Have you seen “Making a Murderer” yet? (Thursday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Have you seen the Netflix documentary “Making a Murderer” yet? If not, you may want to skip today’s show, because Matt and the guys are finally going to talk about it. I’m sure they’ll discuss UK sports too, but Tuesday’s game was pretty depressing, so tune in to hear Matt, Ryan, and Shannon’s take on the show everyone’s talking about.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

27 Comments for Have you seen “Making a Murderer” yet? (Thursday Show Thread)

1. ukjaybrat
    9:50 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

Nope. haven’t renewed my netflix since last year.
    But im not against hearing spoilers o na show i don’t plan to watch any time soon. so let’s hear it !

2. UK_JB
    9:55 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

I forgot what time it was lol.

Enjoyed the podcast on my way to work. I’ll keep saying it… This is why KSR needs to be 3 hours!!

3. rainman
    9:58 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

No, and I have NO INTENTIONS of doing so! Why keep trying to force the listeners to watch stupid shit YOU think is watchable? Bachelor, this, give me a break! Guess I’ll be skipping the show today as well!

• ukjaybrat
      10:08 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

Geez, calm down dude. no one said you had to watch bachelor. that’s a stupid show. at least making a murderer is an inteligent and entertaining show that is intended to make you think. you don’t want to watch, fine. you don’t want to listen, fine. but you don’t have to be a prick about it.

• RealCatsFan
      10:18 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

ukjaybrat, rainman is just mad because he didn’t get to partake in his daily ritual of watching “Wheel of Fortune”. 😀

4. secrick
    9:58 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

What is “MAKING A MURDERER” and why are we talking about it. i am for real i don’t know what it is. Some one please just give me a quick run down.

5. Jaxson
    10:14 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker announced yesterday that he will not issue pardons based on Making a Murderer petitions, so there you go.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:15 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

Didn’t get to listen to much more than the first 15 minutes of the show, but I think Cal was just tired from the road trip, and maybe a little beaten down by the loss and the way we played. Completely understandable.

I think the ripped skirt metaphor is his way of saying that this team has obvious flaws that have been exposed (Skal, inside play), and we are just going to have to make the best of it and try to do the best we can for the rest of the season.

7. Realme
    10:16 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

I plan to watch it when it comes out on DVD, but the fact that it’s going to make me listen to a lot of Wisconsin accents makes me not in a hurry.

8. CATandMONKEY
    10:23 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

…or take off the skirt.

9. RealCatsFan
    10:25 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

The people running the pro scout board rankings are smoking some of Chane’s finest weed.

10. BBNinClearwater
    10:42 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

Shannon has no integrity, he would also keep a wallet full of money if he found it. His heart is 3 sizes too small.

11. RealCatsFan
    10:56 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

Wow Matt, what rock have you been hiding under? The hoverboards catching on fire have been in the news since before Christmas. Oh, that’s right, you guys spend all your time watching Netflix. 😀

12. Cat House
    10:56 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

OMG Shannon is a moron.

• J-Dub421
      11:07 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

Listening to both Shannon and Matt, you can easily tell why they’re both still single.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:23 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

Nothing says “Chick Magnet” more than “I am 30 – something and still love WWE”

• RealCatsFan
      11:40 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

J-Dub, I dropped another Seinfeld reference for you on the Seth Greenberg thread:

😀

• J-Dub421
      11:52 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

I saw it and had a laugh. I was mostly just annoyed by the sexist implications in that dude’s comment.

13. LawCat
    11:05 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

Matt there is one major question no one (including you or Romines) is asking:

Why doesn’t the Governor direct his attorney general to investigate the conduct of the Sherrif’s department? Why doesn’t the US Attorney General have the FBI open an investigation into the Sherrif’s department?

Why are we asking for pardons when we should be asking for the law enforcement to be investigated?
    Based on what we know, there is enough evidence to prosecute law enforcement and perhaps even indict some of them. Why isn’t that happening? Why don’t people petition for that rather than pardons?

• CATandMONKEY
      11:25 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

Great questions. I suspect it relates to the fatally flawed concept that law enforcement has more integrity than the general populace.

14. RealCatsFan
    11:36 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

I heard that now that Axel Rose and the band are approaching the age of senior citizens, they are changing the name of the band to “Gums n’ Noses”. Rimshot… 😀

15. Realme
    11:43 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

Here’s what’s dumb to me about false confessions. I get that people can be badgered for so many hours that they just can’t take any more interrogation, but all you have to do is say the word “lawyer” and the interrogation will stop. They need actual evidence / cause to actually lock you up at that point. But that’s just me, I probably watch too much First 48.

• J-Dub421
      12:00 pm January 7, 2016 Permalink

I have no trouble believing he murdered someone. We’re talking about a man who had previously been to jail for assaulting his own cousin, and another jail term for animal cruelty when he poured gasoline on his cat and threw it alive into a fire. That’s some immoral serial killer behavior right there.

• RealCatsFan
      12:13 pm January 7, 2016 Permalink

Most serial killers started with torturing and killing animals, and escalated to humans from there. Sociopaths have no conscience or capacity for empathy – they do not think like most of us.

16. houndstooth
    11:53 am January 7, 2016 Permalink

How did the girl find the Rav4 so fast? On 40 acres of land- I don’t think so.