How To Spot A Louisville Fan

uofl-fans

Kentucky fans, when you’re relaxing in your folding chairs tomorrow morning and sipping an ice cold glass of “Whoa-too-much-bourbon-in-here,” you might notice an unfamiliar smell in the air. That’s not the smell of football in the bluegrass, and though it smells a lot like the porta-potty you’re stationed next to, it’s not coming from inside there, either. It’s actually our friends from Louisville, in town to watch their BCS hopefuls take on your University of Kentucky Wildcats.

And while most Cayts fans are able to spot a Card fan from bus stops away, sadly, there are some of us who can’t. That is why I’m here this afternoon with a quick, crash course on how to recognize the enemy tomorrow morning so you can stay away; far, far, far away. Like, the other side of the parking lot away. We don’t want you catching anything you can’t get rid of.

Below you’ll find the most common pieces of the Louisville fan uniform. When you see them, backpedal to a safe distance and take as many pictures as you can. It’s not everyday you see these creatures, thank God.

White Gucci** sunglasses
**Not actually Gucci

The official eyewear of the University of Louisville can be purchased in the middle of Jefferson Mall or in the parking lot outside the Kentucky State Fair. At $15 per pair or $25 for two, these lightweight sunglasses are cost-efficient for ballers on a budget, like most Louisville fans, yet indistinguishable from those worn by Pitbull during his heyday in 2004. Not to mention, the gradient tint lenses have L1C400 protection, which protects the eyes from the mirror’s harmful reflection.

ksr

KSR

Only one demographic checks KentuckySportsRadio.com more frequently than fans of the Kentucky Wildcats: fans of the Louisville Cards.

It’s amazing, really. Louisville fans bitch, whine and moan about what’s going on at KSR, but they fail to acknowledge the fact that no one made them log on to KSR in the first place. They come here voluntarily, and often, and we appreciate the clicks. They’re only helping our growth.

You’re reading this right now, aren’t you, Louisville fan? Uh oh, caught ya. Now you’re asking yourself if you should leave a comment or close out and pretend you never stopped by. You’re still reading this sentence, too. And this one. Hey, click here too.

facepaint

Face paint

Face paint is great for game days — when applied in moderation. And when applied to anyone under the age of twelve. But Louisville fans, oh those Louisville fans, they go the extra mile with the makeup.

Tom Jurich, coincidentally, wears that same shade of yellow makeup on his ass. It’s purely a coincidence, though. It has nothing to do with it being on that guy’s mouth.

Whatever this is

I don’t know what I’m looking at, but if you see it, you’ll know they’re here.

fbbn

#FBBN t-shirt

When Louisville fans aren’t wearing this t-shirt to church, court, parole hearings, visitation, job interviews, or GED photo day, they’re wearing it to football games. What it lacks in creativity, it makes up for in douchebaggery.

ls-up

The International “Loser” Hand Gesture

They’ll tell you it’s for Louisville, which is fine, I guess. Just let ’em go.

dj

DJ (Insert Terrible DJ Name)

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Give a Louisville fan a DJ starter kit, and suddenly he thinks it’s acceptable to set up at tailgates and scratch over the latest David Guetta songs. Only middle school dances and skating rinks book the same talent as a Louisville football tailgate. It’s like Bonnaroo for amateur, talentless DJs, but with a crowd of sweaty, shirtless old men instead of sweaty, shirtless young college coeds.

If you see a guy in white Gucci** sunglasses unloading a generator tomorrow, it is your civic duty to sabotage his whole set, even if it means taking a grill tool to his ‘My First DJ’ kit.

Everything else you need to know can be found in this video…

Lord help us all.

Article written by Drew Franklin

80 Comments for How To Spot A Louisville Fan

1. First
    5:15 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Ouch. All that red gave me hemorrhoids.

2. idontflinch
    5:15 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

This was some funny stuff. Duh Ville fans suck. Their football team might be okay this year, but their fans are terrible. Go Cats!

3. Louisville1Cal4
    5:15 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

You forgot Crown Royal & line beards too.

4. JJ
    5:16 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Oh, and let us never forget:

Louisville has the classiest cheerleaders in America.

5. NotSatire
    5:17 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

What’s with the Alabama hat? Can’t imagine a UK fan wearing an Alabama hat to a football game.

6. True
    5:18 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Crown Royal guy is a UK fan.

7. Ryan
    5:21 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

I’m really surprised I didn’t see Ricky P in that video..

8. Teddy Bongwater
    5:25 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Sadly I went to school at Trinity with the crown royal douches. They are every bit as stereotypical as they look….also the guy dressed as the cardinal went to trinity. All of them the same graduating class as well (2005).

