Huge meltdown over on the Syracuse message board as moderator picks Green to UK

cuse-fan

The message board posters over at SyracuseFan.com are losing their minds over Quade Green potentially picking Kentucky for his college destination. A trusted moderator on the board wrote that he is hearing UK is the play for Green, and his prediction has really taken things off the rails in the Green discussion.

I hope I am wrong, but I hear there is no LOI and its Kentucky.

I’ll gladly take whatever heat if I’m wrong…but I don’t think I am.  — Jake, mod [SyracuseFan.com]

I don’t know the first thing about the person who wrote that or which way Green is leaning, but I did enjoy scrolling through the chaos on that site as Orange fans prepare for the worst. Their speculation and anxiety is exciting for Kentucky fans.

As for Green’s final decision, we’ll find out late Saturday night when he announces his pick. It’s believed he went ahead and submitted his LOI to the school of his choosing (because the deadline was last night) but his plan is to keep it under wraps until Saturday.

Get in here, Quade.

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for Huge meltdown over on the Syracuse message board as moderator picks Green to UK

1. Bluebloodtoo
    5:31 pm November 17, 2016 Permalink

Remember this post the next time that some other school comes trolling on here when we lose a recruit.

• Booby Petrino
      7:30 pm November 17, 2016 Permalink

Still different than going to their site to argue with their fans. If you do that, you’re a loser troll.

2. wildcat369
    5:45 pm November 17, 2016 Permalink

Interesting story on Green. Check out the Cuse fans’ comments at the bottom of the story. Sounds they’re convinced he is coming to UK.

3. Luether
    6:34 pm November 17, 2016 Permalink

The point guard position is critical – particularly at Ky. Hope the Cuse fans are right and it’s us…

4. Rick_S
    7:06 pm November 17, 2016 Permalink

I hope he didn’t cost over 75k..we have to save some for Young

• Booby Petrino
      7:28 pm November 17, 2016 Permalink

Jealous much?

• RealCatsFan
      8:37 pm November 17, 2016 Permalink

Sounds like we have a fan of that school that biys ho’s for their recruits trolling over here.

• EdC
      11:33 am November 18, 2016 Permalink

So much fun being a UK fan and living rent free in so many little brother brains.

5. Megan
    7:19 pm November 17, 2016 Permalink

The thread’s been bouncing back and forth between joy and depression, as someone claims his source says definitely SU, but someone else claims his source says definitely not SU. They should maintain their sanity and wait until Saturday night, when we’ll all know with certainty.

Not sure what all the speculation accomplishes. Guess they want to know asap, but the thrill ride they’re giving themselves must be taking a mental toll. I wouldn’t call it a meltdown. Some pretty level heads over there. Not all, but some. At least as many as over here, that’s for sure!

6. Kyblue34
    8:19 pm November 17, 2016 Permalink

Wow, that’s huge if he picks us. Would be one the best misdirections ever. I mean everyone has had him as a done deal to Syracuse.

7. Bigfoot70
    8:36 am November 18, 2016 Permalink

Why would any kid consider Syracuse a better place to play? UK = NBA.

8. EdC
    11:57 am November 18, 2016 Permalink

For any player serious about competing in the NBA there are tons of schools that are better to consider than Syracuse for the simple fact that they don’t teach a single minute of man to man defense. That is a huge tiebreaker if it is down to similar skills. There are a huge number of players every single year with similar talent going into college. Virtually none of them know anything about defense coming out of high school. Does it make sense to come out of college not knowing anything about the defense played in the NBA?

Of course Syracuse is going to always get players because of the east coast press hyping them beyond all reality every year but for the players Boeheim has gotten he really has accomplished very little.

Now let’s look at the Syracuse players in the NBA right now.

Kentucky 26, Syracuse 11

Syracuse’s best is clearly Carmelo.

I won’t go into the details of all the other current numbers but the bottom line is that if you sort by points per game, assists per game or rebounds per game UK players are blowing the Syracuse players out of the water.

If there were a UK team the starters would look like: Anthony Davis, Karl-Anthony Towns, Demarcus Cousins, John Wall and Devin Booker all NBA starters and stars. Based on current averages they would be expected to score 123 points and get 36 rebounds, 19 assists

Syracuse would look like: Carmello, Dion Waters, Jerami Grant, Tyler Ennis and I guess they would have to play PF Chris McCullough at Center because they don’t have one. Based on current averages they would be expected to score 48 points.15 rebounds and 8 assists

Yep. I know none of that matters but I was curious and it was fun to look at the numbers.