Good Morning, Harlan! (Thursday Show Thread)

The Blue Lights Tour Across The Bluegrass rolls into Harlan, Ky this morning for today’s show. Matt and Ryan are at Core Fitness on South Main to talk sports and give away tickets to those loyal KSR listeners who attend the live broadcast.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Here’s an updated list of tour stops:

July 23: Harlan — Core Fitness
July 24: Fort Wright — Dickmann’s Sports Bar

July 27: Campbellsville — Mr. Gatti’s
July 28: Owensboro — Don Moore GM Center
July 29: Benton — Kennedy’s Fan Shop
July 30: Paducah — Buffalo Wild Wings and IMAC Regeneration of Paducah
July 31: Fancy Farm

August 3: Bowling Green — Chaney’s Dairy Barn
August 4: McKee — Old Courthouse Community Room
August 5: Glasgow — Papa John’s
August 6: Jamestown — Lawless-Smith True Value and Appliance Center (Russell Springs)
August 7: Monticello — Conley Bottom Resort

August 10: Frankfort — Governor’s Mansion
August 11: Maysville — Laurel Oaks Golf Course
August 12: Danville — Sun Tropic Outdoors
August 13: Lexington — All Sports at Fayette Mall
August 14: Louisville

gotc-ksr

GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com is giving away UK basketball and football tickets at every tour stop this summer. That’s 33 chances to win, and all you have to do is come out to listen to your favorite radio show. That’s so easy even Ryan Lemond could do it!

Article written by Drew Franklin

44 Comments for Good Morning, Harlan! (Thursday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Great job and thanks to Sunday Best putting on the free concert last night and good job to WYMT-TV for raising some money to help the great folks in Eastern Kentucky.

• BigBlueBoom
      10:04 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

It’s Sundy Best, not Sunday.

• UK_JB
      10:23 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Auto correct… So sorry.

• UK_JB
      10:27 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Hope you don’t make mistakes!

• BigBlueBoom
      10:31 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

You are acting as if my comment was rude. It wasn’t. Man you sure get those feelings hurt easily. Cheer up, buckaroo!

• UK_JB
      10:43 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

No worries… was just thinking the trolls were back. Love Sundy Best. My iPhone should know better.

• J-Dub421
      11:26 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

You were probably right to be offended JB. BBB has nothing to add to any conversation other than trying to correct your mistakes or throwing some shade at me for making a comment and trying to start conversations.

• BigBlueBoom
      12:01 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

It’s all good JB. There are ppl out there who think it’s Sunday, just making sure you weren’t one.

J-Dub Idk if this is the real one or the fake one, but I have never thrown shade at you. Paranoid much?

• BigBlueBoom
      12:03 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

I think all this imitating has gone to J Dub’s head, now they think everyone cares about what they have to say.

• J-Dub421
      12:18 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Real one. I think the fake got banned. A bunch of their comments were removed, and they haven’t been around for a few days.

2. Kentucky Joe
    9:50 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

I will perform tonight at the Three Google Lounge. All proceeds will go to helping promote illiteracy in Kentucky

3. C.M. Tomlin
    9:54 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

I have thousands of Twitter followers and I don’t even have a Twitter account

4. iHeart
    10:02 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Anyone else think the woman in the food safety ad needs to not be allowed to cook? Who marinates steaks on the counter? Lets start the count on how many freaking times this plays today.

• J-Dub421
      10:07 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

I thought the same thing.

• realme
      10:07 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

I call bs on her claim that Nana taught her to leave meat out on the counter overnight.

• J-Dub421
      10:22 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

3 X so far today.

5. Laker Cat 18
    10:14 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Harlan, Raylan Givens stomping ground.

6. CATandMONKEY
    10:15 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

To give Ryan his full due; he really did his homework, back in the day regarding the elite athletes throughout the state and region. He can rattle off all the local stars at every tour stop. It adds tremendously to the local flavor of the discussion at each stop.
    Go Ryan.

7. RUPPS_rhetoric
    10:28 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

I see construction projects of all kinds on a weekly basis; granted not a stadium, but large scale commercial projects. I get why people think there is “A LOT” of work to do; and there is, to an extent. However from what I’ve gathered, all of the structure, mechanical’s, plumbing, and electrical look pretty much in place. That’s the time-consuming stuff. In a few of the pictures I’ve seen, you can see they’re hanging and mudding drywall. That’s a key step in the process. Next up… the FINISHING: painting, installing ceilings, light fixtures, casework, flooring, etc… That stuff CAN go pretty quick, assuming they have the workforce doing this that I think they do. Not to mention, at this point, on a job this big, all the materials are staged and ready to go at a moment’s notice. You’d be amazed at the progress you would see if you went back in 3 weeks; I can promise you that. They are at the phase right before you start finishing and it essentially looks very incomplete at this point. Looks however can be deceiving as they are about to turn a major corner and you’ll see DRASTIC changes in the coming weeks. I expect most of the stuff the general public will encounter on opening day will be 95% complete. I know there will be a lot of armchair general contractors and construction experts commenting today; but as someone who is in the industry; I feel that they are in better shape than most think. Just my $.02. GO CATS! CAN’T WAIT!

