Happy Oaks Day (Friday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Louisville studios. Matt, Ryan, Shannon, and Drew are gussied up in their Oaks best for today’s festivities, but before they head to the track, they’ve got a radio show to host. Tune in to hear them cover the topics of the day, including last night’s Ferdinand’s Ball.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

24 Comments for Happy Oaks Day (Friday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am May 6, 2016 Permalink

Happy Oaks!

I am still impressed with Chris from Morehead with the Counties. Pretty impressive. I think one of those girls could do that as well.

2. TomTraubertsBlues
    10:18 am May 6, 2016 Permalink

Matt, Duke wanted Gabriel and Murray too.

3. Hey, I love the big hats at the Derby, most are quite beautiful, but does that thing in the pic above qualify as a hat?

• RealCatsFan
      10:22 am May 6, 2016 Permalink

Looks a lot like one of the weeds I have growing in my back yard.

• Realme
      10:22 am May 6, 2016 Permalink

I don’t get why women want to attach weird things to the front of their heads. I think it’s called a fascinator, or some other pretentious name.

• Hah! So it’s a giant hair bow. 🙂

• J-Dub421
      10:54 am May 6, 2016 Permalink

It’s a fascinator, and they’re more like a headband with a veil and some flowers and stuff on it.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:21 am May 6, 2016 Permalink

Yes, Cal has aged considerably while at UK. Meanwhile Kzcherklkdfkkhskhksski has not aged a day in 30 years. I think he is a friggin’ vampire.

5. Did Nick Roush have a scoop? I missed that part of the conversation.

Tell Cal to ask Tubby how it can be to have your son playing for you at UK. This ain’t UMASS or Memphis. Like MJ, I’m not against it (in fact I’m all for it since it will keep Cal here for at least 4 years), but he should be careful.

6. Realme
    10:27 am May 6, 2016 Permalink

Cal saying Brad will play is not the same thing as saying he’ll get special treatment. I think he’s showing confidence that his son will deserve to play (some).

• True. It’s just that some fans will assume special treatment regardless, unless he’s the victory cigar and he only plays at mop up time like Sam Malone, Brian Long, etc. I think Matt & some others have said he has more game than those guys though.

• J-Dub421
      10:58 am May 6, 2016 Permalink

I don’t know personally, but I’ve heard Brad is a very good three point shooter.

7. @GoCayts
    10:28 am May 6, 2016 Permalink

We need to discuss the Berenstein Bears parallel universe on KSR today

8. runningunnin.454
    10:47 am May 6, 2016 Permalink

He had “the Pitino house fumigated….c’mon, I still say WE OWE HIM!
    Now you don’t like babies and dogs?
    Having a bad day, Matt?

• Realme
      10:49 am May 6, 2016 Permalink

Corpse Face got all the appreciation and adoration he deserved, when he deserved it. Now he is very disrespectful towards the Ky fan base, and the feeling is mutual, as far as I’m concerned. Also, is this your first day? Matt has always disliked children and dogs.

• I’ve always said Pitino made his own bed from the start. His problem is he has such a hard time showing the least bit of humility, and when he does it usually seems to be feigned humility. I’ve posted this many times on KSR and on the old LHL message boards back in the day:

When Pitino took the UL job, if he had simply said “I realize some UK fans won’t like this, and I can understand why, but I have to do what’s best for my family”, many UK fans (not all to be sure) would have been more okay with it even if they still didn’t like it. Even if he didn’t really believe it, he could have sucked it up and said it. Instead he made that “a lot of small minded people” comment and simply brought more grief upon himself.

9. inside info2
    11:14 am May 6, 2016 Permalink

Billy Clyde Gillispie Sighting at Belle’s downtown last night. You might want to lock up your bourbon and hide your daughters. He’s in for the Derby. I asked him if he was interviewing for the women’s coaching job and he laughed and said he didn’t think he was eligible.

• RealCatsFan
      12:00 pm May 6, 2016 Permalink

You should have asked him if he still keeps his drivers license in his golf bag.

10. MrZac2613
    12:09 pm May 6, 2016 Permalink

that is one hell of a hat