9. Elfrid Payton
    5:31 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Drew, c’mon bro. You know I got love for ya, but making fun of someone who tragically passed away at a young age is way out of line imo. From what I’ve seen, you all have been asked politely several times by a couple of his friends and one of his family members on here. One of his friends even posted a couple links confirming that one of the men in that photo indeed passed away (unless they were lying and the guy had a twin brother). There are countless other photos on the internet of Ville fans similar to this you can use instead.

10. dennis
    5:34 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

had to tell you guys that while sitting at the VA hospital in louisville today waiting on meds and guy came in with a ul hat and line beard with a L tattoo on one arm and a clown tattoo on the other…i about fell out of my seat laughing.

11. Brandon
    5:48 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

I think i just threw up in my mouth watching that video

12. Loserville
    5:53 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

You Stay Classy Louisville!

13. Corey Nichols
    5:54 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Thanks for blurring that first photo, Drew! I don’t want the world to know that I’m in it.

14. Walter Sobchak
    6:01 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

This satisfies my Louisville Hate Day needs pretty well. But is #FBBN really a thing?? Because that’s hilarious.

15. 2BlueStew
    6:59 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Cards fans are ridiculous!! Tacky with a capital T!!!!

16. The video
    7:11 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

At 2:14 of the ‘Young and Reckless” tailgate video, what is a “CARD” tailgate without a guy in a Louisville shirt and an Alabama hat. L1C….ROLLTIDE? SEC! SEC! SEC!

17. Jimmie from chattanooga
    7:13 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Hey (13! We love joe and big blue fan In the mornin! As corny as it is the dude is awesome… Cards have no genuine and classy fanbase… Y’all are just ignorant and always taking jabs… Go BIG BLUE!!!! We shall tear up those dirty birds tomorrow. I hate Louisville!!

18. bob
    7:15 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

LOL….like you did those Hilltoppers?

19. Jimmie from chattanooga
    7:16 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

20. Jimmie from chattanooga
    7:17 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Good one bob lol you got us … Wow that was great

21. Jimmie from chattanooga
    7:18 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

And that was sarcasm also bob… You Louisville fans have a difficult time keeping up so ill help

22. Matt
    7:18 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Well it’s easy to spot a UK fan….. their always sad and depressed because they suck at every sport!

23. Jimmie from chattanooga
    7:22 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt it’s easy to spot a Louisville fan cuz it means so much for them to troll a rival schools blog site and make fun… Haha wow you Loserville fans are so entertaining! Bet there is a few more good lines still to come lets see

24. j.hardesty
    7:23 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Wait you corn pone illiterate racists hating kitten fans, you’ll see a real man tomorrow, and top runner for the Heisman, Teddy B., will and I say will walk all over ya kitten defense, and all the big blue crowd in their drunken stupors, making always their remarks, just like the movie in, “Glory Road,” nothing’s change, except they(kitten fans) have gotten dumber and dumber! …I won’t even start on the basketball, oh yes I will, you have won the last 4 championships with four different coaches, and 6 or 7 in the last thirty years, that Cow pile of Crap you call a couch, isn’t much, “One and Dumb,” isn’t much of a winning formula, you’ll see soon again this year! One and Done!! UL has had 2 coaches in the last 40 or so years, 3 championships, one shy of tying the kittens in the last 40 years or so, so money won’t buy you everything, but homegrown idiots who parade like they’re champions of the state, you were “Third best in the state last year,” and looks like fourth this year, since you backed out of playing EKU, who for years you were committed on playing, Bunch of bad losing sore crybabies!! Good Luck!!

25. Jimmie from chattanooga
    7:25 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

The cow pile of crap we call a couch lol? And we are illiterate?

26. Jimmie from chattanooga
    7:26 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Go cats!!!!!

27. JoeMoney333
    7:26 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

23. I’m not sure what is more impressive. Your lack of creativity or your immense ignorance. If you are going to troll you are going to have to do a better job of it!

28. Eddie Lashley
    7:28 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Hey look its those tard/ksr fans you spoke of in the article. Two more clicks or in tard tu mo kliks

29. Jimmie from chattanooga
    7:28 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Joemoney333 how can we teach these Loserville fans some class and maybe to stay on their own blogs? Lol

30. Eddie Lashley
    7:29 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Make that three lmao

31. Jimmie from chattanooga
    7:29 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

How many more minutes before we get another tard comment?

32. Wi Tu Hi
    7:31 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

UL fans also have a lot of neck tattoos.

33. Matt
    7:32 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Why are Kensucky fans so mad? Oh yea, I forget they are going to get destroyed tomorrow.

Louisville-56
    Kensucky-3

34. Teddy Bridgetwatter
    7:34 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Number 25, your grammar is piss poor and the good majority of your criticisms lack any substantial basis. I will however agree with you that most UK fans do in fact, hate racists, as most decent humans do. So congratulations, you got one thing correct in that God awful tirade of a post.

