Gonzaga Falls to Duke….

(H/T @SportsCenter)

(H/T @SportsCenter)

(H/T @SportsCenter)

Despite their best efforts, Gonzaga just could not take out the Blue Devils tonight; Duke wins 66-52. So with that, the 2015 Final Four is officially set: UK, Wisconsin, Duke, and Michigan State. This will be Duke’s 16th Final Four and 4th most all-time.

I’m heartbroken for Wiltjer, but he still has one more year to get his Zags to the Final Four.

So, opinions…. would you all like to see Duke in the championship game vs. Kentucky? Sound off below.

Article written by Miss J.C. Ausmus

No, my name doesn't stand for anything. Follow me on twitter? @JC_KSR

15 Comments for Gonzaga Falls to Duke….

1. Lip Man 1
    7:21 pm March 29, 2015 Permalink

Given the choice between Duke and Michigan State, even though Izzo is a great coach, I’d have to take preferring to play MSU. They just don’t have the talent overall that Duke has in my opinion.

2. Dusten
    7:25 pm March 29, 2015 Permalink

? They cut it 2 with like 7 minutes left or something… Wiltjer missed a layup that would have tied the game around that mark.

3. Leuther
    7:30 pm March 29, 2015 Permalink

Miss J.C., I don’t think it matters to most of us who we play in the finals. We just need to get there to make the dream of 40 – 0 come true…

4. jonthes
    7:33 pm March 29, 2015 Permalink

Wiltjer missed what should have been a dunk, unguarded to tie the game. Thank god he transferred. That he would leave Kentucky showed he wasn’t up to it.

• cats paw
      9:18 pm March 29, 2015 Permalink

his leaving to lead a team to the final 8 while being named an All-American proves he and every sportscaster in America knows his worth more than the ignorant UK homers.

• BeastCat
      10:27 pm March 29, 2015 Permalink

cats paw, You still upset over Michigan State beating that a.s.s.? I wish you could have enjoyed that game as much as I did 🙂

• Time Expired
      11:37 pm March 29, 2015 Permalink

Gonzaga was a joke and it came from the weakest region to get to the round of eight. Wiltjer was a defensive liability at UK and showed the same tonight. He scored all of 2 pts the second half and missed a point blank layup against a guy who plays no better defense than him in Okafor. Sorry cats paw your man crush didn’t make it to the final four but his fault he should have stayed at UK at least sitting on the bench he still had a chance for another ring.
      Cats paw I DO OWN YOU!

5. sf10275
    7:33 pm March 29, 2015 Permalink

I would rather see Michigan State, my boss is a Michigan State grad. But I am more than a little concerned about Wisconsin.

6. Rixter
    7:46 pm March 29, 2015 Permalink

Gonzaga didn’t cut the lead to 4 with 16 minutes left, Gonzaga lead by 4 with 16 minutes left.

7. jeffj
    7:47 pm March 29, 2015 Permalink

my choice would be to play duke after of course we beat Ws. i want to beat the “best” to complete our journey to destiny.

8. jonthes
    7:55 pm March 29, 2015 Permalink

Duke has a glass jaw – look at their losses – but no one hit it yet in the tournament. Won’t be shocked if Izzo does. Duke can’t play spread and drive like ND, GA and Ole Miss did, not as well. If UK plays well, should be a title.

9. American Errorist
    8:11 pm March 29, 2015 Permalink

Its like you overheard someone talking about Duke/Gonzaga and decided to write a post on it. Could you be anymore wrong on the time and score? (Chandler Bing voice)

10. Dave Ball
    8:48 pm March 29, 2015 Permalink

would prefer to get past Wisconsin first before discussing which team to face in the final…don’t jinx it by ignoring Wisconsin…LOL…beat the Badgers (again) then wipe out Duke so there is no “ifs” (and it would mean UK knocked off 4 of the 5 ACC monsters this year–UNC, Louisville, ND, and Duke)

11. WeareBBN
    8:52 pm March 29, 2015 Permalink

As we know anything can happen in a single game {we were 1 make from a loss vs Ole Miss, Tex A&M, LSU and ND}, let’s just focus on getting to the title game.

12. EdC
    8:24 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

Why doesn’t ANYBODY make Okafor play defense? I completely don’t get it.

One more thing. His air ball free throw that didn’t even touch net was glorious!