Hey, at least it’s not Monday (Tuesday Show Thread)

Good morning and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Tuesday’s not exactly the most exciting day of the week, but at least we’re one day closer to Friday, right?

Tune in to hear the guys talk about all the big topics in UK sports, including the latest in football recruiting, Slice Rohrssen’s first trip in front of the media, and several random stories because that’s just what we do.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WKYH (600 am) Paintsville
WLSI (900 am) Pikeville
WPRT (960 am) Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240 am) Somerset
WTCW (920 am) Whitesburg
WBTH (1400 am) Williamson, WV

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WBGN (1340 am) Bowling Green 11am-1pm
WVHI (1330 am) Evansville, IN 5pm-7pm
WMTL (870 am) Leitchfield 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570 am) Morgantown 3-5 pm
WRIL (106.3 fm) Middlesboro Thur 8-10 pm
WPAD (99.5 fm/1560 am) Paducah 11-1 pm
WHAY (98.3 fm) Whitley City 2-4 pm

150 Comments for Hey, at least it’s not Monday (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:55 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Has anybody been keeping up with the Casey Kasem story? How do you lose an American Icon like that? I hope the Mystery Inc. gang get back together and find him.

• Supposed to be Working
      9:57 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Zoinks!

• jman3715
      10:00 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I made a list of the top 40 places I think he might be

2. AO
    10:04 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

hey matt. im a podcast listener, and the first man on man kiss i remember on live tv was charles barkley and that ref when they had that race on all star weekend a few years back. keep up the good work

3. UKriverboater
    10:05 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Anyone having problems with the iheart stream?

• KSRfan
      10:10 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

the TalkRadio 1080 stream is working fine for me

4. RobicsHair
    10:09 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I thought Ryan has been banned from saying Bom-chicka-bom-bom

5. Whatever
    10:10 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Matt, I heard yesterday you said the northside of Lexington is better than Bardstown Road! You’re crazy, Louisville is like Paris mixed with New York. We have a Walgreens and a Qdoba! Bardstown Road for life!

• Delk for 3
      10:11 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

That is absolutely NOT what he said.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:14 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Yeah, pretty much the exact opposite of what he said.

• Lexington
      10:22 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Keep my dick out cha mouth.

• Whatever
      10:29 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Read sarcasm, mouthbreathers.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:22 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

The sarcasm is evident at the end of the post but he prefaced it with a false (non – facetious) statement.
      Thus rendering the entire post a failed attempt at humor.

6. Supposed to be Working
    10:11 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Matt’s solid blue shoes, sports coat with jeans, and flop sweat is every woman’s dream

7. Fashion
    10:11 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Why does Matt talk about fashion when every time you see him, he has on a sweatshirt or Navy blazer?

8. Kidnut
    10:12 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I definitely lowered expectations for the team around the same time Drew Franklin did. I raised expectations after their performance at SEC tourney.

9. MinnesotaCatsFan
    10:12 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

After the Arkansas game and really got back into it during the SEC championship game

10. Jax Teller
    10:12 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I jumped ship after we lost to the loss to South Carolina. That was the breaking point for me, because they hadn’t improved at all from the beginning of the season up until that point. I hoped it would, but didn’t think it would ever click with them.

11. KSRfan
    10:13 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I got into a Twitter argument with a KSR writer after the South Carolina game (he thought it was the worst loss in the Cal era – I didn’t agree). But I lost faith after the game at Florida.

But after the first SEC tournament game I was right back on the boat. So I was only off of it for a couple of days

12. Common Sense
    10:13 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I just wanted to share something I thought was nuts when it comes to data usage on cell phones….

Connecting to WiFi DOES NOT turn your mobile data off! Your device will still use mobile data…You need to manually go in and turn mobile data off to make your phone stop using data while connected to a WiFi network. It simply chooses which network to use by using whichever network is faster, which majority of the time is the data network…..these cell phone companies are shady!

• CATandMONKEY
      10:16 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

In what world is wifi slower than most companies’ data network?

• Common Sense
      10:22 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

More frequent than what you think… Majority of people take the cheapest ISP due to price and dont look at speed. Even if it does use Wifi, certain apps will continue to pull from your data network.

13. 859 bracket pools
    10:13 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

We all had kentucky for the banner. He’s not the only one in town

14. Sebastian
    10:13 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I started to question them after Baylor

15. Kidnut
    10:13 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

You should have asked McDonald’s guy to see his title tattoo (giving him the come hither look).

