Hump Day! (Wednesday Show Thread)

That’s right, today is Wednesday.  The Monday holiday makes today feel like a Tuesday, but do not worry, you’re already almost halfway through your work week.  Time will fly even faster at work if you spend it listening to Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond on KSR.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

74 Comments for Hump Day! (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    9:52 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

I’m weirdly disappointed there are no more teenage athlete decisions to obsess over. Not being a baseball watcher, I feel like there’s no reason to be excited until September.

• Booby Petrino
      10:20 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

I agree. Baseball, hockey, golf…no thanks! I will watch some of the NBA finals but I typically can only tolerate the 2nd half of NBA games. Seems like the first half is a waste, especially since I’m not a fan of either of the teams in the finals.

• J-Dub421
      10:22 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

Tennis is the only sport I watch over the summer.

• RealCatsFan
      10:25 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

The NHL finals is kind of fun to watch, but regular season games, no. I have ZERO interest in the NBA finals this year. It’s just like a rerun.

• I’ve not ever been a regular tennis watcher, but I LOVED watching those epic matches between Borg and McEnroe. Graff/Navratilova and Evert/Navratilova were entertaining as well.

• Realme
      10:50 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

I like to catch ends of NBA / NHL games, but can’t get excited about them ahead of time.

2. Realme
    10:12 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

Rough start. Then Championship.

• RealCatsFan
      10:20 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, lots of rough patches in the middle of the season when teams learn how to play us. Then a decent run. Thinking probably Elite Eight, maybe Final Four this year, but the year after that we get a solid returning core of players along with another amazing recruiting class, and roll to championship #9 in 19.

• J-Dub421
      10:24 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

We will only lose to pretty decent and disciplined teams. We’ll simply out-athlete a lot of teams, even if our guys are still figuring out how to play together.

• #9, PLEASE!

Yeah, I guess I’m sort of guilty of being a part of that “Whine until 9” group. However, unlike some of them who want to run Cal off, I’m not part of that even though he does make questionable in-game decisions at times. I’m afraid when he retires we might go through another BCG era or something similar. However, it sure would be nice to average more than 1 natty every 10 or 15 years like we’ve done since Rupp arrived. I’ve given up on the thought of catching UCLA in my lifetime, so if we can stay at 2nd (and even better, be only the 2nd to get double digit titles!), I’ll be happy.

3. Realme
    10:17 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

Smart phone
    TV
    Bible
    Pets
    Pizza

• RealCatsFan
      10:19 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

Mine would be similar, but I would have to work “beer” into there somehow.

• J-Dub421
      10:27 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

5 favorite things, in no particular order:
      Kindle
      Smartphone
      Family (including pets as they are part of the family)
      Bourbon
      Delicious food

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:36 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

Sharp Cheddar
      rat terriers
      God
      Mom
      habanero pepper

• Hey, a fellow chili head! I like spicy food too, but habanero is a bit hot for me. I like to say I like it Tabasco hot, not habanero hot. I have to be able to taste the food.

• J-Dub421
      11:06 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

We have a habanero plant right now. It’s just started to grow some peppers. A tomato plant as well.

• RealCatsFan
      11:13 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

OK, here’s mine:
      God
      Friends & Family
      Good health
      Beer & Pizza
      UK basketball!

• BluKudzu
      12:45 pm May 31, 2017 Permalink

GPS
      Marmot Limelight 3P
      Feathered friends down sleeping bag
      Platypus water purifier
      Osprey 38L backpack

4. Realme
    10:18 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

Just gonna keep talking to myself today I guess. 🙂

5. RealCatsFan
    10:23 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

I am pretty sure I was at the Stone Temple Pilots concert that Shannon was talking about – I remember him getting up on the stage with the megaphone for the opening to “Dead and Bloated”. It was at Horseshoe, and it was an awesome show. We apparently caught Scott Weiland when he was on top of his game and reasonably sober, because he was “on”. We were nervous because we had read some reviews of previous shows where he was so intoxicated that he was forgetting the song lyrics.

6. DrSayre
    10:27 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

I havent been able to listen the past couple of days. Did they talked about the two media outlets involved with the John Higgins thing? I want to know which two it was. If one was KSR, there has to be a rant building up lol

• Realme
      10:34 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

They talked about how the condemnation of BBN was overkill, when the problem was 7 people, but didn’t address the media outlet part (that I heard). I think they actually did post that video, but may not have been named because they removed it when they realized it had his phone # in it.

• DrSayre
      10:40 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

I feel like if they havent talked about that part of it, they might have been one of the two. Which would be ridiculous if they are.

• Realme
      10:43 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

Could be. I doubt the FBI is going to take the time to go after them (or any of the individuals).

