Getting ready for the Cards (Monday Show Thread)

For the second straight season, it comes down to a showdown with the Cards for bowl eligibility. On the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, Matt and Ryan will get you ready for Saturday’s game against Louisville as well as basketball games Tuesday night against Boston and Friday against South Florida.

Trust me, this will be a show you don’t want to miss.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

57 Comments for Getting ready for the Cards (Monday Show Thread)

1. ukjaybrat
    9:48 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

If you hate louisville and you know it, clap your hands !!
    ::Clap Clap::

• CATandMONKEY
      9:53 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Thundering applause.

• JoeMoney333
      9:54 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Funny, because if you like Louisville you’re more likely to have the clap than to be doing it.

• J-Dub421
      9:59 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Clap!

Also, that picture makes me shudder… Blech.

• Long Dong Silver
      9:59 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

And Joe has our Wendy’s comment of the day

• RealCatsFan
      10:04 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

J-Dub, that picture is hilarious, because it is a bunch of suburban white kids doing their best to look inner city gangsta. Brings back fond memories of when my nephew showed up at a family get together sporting gangsta attire, with his jeans hanging halfway to his knees and his boxers hanging out. After I administered the requisite atomic wedgie, he abandoned that look. 🙂

• J-Dub421
      10:06 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

As a chick though, that’s what the U of L dating pool looks like, which makes me shudder at the thought.

• Realme
      10:08 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Now this is how you get Monday started off right. Louisville Hate Week is a wonderful holiday.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:16 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

J-Dub, your husband never hung out with these guys though, right? (Please, say no, even if it is stretching the truth)

• J-Dub421
      10:18 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

No, he definitely did not. I would not have given him the time of day if he’d dressed/looked like that!

• Realme
      10:19 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

J dub has better taste than that.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:23 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

I graduated from there and never knew people with that appearance. Of course my cohort was perhaps dorkier, hanging out looking through microscopes for 9 hours on a Sunday.

• RealCatsFan
      10:35 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

I graduated from there as well on academic scholly (tells you about their standards 🙂 ), but it was a looooonnggg time ago. The “middle class wannabe gangsta look” had not yet swept the country.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:47 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

RealCats, I had the sense (put into me from an outsider) to pursue a doctoral degree at UK, in order to have any hopes of a meaningful and self-supportive career. I can’t deny that my education in chem, math and biology at UofL was competitive with other institutions. My other classes though were fairly sketchy.

2. ukchambliss
    9:58 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

I certainly hope the show begins with Matt’s trip to McDonald’s this morning.

3. CATandMONKEY
    9:58 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Someone will soon comment that KSR is being disrespectful because the dude in the front middle passed away. No disrespect to him nor his family but death does not erase poor choices in photo-ops.

• RealCatsFan
      10:00 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

That picture will never get old, just because it embodies the “da Ville attitude”. If it is true that one of the kids in the picture passed away, then condolences to his family, but once a picture is part of the public domain, there is no stopping it.

4. TheWildcatKyle
    10:08 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

JONES 2016 – FACTS ARE OPTIONAL

• J-Dub421
      10:12 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

I can envision this on bumper stickers.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:14 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Sadly, that would be a reasonable slogan for any politician. Matt would probably have the audacity to be honest about it. Glad he is waiting.

5. TheWildcatKyle
    10:09 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

WIll DREW RUN INstead!!!!

6. Realme
    10:09 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Very surprised. Matt should definitely run for office in the future, just not during the Cal era.

7. Cat House
    10:10 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Matt made the best decision and couldn’t have won anyway.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:28 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Maybe we can get “Dale from Frankfort” to run instead of Matt. 😀

9. RealCatsFan
    10:29 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Our political system is in its current state because no truly sane person is crazy enough to run for office.

• ukjaybrat
      10:42 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

those that do never win anyway. so what’s the point. the [majority of] people are too stupid to vote for the person that deserves to be in office. mostly in part because mudslinging an empty promises work better than honesty and hard work.

• RealCatsFan
      10:47 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Our presidential race is beginning to resemble an episode of Jerry Springer. It’s just sad. The founding fathers have to be spinning in their graves.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:51 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Truth! Mudslinging has always been around though. Reference the race between Andrew Jackson and John Q. Adams, for starters. If anyone, as a candidate actually wants the job, they should automatically be disqualified.

10. WHAT THE ----
    10:30 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

National Sports Announcers has gotten as bad as Politicians. Is Seth Davis not suppose to be unbiased? Not only was it bad enough to bump Maryland above KY in his pole but the sarcastic statement afterwards for followers questioning as to why … very very unprofessional …his answer
    *burp* WHY NOT?

• CPACAT
      11:23 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

his “pole”…chortle….

