GET UP! It’s time for KSR (Wednesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will discuss Kentucky’s game vs. South Carolina, which is inching closer to a sellout, Big Blue Madness Campout beginning, and why it’s rude to bother people while they eat. Something tells me there’s a story coming with that last one.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

49 Comments for GET UP! It’s time for KSR (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:24 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

For Pete’s sake, try a different restaurant. Wendy’s isn’t busy.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:41 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Hard to feel bad for anyone who eats McDonald’s.

• Realme
      10:43 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

That breakfast hits the spot on occasion.

• Booby Petrino
      10:44 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Their Southwest Chicken Salad is really good. Better than Chick-Fil-As and Wendys.

• BluKudzu
      10:48 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

How hard is it to make oatmeal at home? Hot water and pour both packet and water into a cup. Done.

• Realme
      10:51 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Think of all the stress he could avoid by heating up some water.

• I can see getting their oatmeal if you’re there anyway to get a cup of Joe or something, but yeah, oatmeal is like pour it in the bowl and turn on the microwave.

2. Realme
    10:34 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Weird. Matt’s regularly scheduled complaining about McDonald’s isn’t sparking a lot of conversation.

• Booby Petrino
      10:45 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Have you been to KSBar yet? I have been once for lunch. I wanted to like it more than I actually liked it. I’m hoping it gets better when they expand the menu.

• secrick
      10:49 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

BP, What was wrong with it?

• Realme
      10:50 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Not yet. Figured we’d let it get past the new restaurant madness. They have one of my very favorite foods on the menu, so I will judge them by how they make it (shrimp and grits).

• RealCatsFan
      10:51 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

I will be in Lexington this weekend for my younger daughter’s tournament, and thought about running by KSBar to check it out, but I will have her with me, and I am a little worried that Ryan might be there without his shirt on. She doesn’t need that kind of emotional scarring. πŸ˜‰

• Realme
      10:53 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Just watch out for Ky Joe.

• Booby Petrino
      11:07 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

I don’t want to bash them bc I love this site. That’s why I wanted to love the restaurant and maybe I will in the future. I just thought the menu was way too small, only a few things to choose from, but I’ve heard there will be an expanded menu in a few weeks.

I had wings and fries, they were fine. But I kept reading “try the KSR sauce, it’s amazing”…so that’s what I ordered. Either they used the wrong sauce, or it just tasted a lot like regular buffalo sauce. Again, it was fine and I ate it all, just thought it would be different than sauce I’ve had at other places. Two of my friends had burgers, no complaints. One friend ordered ribs and they were terrible. Hard to pull apart and so smokey that your mouth tasted like smoke for a long time after eating them (I had to try one after my friend kept talking about how bad they were…she was right).

Also, I ordered sweet tea and it was terrible. Some fruity raspberry tasting crap. When I told the server I was really sorry but I didn’t like it and would just take some Pepsi, she was like “yeah a lot of people don’t like it, it’s some organic stuff.” so I know I’m not alone here. Just serve some Lipton, no need for fruity sweet tea!

• Booby Petrino
      11:09 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

I was on lunch break from work so couldn’t have any alcohol. That probably would’ve helped lol

• I like spicy food, and my favorite hot sauce is Tabasco (no Texas Pete thank you…it tastes like cheap store brand IMHO), but I don’t care for buffalo wings for some reason. The spice is just different. I keep saying I’m going to look up some buffalo sauce recipes and tweak 1 (or 2 or 3) with Tabasco instead of whatever spice it calls for to see if it tastes better.

BTW, soup beans cooked with ham, add cornbread and Tabasco…mmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!! My favorite. Pinto beans aren’t a big thing in Bama. It’s all about peas here. Field (purple hull) peas, black-eyed peas, etc.

• I sound like Bubba on that last sentence: “Fried shrimp, boiled shrimp, shrimp gumbo…”
      “Field peas, black-eyed peas, wax peas, dwarf peas…”

• ClutchCargo
      11:26 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

cg, I’m with you on the Buffalo sauce. Not a fan at all. Put that on boneless wings, and that might start a fight if I’m around. πŸ™‚

• Booby Petrino
      11:26 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

oh I should add that my friend who had the ribs thought the cornbread was amazing, so there’s that!

