I really enjoy the reaction to Justin Rogers’ pic with Butch Jones

I was on vacation for the last nine days and I did a wonderful job of staying off my phone, so I’m a little behind on everything that happened in the world during that time. In catching up on all the fun I missed, I saw the photo of Justin Rogers with Butch Jones on Rogers’ official visit to Alabama and holy cow the replies are incredible.

The best responses are from Tennessee fans (for good reason), most of which are .GIFs of people laughing. It seems Rogers was able to do what I never thought was possible: bringing Kentucky and Tennessee football fans together.

On a serious note, Josh Helmholdt of Rivals makes it sound like Nick Saban made a solid pitch for UK’s coveted commitment. Helmholdt wrote, “I have been told it was an eye-opening visit for the five-star. One of the keys to this past weekend being a successful official visit was the personal time Saban spent with both Rogers and his mother. Alabama, like Kentucky, is recruiting the two-way player as a defensive tackle, which is the position he prefers.”

BACK OFF SABAN

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for I really enjoy the reaction to Justin Rogers’ pic with Butch Jones

1. ColoradoCatFan88
    6:13 pm June 17, 2019 Permalink

I will be very surprised to see this kid in a Kentucky uniform.. but I really hope my intuition is wrong.

• bbanks81
      6:38 pm June 17, 2019 Permalink

I cant Blame the kid if he goes to AL, l hope he sticks with us, but not counting on good news. The basic UK football fan needs to realize that in big boy recruiting this happens more than not. Hints the reason big time programs make signing day such a spectacle. FB recruiting is nothing like BBall, and lots of or fans simply can’t process that.

• CalsCats3.0
      6:48 pm June 17, 2019 Permalink

Football recruiting is dumb. Don’t have big video announcements, press conferences, school assemblies to announce who is your current leader.

I can understand if a key coach leaves or if another guy commits that will start over you, that changes things. That isn’t typically what changes players minds.

• Irish son
      7:19 pm June 17, 2019 Permalink

Saban is the Coach K of football. He pretty much gets who he wants

• bhoop33
      10:06 pm June 17, 2019 Permalink

Losing a recruit to Alabama doesn’t bother me. What’s annoying is, he had the Alabama offer before he committed to Kentucky. Why not postpone the announcement and go visit Alabama if that’s what you wanna do.

• Cletis75
      11:04 pm June 17, 2019 Permalink

Not gonna count us out. He could probably start day 1 here, with a lot of effort. At Bama he will have to wait at least one year, maybe 2.

2. Smyrna_Cat
    6:49 pm June 17, 2019 Permalink

Regardless of what happens with Rogers, I like where UK recruiting is right now. You can’t argue that we are in a VERY different place than when Joker was coaching. We are making progress and moving in the right direction. I like my team!!!

• JTHinton
      8:16 pm June 17, 2019 Permalink

I assume you meant you can’t argue that we aren’t in a VERY different position than Joker … and fwiw I agree 100%. And if Bama comes calling i would go to that program as well

• CatfaninCinci
      11:55 pm June 17, 2019 Permalink

Hey double negative. I think Smyrna was right all along

3. gasman01
    7:26 pm June 17, 2019 Permalink

If a kid had to sign a letter of intent with these commitments this would stop this trend.

4. Collie
    7:59 pm June 17, 2019 Permalink

Not sure where these ryhmes came from, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t mother goose or dr. Seuss. If your gonna talk the talk, walk the walk, and say what you mean, mean what you say. We have two ears and one mouth for a reason and that reason goes both ways. And BBN is always listening. Don’t make promises you can’t keep.

5. Alamo_Cats
    10:29 pm June 17, 2019 Permalink

Good UK commit flashing the crossed fingers on left hand as a sign of coercion? Good kid 🙂

6. juiceisloose
    1:10 am June 18, 2019 Permalink

I know I have no idea what’s going on in this mans life., but I have to wonder. Why did he commit??? why do any of them commit just to decommit. Is it to gain leverage?