16. James K
    10:14 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I never GAVE UP on the team. I think my definition of ‘what will I be disappointed with’ kept coming down further and further. I never ruled out their ability to do anything, I just went from ‘championship or bust’ to something else by the end of the year.

17. 2nd Mouse Gets the Cheese
    10:14 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Gave up after they got crushed by Florida in Gainsville. Jumped back on when they almost beat Florida in the SEC Tournament.

18. Edd
    10:14 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I gave up several times. But the moment I was back on for good was when Chester called before the SEC tournament.

19. Delk for 3
    10:15 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I think the Florida game in which we got whipped in Gainesville was when I finally thought this team had no chance. On that day, I figured they were going to lose in the rd. of 32.

20. gtownvz
    10:16 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Inaugurated my lucky t-shirt during the LSU SECT game and saw during that game that they had in fact been “tweaked”.

I never actually “gave up” during the season, but I lost a ton of hope through some of the losses. The only thing that kept me from losing hope was the 2011 team. I saw a ton of similarities. I knew they had the talent, and seeing them run through the SECT was enough to put them winning my bracket.

21. Shawon
    10:16 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I gave up on the team after the loss to Arkansas at home although I had doubts leading up to that game…especially losing at home to Florida.

After they beat Wichita State I thought UK had a real chance to make the Final Four.

22. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:16 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

My kind of saucy drive-thru lady throws some extra sweet and sour packets in the bag without me asking.

23. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:18 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I jumped ship after Big Blue Madness. Their defense was terrible that night.

24. Common Sense
    10:18 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Matt, yesterday you were talking about how different Tubby’s time would have been had he gotten Hansborough and so on…. What about if the age limit rule was in play? Lebron has said he was leaning UK, Dirk has said it would have been UK…. Think how that changes Tubby’s tenure…and I am NOT a Tubby fan…

25. James K
    10:20 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

People that live in the Highlands all know that the best food in the area is all on the PERIMETER of the Highlands. Frankfort Avenue and Nulu both have better food than Bardstown Road. What I’m amazed by are the amount of crap souvenir and vintage garbage shops.

26. Census cat
    10:21 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Does anyone else thank that the police chief looks like Perd Hapley from Parks and Rec?

27. bleedblueky
    10:21 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Morning Matt – I never gave up this team, just got frustrated by their inconsistance through the regular seaon. During our monthly office potluck on that UK spring break Monday, coworkers consulted my opinions (since I am the biggest BBN fan in our building), I told everyone I don’t know how this post season would end up since our young cats had been playing consistantly inconsistant! I never give up my team, just felt disappointed until this crazy & awesome post season I’d never experienced 🙂

28. Yum Center`
    10:22 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Serious question so hopefully you read it. Outside of wishful thinking is there any real reason to think that the IRS and SEC are sniffing around the Yum Center deal? I read the original report and if definitely seemed like a jump that that must be whats going on, it is a story that can draw clicks in on a lesser website but have you actually heard any legit scuttlebutt yourself that federal authorities are looking around the deal?

29. UK_JB
    10:23 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

If Mayer is Mayor of Lexington every Friday will be Hawaiian shirt day.

30. Common Sense
    10:25 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Matt, Here is my prediction –

Year 1 @ USF — Vast difference, Might be bubble team in a WEAK conference

Year 2 @ USF — Tournament Team- double digit seed that upsets good team

Year 3 @ Memphis — Wins 2 tournament games,

Year 4 @ Memphis — Elite Eight Run

Year 5 @ Memphis — Top 10 team all year

Stays at Memphis til Cal is done….UK hires Orlando Antigua as our 8th head coach….

31. Delaney Hanley
    10:26 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

The greatest riding of players of all time was Tom Crean at Marquette with Dewayne Wade.

32. Edd
    10:26 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Keith kinda sounds like JRock.

33. Mash Davis
    10:27 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I think Keith = J Rock?

• Delk for 3
      10:31 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

At first he sounded like him, but then I heard a distinct difference in accent. Keith is not J-Rock.

34. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:30 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Ryan gave up on the team after Julius’ first cramp.

35. houndstooth
    10:31 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

When is Ryan’s 24 hr show? Did I miss it?