• realme
      10:32 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

I don’t see why they think it’s such a big deal if it isn’t completely finished for game one. It’s not like people won’t have seats or the game would be affected.

• RUPPS_rhetoric
      10:39 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

I agree. I feel like the tone of the reporting on this topic is trending towards being critical. I just don’t think that’s fair. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but that’s just my read on it.

• cracka
      11:22 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Agree, saw a lot of pictures with drywall going up which is a good sign. My main concern is the parking lot. Opening game is a 730 game and I’m expecting a long, great tailgating day. If there is a ton of dirt everywhere, that is really going to affect parking and tailgating which have a lot to do with fan experience. The rain has really slowed down what’s going on outside of the stadium. My son’s day care is right across Alumni from the stadium and I’ve been detouring around the construction every day for the last couple of months. Regardless, the second game is an away game, so there’s another 2 weeks.

8. iHeart
    10:38 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

MARIA! STOP PUTTING MEAT ON THE COUNTER! YOU’RE GOING TO KILL YOUR NEIGHBOR BOB! OH, THE HUMANITY!

9. J-Dub421
    10:39 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Wow, Davante Robinson sounds like a super nice kid.

10. J-Dub421
    10:43 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Jamal Murray has looked very impressive so far. I am really happy he chose Kentucky.

• BigBlueBoom
      11:15 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

We would have never guessed you thought a kid going to Ky was impressive! It’s time for the J-Dub -listen to me ramble- hour again folks.

• J-Dub421
      11:20 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Do you have anything to add to the conversation today other than being a dick?

• BigBlueBoom
      11:22 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

I’d like to add something positive but no one can get a word in edge wise when you are running at the mouth every day.

• J-Dub421
      11:32 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Yes, I am preventing you from posting a comment. It’s so hard to type. You couldn’t possibly get a word in anywhere. No one else has posted anything in the show thread today. Just me. Mine are the only comments here. I’ll be silent now. Please oh great and insightful BigBlueBoom, give us your wisdom. We’re all anxiously waiting to hear your great insights.

• cracka
      11:56 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

I appreciate J-Dub trying to keep the comments alive, what’s your twitter?

• BigBlueBoom
      12:07 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

well now this is ironic after my post above in response to J-Dub on JBs post. Now someone has stolen my name. Maybe that’s why you think I’ve thrown shade at you, bc I have an imitator too! Someone really needs to shave the line beard and get out of their mom’s basement. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery…unless a Louisville fan imitates you, then it’s just an example of a person w no life.

• J-Dub421
      12:15 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

If it wasn’t you BBB, then I’m sorry. This is the second or third time some idiot under the name of BigBlueBoom has specifically gone after me in the show thread in recent weeks. They never make any kind of comment themselves, just bash me for doing so.

11. J-Dub421
    10:50 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Pitino’s team last year may have been better than Puerto Rico, but I’m not so sure about his team this season being better…

12. Karen
    11:00 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Loved the Periscope of huggin Harlan!! Cat fan in Jacksonville, Fl!!

13. Scout714
    11:13 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Did Ryan just say on Periscope his mother-in-law was murdered? Her name was Goldie Trosper and murdered in Harlan. Anybody know the story.

14. Realme
    11:14 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

It is SO hard to wait for the seasons to start. Want to watch the BB & FB teams play NOW!

15. Rixter
    11:19 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Baseball hater.

16. Andrew
    11:19 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Haven’t been able to listen for a few days… any news on the mystery front court player for 2015?

17. Scott
    11:27 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Matt, why do you act like a jerk to people sometimes? You are acting kinda jerky today.

18. The former Duke player who shall not be named actually was a pretty good pro for a while at least, but definitely not in the rare air that AD is in now. He was playing center with the Hawks, but moved to forward when they got Dikembe (a move that helped him) and they had a really good team for at least a couple years.

That said, if Phil Jackson’s comment only helps us get a couple, or maybe even 1, recruit away from Puke, it might help us hang #9 in the near future.

• cracka
      11:54 am July 23, 2015 Permalink

Jason Williams would probably have been an All Star for years if not for injury, Elton Brand was good for a long time. Battier, Boozer and Dunleavy had solid careers. Phil mentioned Grant Hill. Irving is one of the best in the league IMO and some newer guys like Hood and Parker haven’t had a chance yet. Add in Okafor and Winslow and I’d say they’re probably second only to us. Besides UK, who would you put ahead of Duke and Coach Rat?

• J-Dub421
      12:09 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Florida probably. Maybe UNC, but not as much in recent years. I’ll reserve judgment on the younger guys from Duke, but they also have Austin Rivers (can only play for daddy now), the Plumlees, Ryan Kelly, Lance “custom jewelry” Thomas, Seth Curry (not to be confused with his brother), Kyle Singler, etc.