Harry Giles sets an announcement date

College basketball fans awaiting Harry Giles’ decision will get his announcement on November 14, according to his mother, Melissa Giles. She told Phenom Hoop Report her son will announce at the Phenom National Showcase in Lewisville, North Carolina on that date.

Ranked as the nation’s top high school senior, Giles is considering Duke and Kentucky, as well as Kansas and Wake Forest. Duke is the heavy favorite for his services and the Blue Devils’ odds will only get better after Giles’ official visit to Durham this weekend.

It’ll take a Coach Cal miracle to steal this one away from Mike Krysiekskakskwi.

Article written by Drew Franklin

19 Comments for Harry Giles sets an announcement date

1. BAdams
    1:34 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

If he’s committing in the fall, he’s a lock to Duke. Damn, Oh well, doesnt mean Coach K knows what to do with him.

• The Professor
      5:01 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, that Coach K doesn’t know what to do with talent. He only has 5 championships. I love Coach Cal but he only has 1.

• Megan
      5:35 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Prof, your point is taken, but you’re not correcting for age or tenure. Apples to apples, Cal is earning championships at Kentucky at about the same rate. Certainly close enough for rock and roll. Did they teach you how to take stats out of context in Durham?

At least you guys went to real classes! So you got that going for you. Which is nice.

• The Professor
      10:00 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Actually Megan I am grad of UK and not a fan of Duke. However, you must have failed statistics as Coach K has won 5 titles in 40 years, averaging 1 every 8 years or 12.5%. Coach Cal has coached 23 years and has 1 title which is 4.3%. If you want to use their current tenure, since Cal has been at UK he has one title and Coach K two.

2. Tony Montana
    1:44 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Kentucky is currently at 0% on his Crystal Ball. While, Duke is leading with 77% and UNC is at 20%. Of course, those are just guesses from random media members, but UK at 0%, cannot be a good sign. I would LOVE to see Giles at UK, but I’m afraid him and Jayson Tatum as a package has been a done deal for a very long time.

3. wallnutz14
    2:04 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Anyone ever noticed that Shannon Dawson could be Billy G’s little brother?

• Umm...
      2:18 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Not even close. Put the bottle down.

4. yargamel
    2:19 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Mike Krzyzewski is ruining college basketball. Finally, we can all say it.

5. Mike Krzyzewski
    2:51 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

The good news for me is I don’t use strippers or hookers. I do all the dancing myself and the recruits can use my pole. I’ll never talk or snitch because I don’t have to. Win-win for me. Harry was 100% on my crystal balls I can confirm that.

6. Leuther
    3:24 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

My sources continue to say that Giles is a Dook lock…

• Ha!
      3:28 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Thanks for the bold prediction, dumbass.

• Tony Montana
      3:39 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

You spelled Luther wrong….sooo, I cant really trust your “sources”

• J-Dub421
      4:49 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Reading KSR everyday doesn’t count as a source.

• Correction
      5:04 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

*Trolling KSR everyday doesn’t count as a source.

FIFY

7. uk fan
    3:41 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

The most nervous thing once he decides and pulls out a blue shirt/hat or whatever is see each of the fan base would wondering which blue he’ll be rocking next year lol. hope UK developed better big in the NBA but good luck to him

8. Oh well...
    3:49 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Why wait until then? He should announce this weekend. We all know he’s going to Duke. Wish we could have gotten him though. What sucks is that we will be missing out on all of the top tier big men of this class, which would be the first time that this has happened since Cal’s arrival. Gabriel is good but he’s not a game changing player just yet.

9. android guy
    4:04 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

One of the things that may hurt us with big men in the 2016 class is the knowledge that Humpries will definitely be back at UK for a second season because of his age, especially after his combine performance. Something to keep an eye on…

• Megan
      5:39 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

If you’re a top-tier big, and you have any confidence in your abilities, you shouldn’t let Humphries scare you away.

• Dude
      6:39 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Megan, you took the words right out of my mouth…