting brain cells and ruining this news blog reporting on garbage can information…my goodness this is second hand embarrassment for Matt Jones…!

• Drew Franklin
      12:35 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

When did this become a news blog? I’ve been here 9+ years and had no idea.

2:13 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

My bad…not a news blog! How ridiculous of me to assume you all actually post news…! I was referencing your “Reposts” of the news articles that are already published and you all piggy back off of it and these goons on here act like wow this is the best “ever”…with PITINO, Powell, etc. reposts of published articles…so what are you calling what u do…journalism, texting, reporting, etc!? I call it a bunch of garbage and you all have sold it as some UK hype. You all are a bunch of KY wanna be bandwagoneers And everyone drank the coolaid…this site is beyond ametuer… but hey you are cool cause you got a drink signed by a bum that supported a bum and a bum program…hey but, let’s us readers know where you stand…bleeding red alll day long…I rest my case “your honor” pending your further questions & statements…I give over to the Prosecutors & Jury… CUM ON LETS GO

• Soul patches are kewl
      3:48 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Koolaid* and who is LETS GO and why are we cumming on them?

• mollydoglikesUK
      2:05 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

And yet, CombatMedic, here you are.

• Bobbum Man
      3:36 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Why is it that because it’s alrwady been reported elsewhere they’re not allowed to talk about it? This is where I come for my info, haven’t heard about it until now, probably wouldn’t have if they didn’t post this… it’s not a race to report first, it’s a site about UK sports which yes, also involves UL

3:55 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Well I have a read anything about Eastern Kentucky University Western Kentucky University Northern Kentucky University University of the Cumberlands union college Kentucky state university Lindsey Wilson Campbellsville University Kentucky Weslyan.

• Cincy Cayt
      10:57 pm September 28, 2018 Permalink

CombatMedic, thank you for your service, but U of L is the gift that keeps giving. I’m happy to take what they give and laugh at them. Rinse. Repeat.

• cats646
      5:00 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Combatmedic, sober up and try again tomorrow. Until then I think I speak for Drew and everyone else on here when I tell you to stfu. So stfu. Dumba$$

5:37 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

do you know young chap

2. CombatMedic_98
    11:45 am September 27, 2018 Permalink

Someone HR please get rid of the Louisville (Deep State) reporting on here…Louisville isn’t even considered a part of Kentucky anyways…need to be annexed to Indiana or Ohio…or shoved into the Ohio River!

3. ClutchCargo
    11:47 am September 27, 2018 Permalink

CombatMedic, start your own blog and post whatever you want. Otherwise, keep scrolling.

4. natedaddy
    11:55 am September 27, 2018 Permalink

I actually agree with medic on this one. Everybody in the BBN knew Kat Powell was trash from day one. Regardless of whether or not she helped bring down the Cards basketball program, she is terrible human being. And it’s articles like this that make me question the morals of the writers.

• UK_fac_boi
      12:00 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Jesus Christ! It’s a joke! Don’t be so up tight, thanks for the article, a autographed can of squirt from a stripper is hilarious. If you scared, go to church!!!

12:26 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

I guess this is the audience “listening…” and intended target. Sorry I grew after 18…! Right it’s hilarious to share between two “buddies” at their party on Saturday night “Bro” but, not on here.

• (Aixelsyd)0505
      1:21 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Dude! You read the wrong terms of agreement, not to mention the wrong site if you expect this audience to be so up tight and “grown up”!! Hahaha GTF outta here!

2:14 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Thanks NateDog appreciate it

• J-Dub421
      4:33 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Funny that all you dudes question the morality of KSR writers re: Katina Powell, but I never see you call anyone out over posts of hot co-eds with comment sections full of creeps ranking the girls on how hot they are and in which order a guy would bang them…

• cats646
      5:03 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

I agree Powell is trash. She’s a hooker for crying out loud. But the way Combatmedic words things and throws a fit about stuff makes me want to punch his face.

• Jdub, I agree with you.

• I will add one caveat though: if someone (male or female) dresses provocatively, they can’t choose who will ogle them. That said, they don’t post those pics as much as they used to.

• Just one more reply: none of that justifies the behavior Jdub pointed out.

