Happy birthday, Matt! (Monday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Lexington and Louisville studios. It’s Matt’s birthday, so tune in to hear the gang wish him well and discuss the weekend’s festivities. They’ll also preview their trip to Hattiesburg for Saturday’s season opener vs. Southern Miss and tackle the Midwest Region of the Restaurant Bracket, which you can see below:

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

54 Comments for Happy birthday, Matt! (Monday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    9:55 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

UK 34-14

2. J-Dub421
    10:07 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

Matt has some sunburn and sunglasses tan lines working there.

3. Pray for the folks in the Houston area guys. I just read this on weather.com:

“Tropical Storm Harvey is drifting back into the Gulf of Mexico and will meander near the upper Texas coast the next few days, bringing more torrential rainfall to the flooded Houston metro area, piling onto record-breaking, catastrophic flooding.”

A comment on another thread, from a Cat fan who used to live there, said this has covered a much wider area than the actual city, and he thinks at least 8 million homes are affected. Awful.

• runningunnin.454
      10:17 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

Absolutely terrible.

• RealCatsFan
      10:54 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

The images of the old folks sitting in waist deep water in the nursing home was heartbreaking. 🙁 Wonder if the Harrison’s and Julius Randall can help their communities. Would be some great PR for them, besides being the right thing to do.

• Realme
      11:28 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

Hard to know how to help. Who knows what the big organizations will do with donated money.

• RealCatsFan
      11:54 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

Realme, all I can do is make my donation in good faith. If the people who receive my charity use it for self-serving purposes, then at least I have done what the Lord taught us to do with good intentions. They will have to deal with what they have done themselves – not my job to judge them. That will fall to a greater power.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:23 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

I had no intention of watching Mayweather-McGregor; but, Sat afternoon, my wife informed me she wanted to watch. I told her it cost $100, she didn’t care…bought into the hype. I told her Mayweather would carry him for 6-7 rounds and finish him in three…it’s just a show; she didn’t care. Ha Ha. We bought it, and she retired to another room to watch HGTV, and told me to call her when the “big fight” came on. Ha Ha Ha.

• J-Dub421
      10:26 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

I watched it at a party with some friends. Mostly it was an excuse to hang out and grill and have a couple of beers and be social. The fight went about like I thought it would. McGregor held his own though.

• ukjaybrat
      10:33 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

i thought about it. but we did house work all day and were so pooped by the end of the night. i’m pretty sure i was in bed before the fight started

• Booby Petrino
      10:36 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

McGregor held his own in that Mayweather let him tire himself down so that Floyd could come in and finish him off once exhausted. They gave the fans what they wanted…more than a couple of rounds. But there was no way that fight was ending with anything other than a Mayweather victory. He played right into the game plan.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:42 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

After the third round ended and the fight wasn’t over, McGregor had to know he’d missed his chance, even though he was surely ahead on points. Then it became a marathon instead of a sprint, and it’s basically impossible for a quick-striking MMA guy to match the years of carefully-developed stamina of a championship-level boxer. The winner of the fight was determined by the choice of venue, and there was no real drama.

• J-Dub421
      10:42 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

Mayweather did nothing at all for the first 4 rounds.

• runningunnin.454
      10:46 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, Floyd didn’t even throw a lead straight right hand, and much of anything else til the 6th round, and nothing hard til the 8th.
      Any decent middleweight fighting out of Philly, Detroit, LV, or LA, not playing a game, would stop Conor inside of the first three rounds.

• Floyd is known (at least in his most recent years) as a defensive genius. He was just sizing Mac up in the first few rounds from everything I’ve heard (I don’t have $100 to spend on a fight, and if I did it was just too darn late to watch).

• RealCatsFan
      10:50 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

J-Dub, same thing for me. One of the other “volleyball dads” decided to have a sausage fest at his house with all the other dads invited. I couldn’t care less about the fight – was a reason to get out of the house and have some good guy talk. Went something like this…

(I was actually looking for my favorite Bloom County cartoon – the one where they were sitting around discussing “blown, dual-carb 454 thingamajigs”, but alas, could not find it. 🙂

• RealCatsFan
      10:52 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

jay, I was actually nodding off in my barstool during the fight. Didn’t have to pay for it, but would like to have that 2 or 3 hours of sleep back. That is more valuable to me than $$ these days.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:31 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

Live picture of RCF as he listens to Matt describing how freakishly athletic and long this year’s UK Basketball team will be…

6. runningunnin.454
    10:33 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

Caffeine and UK basketball…ha ha.

• runningunnin.454
      10:35 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

Hey I hit the reply button to RCF and it says “you must be logged in”
      ?????

7. HEY RG! Notice I stayed out of the nerd fight the other night but you were there. Haha!

• runningunnin.454
      10:55 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

Which nerd fight? There’s always a bunch.

• The one where AD didn’t “Stick ta Sports”. To be fair, you were, as per usual, more of a referee than a fighter. I was just having some fun with ya!

• RealCatsFan
      11:55 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

I thought that was KAT, not AD.

• runningunnin.454
      12:34 pm August 28, 2017 Permalink

Oh yeah, somebody actually said they weren’t going to watch any of KAT’s games anymore….just because he shared an opinion.
      Sad.

8. J-Dub421
    10:57 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

I laughed way too hard over U of L telling Montrezl and Chane that they couldn’t practice at U of L.

• ukjaybrat
      11:04 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

“were in enough trouble you assholes! don’t come back here and cause us MOER trouble!”

• Realme
      11:27 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

Doesn’t line up with their argument that McGee bears sole responsibility.

• RealCatsFan
      11:28 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

They are doing this as part of their appeal. Kind of like, “See, we are serious about cleaning up our program.”

• J-Dub421
      11:33 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

They both did the dirty and participated in all the stripper parties and prostitution. At least Chane was right about one thing, he didn’t win a national title in 2013 because that sucker is gone.

• J-Dub421
      11:47 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

#L1C4!! Until it’s no longer beneficial to U of L, then bugger off. Siva may have not participated, but he also knew it was happening and didn’t report it to anyone, so he’s just as complicit as everyone else.

9. RealCatsFan
    11:12 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

I was on a similar flight to what Matt described on a small puddle jumper commuter plane. Was descending into Cinci in heavy thunderstorms. I can handle the up and down stuff just fine, but when the plane starts yawing from side to side, then the pucker factor goes up exponentially.

10. Realme
    11:30 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

Sorry I can’t help myself. Matt makes so many weird selfie faces. Drew should do a compilation for the site.

11. Realme
    11:36 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

Intentional affliction of emotional distress?

• Realme
      11:38 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

Ha ha infliction.

12. ukblue22
    11:39 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

Sometimes he does stuff just to make Matt mad. And it’s hilarious.

13. ukkatzfan
    11:39 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

Sure would be nice of them to post text number in this post on a daily basis. Only times I ever hear the text number is when matt says it at the speed of light.

• Realme
      11:41 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

859-300-3264

14. DrSayre
    11:45 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

rootsandfruits.com now that is a website I have not heard of in a long time…

• Realme
      11:47 am August 28, 2017 Permalink

What’s the one they caught a Dick Gabriel using? Factsandchicks?

15. Rabbi Li
    6:06 pm August 28, 2017 Permalink

Leave it up to the liberals to mix politics and sports.