36. Drew York
    10:32 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I don’t want to live in a country where Clay Aiken is an elected official…

37. rahrah
    10:33 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I never once lost the faith. Sure I was disappointed a few times but always said, “If they ever get it together, look out!” Easy to say now, but all my past posts prove it. I think it all changed when Coach Cal calmed down a bit and Andrew started understanding how to run his team. Can’t wait for next season! I also think the bust that was 2013 is the reason that so many fans jumped ship. We learned that we COULD fail….

38. TampaUKfan
    10:34 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

The Paralegal asked the defense attorney to move her car and the cop was waiting on the street. He was not leaving or driving anywhere, he lives downtown so he can walk home.

39. James K
    10:36 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Where the heck is this mayoral candidate’s PR person and image consultant? I mean good grief, my buddy works for WMYT and that is mandatory even for them. He just needs somebody in his corner helping him.

40. Edd
    10:37 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Hell, I have 35 Twitter followers and I would never tuck in my short sleeve shirt. Is it too late to file?

41. grumpycat
    10:37 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Where’s the comedy channel going?

42. LMU
    10:38 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Nerlens at Ole Miss was unbelievable

43. KSRfan
    10:39 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I will never forget John Wall blocking the last second shot at Vanderbilt that won us the game! Best defensive way to end a game in my memory!

44. Laker Cat 18
    10:39 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

In other news…where in the heck is that missing plane? Still not found. CRAZY. It’s on the ground in a hidden hangar.

45. TAXman
    10:40 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

i agree with LMU, it wasn’t one play but Nerlens 12 blocks at Ole Miss was of another world.

46. Edd
    10:40 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Tubby was THIS CLOSE to greatness. Much of it not really his fault.

47. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:40 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Now I feel really sorry for the Blowfish, first Hootie goes solo and now they don’t even get included in Ryan Lemond’s dreams.

48. BackdoorSlider
    10:40 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

How about that play when Feldhaus and Pelphrey knocked the ball away from Laettner to propel the Cats to the Final Four.

49. gossie21
    10:41 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

This year we had several important defensive plays. Each of Harrison’s shots left time on the clock.
    1. We had to defend Fred Vanvleet and his band with a beat’s last shot. WCS altered the shot.
    2. Randle challenged Russ Smith’s 3 to tie the game.
    3. Michigan really didn’t have much time, but Marcus Lee deflected the inbound pass to change Nick Stauskas’ timing.
    4. Andrew Harrison defended the Wisconsin player… maybe even fouled him, before he missed their last shot.

• Boogie Fan
      10:43 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

The Wisky player also walked on that 3 pointer that he missed but got fouled on.

• gossie21
      10:54 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

He sure did.

50. Patrick
    10:42 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

It’s not really an individual defensive play but the defense played in the 2nd half against Vanderbilt in 2003 was huge because that changed the whole outlook of that team and carried them to an undefeated SEC season and tournament championship and #1 seed in the NCAA.

51. gtownvz
    10:43 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

“He makes Julius Randle look like a mid-mid-midg…..tiny person.”

52. Edd
    10:43 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

7′ 5″ gives one a huge advantage in the upper decker stat line.

53. 2nd Mouse Gets the Cheese
    10:44 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Yuo Ming?

54. Drew York
    10:44 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

About Twenty minutes after I eat Mexican I have to run to the restroom for huge Taco Fall.

55. Delk for 3
    10:46 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

What about LeBron last night? That guy is like a grown man playing with teenagers. It really is remarkable how dominant he is in the NBA.

56. MTcatfan
    10:46 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Todd is wrong, I for one, never jumped off the bandwagon. I always preach the season isn’t over until it is actually over. I always am optimistic UK is going to make a run in the tournament. To me the most important part of the season is the last 6 games of the NCAA tournament, so until we lose in the tournament I never lose my optimism.

• realme
      10:52 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Totally agree, especially during the Cal years. How many times has he said the whole reason for the regular season is to prepare and be playing at your best in March.

57. Patrick
    10:49 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Casey Kasem missing??… or is it the Ultimate Scavenger Hunt?

