Hump Day Rapid Fire: NCAA Basketball Commission Doesn’t Do Much

If you didn’t wake up early enough to see Condi Rice and the Commission on College Basketball’s recommendations, you did not miss much.  Allow Mrs. Tyler to fill you in:

NCAA committee calls for end of one-and-done; refuses to pay players

Their biggest suggested rule change is a rule they do not control, the one-and-done.  It’s an NBA rule, not an NCAA rule.  The alternatives are stupid, as is most of this morning’s news.

Wob — A new episode of The Aaron Torres Sports Podcast is dropping soon featuring the best Tweeter in all of NBA Twitter.  If you don’t know Wob, he shares videos like this one:

The Bucks lost to Boston to fall behind 3-2 in the series and the Warriors won to advance to the second round where they’ll see Anthony Davis and the New Orleans Pelicans.

Meek is Free —  Philadelphia celebrated by flying Meek Mill to the arena to see the Sixers win their first playoff series since 2012.  The Process has successfully been Trusted.

Tonight’s Playoff Schedule

• 7:00 — Wizards at Raptors on NBATV (Series tied 2-2)
  • 7:00 — Pacers at Cavaliers on TNT (Series tied 2-2)
  • 9:30 — Timberwolves at Rockets (HOU leads 3-1)

Jaylin Bannerman to JUCO — The former Kentucky defensive lineman will join fellow UK transfer, safety Tobias Gilliam, at Arizona Western Junior College.

Bromley’s First Pitch —  The recently retired WKYT sportscaster appears to be the Reds’ secret weapon.  Last night’s game started with a first pitch from Rob Bromley and ended with a walk-off homerun in the 12th inning from Scooter Gennett.

Super Troopers 2 — After checking out the sequel, I’ll tell you to enter the theater with expectations of any comedy sequel that’s made a decade later.  There were a handful of moments that made me laugh, Farva is still a wonderful character, but you cannot call it a “great” movie.

Waterfront Wednesday — Tonight’s free concert at the Waterfront is ushering in a wave of good weather in the Derby City over the next week.  Will it hold the rain off until May 5?  Fingers crossed.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

9 Comments for Hump Day Rapid Fire: NCAA Basketball Commission Doesn’t Do Much

1. RexRox
    9:19 am April 25, 2018 Permalink

Don’t believe Rozier wants any part of Bledsoe.

• BBNDan7
      10:53 am April 25, 2018 Permalink

Rozier has ate Bledsoe’s lunch the whole series

2. lexslamman
    9:24 am April 25, 2018 Permalink

Baseball stadiums look awfully empty these days – except for up here in the megaopolis, of course. I still wonder how much longer the sport can support huge salaries and big TV deals.

Also, the ads on this site are becoming intolerable, especially on a desktop PC. Works fine for mobile, but I might have to stop coming here the old fashioned way moving forward.

• You’ve got to use Adblock Plus and it’ll be no problem.

• And I agree about baseball. Of course, my Reds are dead last in the entire league (Ugh!), so there’s that. I hate to see them so bad. Oh well, I have my memories of the Big Red Machine, and the Eric Davis team pummeling the heavily favored roided up A’s.

• lexslamman
      10:50 am April 25, 2018 Permalink

I’m not a big Cincy fan, but I love baseball in general. I remember going to the old Riverfront Stadium to watch Eric Davis and Barry Larkin and Chris Sabo and Paul O’Neill… Lou Pinella was a heck of a good manager, too – but everything was better back when I was a kid.

I have to say it again: I love baseball, unconditionally. It’s a shame that so few other people like the game and only want to see victories or home runs or no-hitters or playoffs/championships. It’s also a shame that so many of the great baseball traditions (Chi Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies) are priced out of the reach of most people these days.

3. MadHatter
    9:36 am April 25, 2018 Permalink

Omg that was a hell of a fight.
    #bringbackthebadboys

4. The Professor
    11:14 am April 25, 2018 Permalink

Bledsoe should be embarrassed. He played like crap while Rozier owned him, he whined about the refs and this video shows him instigating a fight. His did little to help his team!

• trumpetguy
      2:06 pm April 25, 2018 Permalink

To Bledsoe…..is this a Bucks/Celtics game, OR, is this a former UL/UK player thing? I watched a Denver/Celtics SUMMER LEAGUE game last summer, and Jamal Murray definitely had it going on with former UL player Rozier. To Murray, that battle between him and Rozier was MUCH GREATER than an incidental summer league scrimmage……Rozier might as well been wearing his UL jersey, because Murray was into him big time.