11. RealCatsFan
    10:38 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

What are the odds if we win on Saturday and they put UK and UofL in the same bowl game? Hopefully zero.

• ukjaybrat
      10:44 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

not very big. they want matchups that generate intrigue and revenue. a rematch of the last game of the season won’t do that.

• The only way that ever happens is when it decides the natty, like Bama v. LSU a few years ago and UF v. FSU back in the early 90’s

• ukjaybrat
      11:00 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

forgot about uf/fsu, I remember no one wanted to see a bama lsu rematch (or at least no one outside of sec country anyway)… but they truly were the two best teams in the country that year.

12. Realme
    10:44 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Matt must have promised Ryan he can go to Hooters.

• J-Dub421
      10:50 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

I’m surprised Ryan’s wife would allow him to go to Hooters.

13. Someone tell Matt he needs to use his considerable weight and influence at iHeart and tell them we need a rewind button like the Watch ESPN app has. I hate it when they bust out laughing so loud and I was distracted (by work) and have no idea what they’re laughing at! 🙂

• J-Dub421
      10:51 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

That is an excellent idea. I also hate when I get a phone call or something and miss part of the show.

• Realme
      10:58 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

YES! That would be great. I already have to listen to today’s podcast because of multiple interruptions. I wish I could put up a do not disturb for 2 hours a day.

14. RealCatsFan
    10:50 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Myley Cyrus – putting the fear of God into fathers of daughters for over a decade.

15. inside info2
    10:51 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Matt, good decision not to run. You have made a great thing in KSR and leaving it at its height wouldn’t be the smart thing to do.

One reason I know you are not ready to run for office — you are not allowing comments on your decision post. Of course people would blast you, but if you are going to run for office you are going to have to work on getting some thicker skin.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:54 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

I love his coment regarding the possibility of suffering the same fate as Rick after he left Camelot. The Matt Jones and John Ramsey Cardinal Review just doesn’t have much of a ring to it.

• I might consider voting for Matt (not really) only if Ryan was his running mate and he always wore his Uncle Sam outfit!

• ukjaybrat
      11:03 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

disabling comments has very little to do with mat himself. He can “not read the comments section” very easily…. disabling comments is more to block other commenters from having to deal with trolls and idiots.

• Booby Petrino
      11:41 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

They also block comments when they put up their merchandise for sale. I highly doubt it’s bc people would blast them and they can’t take it. Perhaps they didn’t want to have to moderate all the arguing that would go on.

16. Jeff
    10:55 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

SINCE YOU’RE NOT RUNNING… ARE YOU STILL MOVING TO LEXINGTON?

17. Realme
    11:15 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Apologies to all the nostalgic males on here, but wrestling has to be the cheesiest thing there is.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:50 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Agreed.

18. CATandMONKEY
    11:19 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Matt, I posted this on the post-game thread Sunday AM, but did I correctly hear you make a cool and clever Paul Simon reference when Cecilia called in to the show???

19. CPACAT
    11:19 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

It sucks so much to lose BOTH to UL and bowl eligibility in the same afternoon. As much as I hate it, we ain’t sniffing victory on Saturday with what we are putting on the field.
    1) Acceptance of Reality
    2) Fandom

• Realme
      11:29 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

You never know. The rivalry might bring just enough out of the team. They really embraced it last year, and it almost worked.

• ukjaybrat
      11:39 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

You only see what WE are putting on the field. You realize Louisville is JUST as bad if not worse than us. right? yes they have one more win, but they’ve played much easier teams. Almost all of Louisville’s wins come over the bottom half of the acc. The middle of the SEC would destroy their schedule and I think UK would have already been bowl eligible. I mean it was a LITTLE bit tougher than Ohio State’s schedule, but a joke is still a joke no matter how funny it is.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:48 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

CPA, Louisville isn’t a good team this year. For God’sake, we almost beat them last year in Their house, UofL was better then, and we were worse. This is a very winnable game and fandom has nothing to do with that objective observation. Reality is: UofL and UK are about even in ability. Home field advantage could be the difference.

• RealCatsFan
      12:19 pm November 23, 2015 Permalink

Yep, and it would be hilarious for UK to beat them now that they have their lord and savior Bobby P back at the helm.

• CPACAT
      3:55 pm November 23, 2015 Permalink

I hope so guys, I hope so. I’m in my 40th year of following UK football (since the ’76 Peach Bowl team) and if that has taught me anything it is that when UK desperately needs a win to make or break their season, they are roughly 0-40. Prove me wrong CATS!

20. TheWildcatKyle
    11:25 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Marcus Lee would be UC-Berkley

21. WesHos
    11:31 am November 23, 2015 Permalink

Austin Pey is in Clarksville, but Murray State is about an hour and a half away and would be a better game.