58. Common Sense
    10:51 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Elite Eight? What about UAB? USC?….You will never be able to convince me that 1998 title is Tubby’s…he let that team play Pitino Ball all year and it got him a title. Look at the style he plays the VERY NEXT YEAR and almost lost 10 games. 5/10 games he had 10 losses. 4 overall #1 seeds and you cant make 1 final four? How long we gonna just say “Bogans got hurt” or “unfortunate to play MSU”….give me a break…you gotta win games when they count and Tubby couldnt do that with his own players playing his own style…hence why he won with Pitino’s players playing Pitino’s style…. Tubby is a great guy, but as a basketball coach on a scale of 1-10 i give him a 5 or 6 at best.

59. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:51 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Casey Kasem is not missing. I guarantee he is at one of the Top 40 Nursing Homes in the Country.

60. LexGrandma
    10:52 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Hi Matt. I am waiting in pre Op at UK Hospital for my surgeon who got tied up on his first surgery. Thanks for making the time go by faster! I hope he doesn’t come in before noon.

• Delk for 3
      10:53 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Good luck!!! Everything is going to go great!

61. Brisco71
    10:54 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Best Def play 1985 Kenny Walker Block vs UNLV in Midwest NCAA game. Awesome play that reminded me of Anthony Davis.

62. TAXman
    10:54 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

That could possibly be the most disgusting thing i’ve ever heard of.

63. TAXman
    10:55 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Matt would get stuck with a bunch of kids peeing in it.

• Blue Logic
      12:45 pm May 13, 2014 Permalink

From the stories about Matt in his younger days the hot tub would look like a bowl of egg drop soup when he was finished.

64. realme
    10:55 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Hot tub full of popcorn and other people’s wrinkled feet. No thanks.

65. James K
    10:55 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I strategically go to the movies when a) no one will be there and b) I can go alone and prop my feet up.

66. Drew York
    10:55 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I live close to that theater with the hot tubs, and you couldn’t pay me to get into that urine infested cesspool.

67. Sebastian
    10:55 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I couldn’t imagine what my sin would look like after 2 + hours in a hot tub

68. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:56 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

The Regal Pinnacle in Knoxville is really nice. Especially in the RPX rooms…leather seats with padded arm rests that recline. Regal is based in Knoxville and this is there premier theater in the country. It really is awesome.

69. Delk for 3
    10:56 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Speaking of movie theaters and hot tubs, I did the bow-chika-wow-wow with my college girlfriend in both.

70. Nathan
    10:56 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Matt, there’s a reason incubators are hot!

71. Hot tub lover
    10:57 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

The hot water and chlorine of hot tub desolve all the germs. And the hot water killers the sperm count so tell Ryan not to worry.

72. Jay in Lyndon
    10:57 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Ryan is TRYING to be funny today…. nothing good ever comes from that.

73. Delk for 3
    10:57 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I really don’t see what is wrong with a public pool though. They have a ton of chlorine in them, which makes them quite clean.

74. Boogie Fan
    10:57 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Kelly always starts with ‘What’s goin’ on” today he didn’t. One of the more under rated callers to the show IMO.

75. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:58 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Watch out for the floating raisinets at Hot Tub Cinemas, those aren’t raisinets.

76. Delaney Hanley
    10:59 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Matt I know how you hate when somebody at the movie theatre sits next to you maybe at the Baxter cinema you could get your own hot tub then no one sitting next to you. Ky Joe would probably try to climb in there.

77. Delk for 3
    11:02 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

It’s funny how Matt acts when it comes to being around people. If he’s that way now, think about how he’ll be when he’s old.

78. AlanInDC
    11:03 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Hot tubs are disgusting. It’s like human stew.

• CatsFanInKnoxville
      11:05 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Your wife didn’t mind it last night.

• CatsFanInKnoxville
      11:14 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

So glad to see that the toll is back.

• AlanInDC
      11:21 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

If I was married, that would be a sick burn bro.

79. Cutthroat Trout
    11:06 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Matt – regarding the Lexington Mayors debate…..if you had actually listened to the debate you would have heard that Danny Mayer actually performed the best on the debate, was the most coherant and concise and understandable. All Mayor Gray could do was stammer and stutter and say JOBS JOBS JOBS and Anthany Beatty looked like a statue and sounded just like a Police Chief which I don’t think we want as Mayor or Lexington. We need a forward thinking person – Danny Mayer is that person.

80. cwashcatfan
    11:09 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

can we count Perry’s blocked free throw as a defensive stop? Still awesome.