• DrSayre
      10:43 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

As far as the fans go, I want to see the facebook messages/phone calls from the 7.

• DrSayre
      10:45 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

yeah, the way I understood it was the info was passed on to the local authorities, which Im guessing they will do nothing. But the FCC got the information for the 2 media outlets… Im guessing they will do nothing as well, but I guess they could fine them? Not really sure what all the FCC can do.

• Realme
      10:49 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

I think the lastest “news” was that the local authorities declined to press charges, but referred 7 people and 2 media outlets to the feds.

• runningunnin.454
      10:59 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

I still say if Higgins’ contact info was published, it is in the public domain, and the media outlets can not be charged with anything….as long as they didn’t incite threats or violence.

• DrSayre
      11:53 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

That’s what I would think as well. Was it just his phone number that was on his website? Don’t see how that would cause any problems.

7. J-Dub421
    10:30 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

Tiger Woods is not going to win another major. Heck, I don’t think he’ll win another tournament. He’s done.

• I don’t give a rip about golf, but it’s sad to see someone fall so seemingly hard.

• Realme
      10:47 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

Sad, but such self-destruction is not uncommon when someone becomes the right combination of rich/famous/powerful. That’s why I always hope UK stars stay grounded and humble after they leave.

• RealCatsFan
      11:24 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

The saying is that pride comes before a fall, and it holds true most of the time.

8. runningunnin.454
    10:56 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

OH boy, the original Polk Salad Annie; no watered down Elvis or Tom Jones versions.
    Tony Joe White could actually play the guitar.

9. runningunnin.454
    10:58 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

If we could keep some of next year’s team for an additional year, maybe the one-and-done cry babies would be happy.

• secrick
      11:03 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

No they would find something to cry about.

• J-Dub421
      11:05 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

No, they would just trash them for “sucking” like they did Briscoe and the Harrison twins.

10. secrick
    11:04 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

I don’t watch baseball a lot but am glad Ky is doing so good and will watch them this weekend. Go Cats

11. secrick
    11:08 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

I don’t believe the 7 people or the 2 radio outlets will ever hear from anyone about this. The guy is a ref and needs some thicker skin and of course some fans need to grow up.

• Realme
      11:12 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

So, to recap:

Countless judgement, outrage and sensationalizing stories from the media.
      Zero arrests of credible threats.

This is very 2017.

• secrick
      11:19 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

That about sums it up.Sorry for all the post in a row but was trying to catch up.

12. John Waite was the lead singer of The Babys before going solo. Jonathan Cain was their keyboard player before helping Journey go into the stratosphere of superstardom.

• RealCatsFan
      11:41 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

The “new” Journey paled in comparison to the “old” Journey. They never play their old stuff anymore.

• I like them both, but yeah, the old Journey did seem to be a bit more creative. What some folks don’t know though, if they’ve never listened to the entire “Escape” and “Frontiers” albums is that they have some kickin’ songs that didn’t get played on the radio. “Edge of the Blade”, “Lay it Down” and “Backtalk” are just a few. They hadn’t gone TOTALLY ballad yet.

13. Those 3 shot clock violations were at least partly on Cal for sitting on the ball.

14. Realme
    11:29 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

Vanderbilt will probably be on campus in the next couple of weeks. If he’s limited by an injury, we’ll all hear about a boot or crutches or whatever. I don’t think his “injury” is anything. I think we’re (hopefully) making news out of nothing.

15. Realme
    11:30 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

So, Poke or Polk? Salad or Salat?

• J-Dub421
      11:35 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

Salat is not a word. Anyone who says Salat doesn’t know how to enunciate properly.

• Realme
      11:38 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

Agree but that seems to be the name of the festival.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:40 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

Poke weed. Big ugly one behind my garage aching for the weedeater.

16. RealCatsFan
    11:39 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

Biggest disappointment I had in the Wisconsin game was Willie. He started out strong, and then seemed to disappear, especially on defense. I have always said that if that team had kept up their early season defensive intensity for the whole season, they would have won the championship easily. Some of that could have been attributed to the loss of Alex, but I think a lot of it was youthful lack of focus going down the stretch. Bad defensive habits were allowed to become ingrained.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:42 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

This X 1000. If WAS even came close to season averages in even one category we are playing Duke at 39-0.

• Realme
      11:43 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

Agree about Willie. He picked a terrible game to disappear from defensively for long stretches. But, the reality is, that was a team loss, that occurred over 2 halves, where at least 6 players, Cal, and the referees all made mistakes. People that nitpick the end of the game are just predisposed to hate on the twins, imo.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:43 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

W.C.S. damned auto correct and screw these pop-up video ads.

• J-Dub421
      11:47 am May 31, 2017 Permalink

For me is was Booker. A shooter who didn’t even attempt a three and got abused on defense.