35. Jimmie from chattanooga
    7:36 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

And did everyone read .25’s comment “couch” cal lol and his system doesn’t work? 2 final fours 1 championship 3 elite eights and I mistake year in the nit… And this year final four again!

36. Jimmie from chattanooga
    7:38 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Hey y’all there’s Matt again with another intelligent burn on the cats… Wow he’s an inspiration and I don’t think anyone of us are mad? We realize we are heavy underdogs tomorrow with nothing to lose but you all have plenty

37. Eddie Lashley
    7:38 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Dats for kliks

38. Matt
    7:41 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

@#36

By your comment it looks like Cal had been at UK 7 years.

3 elite 8’s, try one elite 8,
    and 1 final four not 2,
    I know what your talking about but that just is stupid logic.

Just another UK’s fan logic, Make’s me laugh every time,

Where did you go to college at? Let me guess you didn’t? HAHA

39. AnthonyBBN
    7:42 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

25. I.. I… I seriously have no idea what you just said, I don’t know what language that was but it was not English. Seriously, you made me sad for the future of humanity.

40. Matt
    7:44 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

@#38,

That’s what losing teams say, we have nothing to lose but you do.

Louisville could play their back-ups and win this game, and that is likely to happen in the second half.

41. Jimmie from chattanooga
    7:45 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt that really hurt… I don’t know what to do now? But even put that way it still sounds good! Lol just go away to your own sites and quit trolling lol… You tards are PATHETIC!!

42. Jimmie from chattanooga
    7:46 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

And I bet you were proud of that comment… I’m proud for you

43. AnthonyBBN
    7:47 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

I’m sorry Matt but I just don’t think you understand.

Elite 8 in 2010, 2011, and 2012
    Final Four 2011 and 2012
    Championship 2012
    and yes because I am honest (something I am not sure young Louisville fans even understand) a first round NIT loss 2013. That is a very great deal of success and I am completely confident on more success in the future.

44. Poopy buttjuice
    7:47 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Unfortunately I have to deal with these jerks on a daily basis. Makes me love UK even more!!! #BBN

45. riggsy1408
    7:49 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

@Matt Actually, when a team advances to the final 4 they did so by winning in the elite 8. Probably over your head. That’s okay though.

Cal has 3 elite 8s, 2 final 4s, and a title in four seasons. And he’s 4-1 vs UL.

46. AnthonyBBN
    7:49 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Also, if you think Louisville has nothing to lose tomorrow it shows you also don’t understand college football. Now you might think you are trolling me but I would have to actually be mad for that to work. UK has nothing to lose tomorrow and that is why UL needs to be worried, because they have everything to lose.

47. Matt
    7:49 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

@#42

Calm down little jimmy, Just having a little fun, The only reason I come on these boards is because as a Louisville fan I do enjoy Matt Jones, Even though he says he hates Louisville, maybe he does but he does live in Louisville so that should show you that he doesn’t like the Lexington area to much.

48. Jimmie from chattanooga
    7:49 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Thanks anthonybbn! These fans are hilarious and they make me almost feel bad for them

49. Jimmie from chattanooga
    7:50 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

I love the city of Louisville and for the most part the people there are great so I’ll give you that

50. riggsy1408
    7:51 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Shouldn’t UL fans be on louisvillesportsradio talking trash? Oh wait……………….

51. Matt
    7:54 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

I live in Louisville and yes it’s a great city.
    But all the jokes aside, good luck tomorrow and I hope that they do sell out the game tomorrow because it will be on ESPN.

52. RahRah
    7:57 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Gold, Franklin, gold, especially the click here link.

53. AnthonyBBN
    7:59 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Curse you Matt for turning all reasonable and well likable. Ha! Now you are a Louisville fan I could enjoy being around. Well just as long as you don’t have a neck tattoo and line beard.

54. Jimmie from chattanooga
    8:03 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Thanks Matt! I feel it will be a long blue day but I love this state and this rivalry and it will be fun to watch

55. Matt
    8:04 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

HAHA, no neck tattoos for me, Man stereotypes and a hell of a thing, Ever fan base has those fans that you love to hate, but that’s why the UL and UK rivalry is the best in the country! Just have to take jokes and enjoy the ride.

56. Kelly
    8:09 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

I apologize for my joke that I didn’t get to finish today. I hope it didn’t offend to many people. Just wanted to get a dig in at UL fans

57. Jimmie from chattanooga
    8:12 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Matt well said.. I feel this is the most underrated and most passionate rivalry in the nation! And Kelly what was the punch line!?