81. 2nd Mouse Gets the Cheese
    11:11 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Not a defensive play but a good heads up play: Darius Miller drawing the fourth foul on John Henson in the Elite Eight in 2011.

82. Bdiddy
    11:12 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

When will UK announce where and when they will play this summer?

83. Delk for 3
    11:14 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

The Spurs will win the West and in all reality they do not have a current “star” on their roster. They have many really good players, but none of them are playing like stars. They simply play smart and play together. In my opinion, the Blazers have better players but haven’t learned to play as smart as the Spurs. Lillard and Aldridge are stars and that is a fact.

84. ukbradstith
    11:15 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Sorry, but Lilard and Aldridge are stars. Probably second or third best point guard, top 3 big man, you are a star.

85. LMU
    11:17 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

i can’t stand clay travis, but i agree. he was spot on in that article.

86. shut up Matt
    11:18 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

He is doing it to himself now. He is the one going to the interviews for the whole world to see. Its not like people are continuing to dig into his life and find more things. He is bringing all this more onto himself by going to these interviews and continuing to say worse and worse things. Only one bringing it onto him is himself.

87. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:20 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Whoever ends up winning the UK player Battle Royale wouldn’t stand a chance against Solange Knowles.

88. Delk for 3
    11:20 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

This show should be a no-Sterling talk zone. I hate hearing about the jackass. Who really cares about him?

89. please zip it.
    11:21 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Please shut up matt you are embarrassing our fan base more. The assault things are accusations at this point when they are found guilty they suspend players. If they charges are dropped they don’t have any evidence besides what was said by others. When you say something on tape or tweet it out. That is direct evidence for everyone to see, they are not accusations, they are concrete.

90. njCat
    11:21 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Couldn’t agree more Matt. Social Media is the modern day lynch mob. Group think at its worst – and it doesn’t kill people, but it destroys them.

91. Al/in/Indy
    11:23 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Everyone has made statements one way or another that they wish they could take back, but this is beating a dead horse. The media never forgets or forgives…oh wait…..unless it’s the Courier Journal in that case if it has to do with a local college, nothing’s said at all!

92. Kidnut
    11:24 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

In all fairness I did feel sorry for Sterling in that interview. He seemed pathetic. But then I started thinking about everything this guy has done his entire life and the lives he adversely affected. He made his bed, and he is getting off easy.

93. Social_Media_is_Evil
    11:25 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Abuse of the internet is destroying honest discourse. Rational conversation and debate has been replaced by “I can shout louder than you, so my opinion matters more, click the Like button” . Then the hordes are unleashed.

Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat, etc.

94. HoosierMadman
    11:26 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Matt, there’s not many things I agree with what you have to say, but thanks for your perspective on Donald Sterling. It makes sense. Let’s move on and enjoy the playoffs. Blue Collar, Gold Swagger!

95. blueblooded
    11:27 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

There was a game Chuck Hayes senior year at Mississippi or Mississippi State where Chuck took over the game. UK was losing and there was a stretch where his defensive completely shut down the other team and he got virtually every rebound offensive or defensive until we got the lead back and won the game. I have never seen an individual player take over a game like that in my entire life. It also made me realize that other SEC teams feel like in basketball the way we feel when we think we’re going to win in football and somehow the other football team finds some crazy way to win.

96. White Bass are Running
    11:28 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Has anyone heard from Turley Curd lately. I miss that guy.

97. houndstooth
    11:28 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

When is the 24 hour Ryan Lemond marathon show?

98. bobedthom
    11:29 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Come on Billie Sheehan can play that BASS, but the SLUT SONG- To Be with You is just horrid.

Mr. BIG is like STILL the biggest seller in Japan now. CRAZY.

Yeah Racism is terrible, but I totally agree that all his past actions as a SLUM LORD and horrible boss and person should have been the Kick you out of the league moments.

Speech Codes and restrictions are a scary slippery slope.

HOWEVER, FREE SPEECH is not free of consequences.

99. Boogie Fan
    11:31 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

That ad with Vanetti’s kid is kind of funny.

100. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:32 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

I really hope that the SEC Network will offer some sort of online streaming option with subscription (like Netflix, Hulu+, Amazon VOD) . You don’t need any cable / satellite service in 2014. Everything you need / want is available through streaming services.

101. Monster Mash
    11:33 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

It’s kind of hard to feel THAT bad for Sterling… He could always just take his $1.9 billion net worth and buy a private island somewhere. It’s not like he’s being put out on the street.

