Harry Giles will announce his decision tomorrow

harry-giles

Harry Giles moved up his announcement once more and this time it is final. He will make his college decision known to the world tomorrow afternoon, live on the noon edition of SportsCenter, ESPN announced this afternoon.

Duke is widely considered the favorite for Giles, with John Calipari and Kentucky in a not-so-close second. However, Cal was in North Carolina earlier this week to see Giles one last time.

The news of Giles’ announcement came within an hour of the news he tore his ACL and will miss his entire senior season.

Article written by Drew Franklin

22 Comments for Harry Giles will announce his decision tomorrow

1. welp
    12:33 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

There’s your answer as to where he is going

2. Bobbum man
    12:43 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

I wonder how many hookers UL offered

• JohnV
      12:58 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

Pretty hookers…0
      Ugly hookers…4

3. asdf
    12:44 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

Giles needs to think about how his injury should impact his decision. As someone who is going to now have two reconstructed ligaments, he’s damaged goods in the eyes of the pros. They will still take a chance on him, but he’s never going to be a # 1 overall pick. In fact, wherever he would have been drafted, this probably knocks him down 8-12 spots, so he needs to maximize his performance to make sure he doesn’t slip out of the lottery. He needs Coach Cal’s experience to help accomplish that because Cal gets guys to the league better than anyone, and unique benefits of being at UK will help build a comfort level with pros (the combine, the pro-like environment at UK, etc).

4. Kyblue34
    12:56 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

So, I guess if he commits to Duke to tomorrow, then his family will get a “discount” from Duke hospital for his surgery? I know he was going to Duke anyway, but this seems pretty obvious what’s going on. At any rate, I wish him a speedy recovery.

5. Omar
    1:19 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

Who knows what’s going on? I wish him the best, regardless. I don’t think he’s coming here, but I’d like to be wrong.

6. Sasquatch
    1:21 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

I’m guessing any chance we had disappeared when he blew out his knee. Hate to see that happen. If I were him, and tore up emotionally about losing your senior season, I would most likely stay home with friends and family instead of traveling to UK and he was likely going to do that anyway.

7. Mr. Gigglepants
    1:21 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

If the pick is Duke, it’s not nearly the loss it was before his injury. Hope I’m wrong on both counts. He picks UK and heals up.

8. Bob The Builder
    1:59 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

Anyone know why we haven’t heard of Cal going after Josh Jackson? 6-7 SG, rated top three on basically every ranking. Seems like a prototypical guy Cal would go after.

• UKALLDAY1
      5:43 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

That dude has not taken one official visit, that tells me he’s having academic issues ala Thon Maker. Coach Cal won’t even waste his time with those guys. People don’t understand that Cal recruits a lot of GOOD students that can ball out on the court. He made the decision years ago to recruit character, not saying Josh Jackson is dumb or a bad guy, Cal has a certain mold of player he wants both on and off the court.

9. Scott
    2:02 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

If he is having his surgery at Duke Medical which some are reporting (I have no idea), I don’t think anyone can or should fault him. Duke Medical is one of the top med schools in the US and is pretty widely regarded as a national leader in orthopedic surgery.

I’m not saying this doesn’t mean he won’t go to duke, he still likely will, but lets at least try and look at things with a little objectivity. If I’m a world class athlete living in north Carolina and mess something up… I’m going to the folks at duke medical too.

10. Just Say'n
    2:06 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

If I was going to commit to UK I’d sure wait until after my surgery at Duke medical to announce!

11. Homer
    2:07 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

Hope Giles heals up but fact is he ain’t #1 anymore

12. Bluecat15
    2:10 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

Best of luck to the young man and I hope for a speedy recovery

13. Smitty
    2:18 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

You keep saying Coach Cal saw Giles in North Carolina earlier this week, which is incorrect. He was at their game in Galax, Virginia. It’s in southwest Virginia (30 miles from Oak Hill Academy), but in VA, not NC.

• Captain Obvious
      2:35 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

Thanks for clearing that up. I know I was super concerned. Thank you for your service.

• Tony Montana
      2:45 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

FWIW: Cal was actually there when he got injured.

• Bourbon Breath
      2:53 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

I heard that he was with Rick Pitino getting coaching advise from the master. Then Cal went to beg Duke and UNC not to play UK anymore as he can’t win against them…

• Pitino's Gonorreah
      3:13 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

Lol troll Bournon Breath again. It’s “advice” you big moron. Pretty sure he wouldn’t be taking advice from a guy he owns. L1C7 soon to be L1C8 and let’s not forget L1C4nicate

• Hilarity
      3:19 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

Pretty sure UNC has only beaten UK once since Cal’s been here. And Louisville? HAHAHAHAlololololol!

14. Tony Montana
    2:55 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

It’s also important to note that in 2013 when he tore his MCL & ACL, he had surgery for those injuries at Duke Medical Center. The surgery and recovery went well, so its only logical that he would return for this surgery. Does that impact his decision? Well, he’s a 96% Duke lean on his crystal ball. However….Cal was actually at the season opener this past week when Giles got injured just 2 minutes into the game. Maybe Cal’s pitch persuaded him and he’s like, well I’m just going to announce and get it out of the way. Or…maybe since he’s known he’s going to Duke since Tatum announced and his season is now over, he’s just decided to go ahead and announce. At any rate, he’s going to slip in the ratings. When a player isnt active, their stock falls. I would expect him to be around #10 – #15 by spring. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Sure, it would be great to land him…but I’m not concerned about our class. When its all said and done, we’re gonna be loaded.

15. WillB
    6:07 pm November 5, 2015 Permalink

Regardless of where he chooses, hate to see something like this happen to anyone. Hope he makes a full and swift recovery. That said, the reason why he moved up his announcement is because he will be going to Duke hospital for surgery/rehab. JJ Reddick, from Roanoke, VA got hurt in high school too but did he go to UVA hospital, relatively down the street? No, he went to Duke for the treatment… This all but confirms what we already knew. No worries. In Cal we trust.