5. (Aixelsyd)0505
    11:58 am September 27, 2018 Permalink

Hahahaha @ combatmedic_98… you do realize that drew is a finding father of this site right? This is their site, they can do whatever they want on here, and if you don’t like it then that’s your problem… their are other Kentucky sports media outlets but yet you continue to LIVE on KSR!!! I’m sure the entire BBN would love if you stopped all your negative comments and acting like you own a stake in this site.

12:28 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Understand it’s just my opinion as is theirs…don’t get so wound up. Don’t care who founded it, but I agreed to the user terms and know that my voice is heard as is everyone on here. Don’t chime in as well chief…scroll on!

2:15 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

I didn’t know he was your buddy either but, thanks for the disclosure

• cats646
      5:07 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

You’re the one getting wound up medic. Smh

5:39 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Negative I’m Always calm

5:40 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

I don’t think there’s any need getting wound up in just a simple conversation

6. Wade
    12:02 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Don’t click! Lots of other sites out there where you won’t find this stuff. You obviously see the goons working with baby face Jones. Mostly the crap stories come from the Luke maye look alike. Louisville is our rival so it’s at their expense but I do think kids read ksr and if that’s a part of your audience then you should definitely avoid topics or at least report it in a manner that the news does since everything on ksr is stolen from somewhere else anyway. The lou isn’t trash just the typical cards fans
    And certain areas. It’s not lex for sure or others parts hell not even the same type of people but not complete trash!!!

7. johnswall
    12:10 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Guess what, you don’t have to read it if you don’t want to.

8. afidler
    12:19 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

You don’t have to be a fan of Katina Powell just because of her ties with the Louisville scandal.

She’s a bad person who does bad things, Louisville also did bad things. They’re not mutually exclusive. It’s not that difficult.

9. nathan.smith539
    12:51 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Goodness, some uptight people on here today. The reason this is the best sports website in the country is because of articles like this. It makes no sense why someone would take that much time out of their day to write a complaint about an article on a website they don’t own and don’t have to visit. Great work Drew, keep it up!

10. ClutchCargo
    1:28 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

I don’t think anyone in their right mind would argue that Katina is anything more than a disgusting individual. But to tell Drew how to run his own blog is beyond stupid. Read it or don’t, nobody cares. And for sure nobody cares enough to read through the rambling, incoherent rants of some keyboard warrior who thinks his opinion is worth more than anyone else’s.

2:00 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

I can’t hear you…

• ClutchCargo
      2:13 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Yet your psychic ass still responded. Simply amazing.

4:28 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Hunh…

2:17 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Another “insider” and buddy of Drew and the crew…LOL! You all act like u are the “comment cops” for Drew and all…calm down crutches!!!

• Booby Petrino
      3:18 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Combat needs to take his medication, apparently

4:30 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Nah…just tired of garbage can posts and then the “leaders” comment control teams chime in like A bunch two-but wanna be’s! I’ll be at KSRBar this weekend and shake hands with the comment control team

• cats646
      5:09 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Clutch that comeback was hilarious.

• RealCatsFan
      5:16 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Combatmedic, you buying? Then I’m in! 🙂

11. (Aixelsyd)0505
    1:54 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Hahahahaha!!! Get em clutches!

12. willmenser
    2:01 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Hey guys, guess what? It’s a joke! ?

13. johnswall
    2:23 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Combat medic sounds mad…

14. johnswall
    2:26 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Combatmedic sounds mad…

15. RICKSVD
    2:30 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Seems like everytime I see her in trouble, she’s wearing louisville shirts. That’s what happens, they are a plaque and cause crime to happen.

16. (Aixelsyd)0505
    4:40 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Combat medic IS mad! Haha

17. RealCatsFan
    5:18 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

She is a fairly disgusting individual, and seeing the hosts of this site even wanting to be in the same room as her makes my skin squirm a little, but it’s their site and their prerogative. I’m just here for the comments. 😉

• (Aixelsyd)0505
      9:38 pm September 27, 2018 Permalink

Right! I do love to read the comments as much as the articles… pure entertainment

18. Cincy Cayt
    11:00 pm September 28, 2018 Permalink

Maybe these guys are right – too much Katina and Rick. When are Jurich and Petrino going to do something off the field worthy of laughter again?