58. SevenT
    8:12 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

True Story about UL Fan:

I just got back from dinner with the family. Along the way I stopped at the Shell for gas and I saw him.
    He walked into the gas station and picked up: One carton of generic cigs, One big giant gulp Coke, One pack of toilet paper and One 6-pack of Bud. He was very fat with a huge belly overhanging his bright red “Cards Rule” T-shirt. He walked out the door and tossed his cig but on the ground and drove off in a beat up Mini-Van with a huge fat butt crack.

You really got to take a hard look at that Cardinal Fan Base and say WTF?

59. Matt
    8:16 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

DAMN, you were really staring hard at him…HAHA

60. Kelly
    8:21 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

The girl: I’ve only had anal sex. I didn’t think you could get pregnant that way? The Dr. Replies: Of course you can my dear. Where do you think UL fans come from.

61. AnthonyBBN
    8:24 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Thank goodness about not having neck tattoos Matt, I know all fan-bases have them, and I hate them in all fan bases. Including UK.

62. Matt
    8:25 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

My mom had a sea section…… HAHA

63. Jimmie from chattanooga
    8:25 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Haha Kelly that was worth the wait lol!!!

64. Trey Diablo
    9:30 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

These ville fans are unbelievable. Can’t stop their obsession with the big blue. Worst Napoleon complex of any college fan base. I’ve got to work in the same city as these douches. I honestly don’t know any ul fans that aren’t insecure about being little brother and irrelevant nationally. They can win every game this year and won’t get a shot at the national title. UK is a nationally known brand every year.
    UL had its best year ever last year and they still have to visit UK websites to try to convince BBN they are better than us. Pathetic.
    Go Big Blue!

65. bob
    10:33 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

LOL…UK nationally known brand every year…to damn funny…a NIT basketball team and a football team that is irrelevant every year…but yet your a known brand every year…

66. red headed step child
    10:52 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Excuse me BOB, why are you here? On behalf of #BBN, thanks for helping KSR with the “hits” it only adds to MATT’s wallet.

67. bob
    10:55 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Trying to keep you morons in check

68. BeerMe
    11:21 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

I taught one of the girls on the table in that video in high school. God I must suck at my job because she obviously missed the don’t grind when the sun shine lesson.

69. j.Hardesty
    11:28 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Ul will win this game with the cheerleaders, Jimmie from Chattanooga Hillybilly, what do you care living in Tenn., we own these punks!! Sit back and drink some Jack!! That was an error, if you want to compare I.Q’s any day my country hick any day!!

70. j.Hardesty
    11:32 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

…and 35, I won several poetry contests, any time you want to battle the rudiments of syntax, bring it, this is a post, not a literary contest!!

71. j.Hardesty
    11:43 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

Go Cards beat those Hillbilly racists!!

72. j.Hardesty
    11:52 pm September 13, 2013 Permalink

GO CATS!

Ahhhh….Love

73. HeHateMe
    4:12 am September 14, 2013 Permalink

Christ, that video was awful. A perfect example of what this country really needs right now, a new plague.

74. Color me...
    8:15 am September 14, 2013 Permalink

Whenever I am up early on the weekend and my wife hears me laugh out loud, she yells “Are you reading that Drew Franklin kid on that Internet again?”. You have a rare talent. Keep it up my man — bright days ahead!

75. j.hardesty
    8:32 am September 14, 2013 Permalink

Who would believe there’s an idiot parading as me, be a man, and post your real name, but, that’s typical with a phony, scared, UK fan in hiding as some one else!! UL will win this game with ease, but would gamble that the refs will give us the penalties like they always do up there, in Lexington

76. UKCatsRedsColts
    10:16 am September 14, 2013 Permalink

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! First Quentin Snider decommits and commits to Illinois,and now Jaquan Lyle decommits,and to top it all off Cliff Alexander is taking his last official visit to Illinois and will not visit UofSmell.Big Poppa Jurich and Lil Ricky’s deal with the devil is crumbling as we speak.What a treat to hear that the Quardinals are sputtering and losing their tailpipesin this recruiting game..In Cal we trust.

77. bob
    10:34 am September 14, 2013 Permalink

LOL..its football season, but I understand you don’t have much to discuss….1 sport school…

78. Andrew Suthers
    10:37 am September 14, 2013 Permalink

What an awesome a wild party in that video! Those 7 or 8 fans were really getting after it. I’m sure more were coming but getting up before 9 is tough after a third shift night at White Castle

79. j.hardesty
    4:45 pm September 14, 2013 Permalink

Hey, you deleted my comment you piece of hating sore-loser, cat base, of a network, UK got what they had coming, not much there, nor will there ever be with any program the alumni brings to the table, sad, sad day, but you ran those smackers, and you reap what you sow, UL owned the second half, just like I knew they would, and I won my bet, taking the Kittens plus 15!! Stoops will never be IN contention with Giants like Bama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, South Car., and Tenn., and Texas A&M, forget about it!! CHUMPS, THE LOT OF ALUMNI!!