102. njCat
    11:33 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

If AT&T is allowed to by Direct TV, it w/b run as a separate business.. so they would still have to negotiate a deal. If not, it w/b good for fans but SEC network would lose a lot of revenue.

103. Matthew
    11:36 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Jay Z and Beyoncé knows rule 1: you don’t fight crazy.

Maybe they’re ksr listeners.

104. Deacon
    11:36 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Mr. Big did a great cover of Wild World.

105. Rob in Mackville
    11:36 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Great call with Mr Big, whether or not they want to admit it, everyone in our generation loves that song. Veteran move.

106. stop it matt
    11:36 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

nothing more embarrassing than when Matt tries to talk about new hip words.

107. Brisco71
    11:36 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

What do you think about the ACC tournament moving up one date so that it ends on Sat. instead of Sun? Will the SEC ever do this?

108. stop it
    11:39 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

You are voicing your anger at the wrong crowd, stop blaming the fans for wanting him gone. Ask David Stern about why he is still in the league. Stop ranting and downgrading the fans for pouncing on it when it was David Stern that didn’t kick him out with the old stuff.

109. KSRfan
    11:39 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

The thing is that he may have said it in private but the tapes were released to the public – so fair or not, it’s now public and thus he has to live with the consequences.

110. Cats, Cats, Cats
    11:43 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Thank you, Matt You are EXACTLY right. While he may very well be a despicable person, and his comments were ridiculous, the extent of the backlash is unbelievable. We had all better hope our private conversations are never made public. None of us would have a job and I’m sure most of us would lose a lot of friends.

111. Gold digger
    11:44 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Matt, him and his [ex] wife were in divorce litigation. Seeing as how she is already a hundred years younger than him aka gold digger. Is it that hard to believe he was recorded by someone divorcing a moneybag for all they are worth?

112. Swamp Donkey
    11:51 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

RED EAR sunfish

113. inlinefor9
    11:52 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Nest lay? Suddenly I want chocolate

114. houndstooth
    11:52 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Watch the news- Black Bears were in Rockcastle County not Pine Mountain last night!

115. Honky Kong
    11:52 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

It’s Red Ear Sunfish

116. Scott
    11:52 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

It is red ear sunfish

117. MJ from Shelbyville
    11:52 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Redear Sunfish nest LATE in the month (not lay).

118. King Kelly Coleman
    11:53 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Matt you guys are dumber than a rock. How is it possible you are from KY and don’t understand a simple fishing report?

119. Boone
    11:53 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Red ear sunfish closely related to blue gills they nest this month

120. inlinefor9
    11:53 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Strippers are chasing ailing wives in KY?

121. RuppUK2K
    11:53 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Red Ear sunfish nest LATE in month.

122. White Bass are Running
    11:54 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Red ear Sunfish

123. houndstooth
    11:54 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

redear- means to deer again and again. Shoot over and over. lol

124. Edd
    11:54 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

this guy…..

125. Chris
    11:55 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Was it Barkley that said Larry Bird would not have been a great basketball player if he were black.

• Bad Boys
      12:23 pm May 13, 2014 Permalink

It was Isiah Thomas

126. houndstooth
    11:56 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Charles did spit on a fan-that pretty bad.

127. KSRfan
    11:56 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

128. Somervillain
    11:59 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Last week when addressing Sterling, Charles said something along the lines of “well Kenny, Shaq and I aren’t really black”, because they have made it financially in terms of their wants and needs all being met. Implying that to be “really black”, one must be poor or somehow in tough situations. It was weird at best, racially offensive at worst. I agree that he says a number of things that are suspect, but he has deservedly earned some leeway because we have enough of Barkley to generally know what he means, even if he says it poorly.

129. terrygg
    12:00 pm May 13, 2014 Permalink

Ryan-do you have to constantly say “yeah”; “yeah”; “uh-huh” while Matt is talking? Learn to layout, and speak when it is your turn. You mutter way too much. We want to hear Matt talk, not listen to you saying “yeah”.

• Blue Logic
      12:51 pm May 13, 2014 Permalink

We shouldn’t expect anything less from Matt’s mouth piece. I swear i don’t know how he looks at himself in the mirror after being Matt’s BIOTCH day in and day out. Not much of a backbone for sure!