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:37 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Hard to mess up cornbread but it can be done.

• ClutchCargo
      11:40 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Hot take: cornbread is easily messed up. Just add sugar to it. Done.

• J-Dub421
      11:43 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

I don’t like Buffalo sauce either. It’s too vinegary.

• Realme
      11:58 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

I love buffalo sauce. An easy home fake is just regular Tabasco and butter. Adjust the ratio to make it more or less spicy.

3. Realme
    10:52 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Shoot, I forgot to watch the Steve Zahn Hey Kentucky.

• secrick
      11:23 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Matt is a great guy but does cut people short sometimes and sometimes he needs to . Just remember all the people he has to deal with.

• secrick
      11:25 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Sorry RealMe , Meant this for someone else.

• Realme
      12:00 pm September 26, 2018 Permalink

Well I agree with you anyway. The only time I hate for him to cut someone off is a special guest. Let Stoops talk on the last post game show for instance.

4. I forgot to mention yesterday: part of the Snell for Heisman video should have been that clip of half the defense running off & on the field just because they saw him coming in the game. That will forever be a Benny memory. *sniff* Is someone cutting onions in here?

5. Iamheasyouarehe
    11:17 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

I like this site but Matt is hard to listen to for me. Not to be negative but that’s my honest opinion.

• RealCatsFan
      11:19 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Matt is an acquired taste – kind of like drinking beer or coffee.

• ClutchCargo
      11:20 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Same.

• He has some irritating qualities, but he’s still a talented host. How else did he get the ESPN gig when he knows almost zilch about the NFL?

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:21 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

I liked beer and coffee immediately…

• Booby Petrino
      11:27 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Same, Iam. That’s why I don’t listen and have to sometimes figure out what yall are talking about on the show thread.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:31 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

I’m glad it’s not just me Booby, for the record I’ve tried but no can do.

• Realme
      12:02 pm September 26, 2018 Permalink

He created a fabulous show that I am addicted too, but he starts to get on my nerves if I listen to the main show and pre / post games. It’s cumulative for me.

6. RealCatsFan
    11:21 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Matt saying that there have been no major coaching gaffes this year like last year – and I agree. In fact, I gave Stoops props for recognizing the fumble on the last play against Florida and yelling for his player to run it in. Last year we would have tried to toss the ball to the ref and a Florida player would have grabbed it and run it in the other way for the win. πŸ˜‰

7. ClutchCargo
    11:22 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

RCF, but without the desirable side effects. lol

• ClutchCargo
      11:23 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Ugh, reply fail. Was trying to respond to the acquired taste comment.

8. secrick
    11:29 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

I have a friend that still wants a Quarterback change. Thinking about not talking to him.lol

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:32 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Hope it’s not coachcat.

• ClutchCargo
      11:42 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

You need to get some smarter friends, secrick. πŸ˜‰

9. RealCatsFan
    11:43 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Geesh, next they will be reciting Shakespeare. Maybe we need to do Benny quotes in a Shakespearean style. πŸ™‚

• ClutchCargo
      11:48 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

Shakespearean Benny: “I speak sooth.”

When he was talking about running on any defense, and that it was a fact, not just him bragging.

10. BluKudzu
    11:43 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

I apologize in advance to all that have read this before, but I like our chances at a 9-10 win season, based on one statistic: opponents scoring, “specifically nationally ranked SEC opponents scoring.”
    When was the last time UK held back to back, nationally ranked SEC opponents, to and average of just 11.5 points per game? Never?

If we can continue the strong defensive effort against the rest of our schedule in the conference, we should be good. We know UK has a great offense, and being able to use the outstanding, physical presence, from the O line while handing the ball off to Benny……think about it, we are going to win a lot of games.

Not worried about the passing game, nobody can stop the running game. Fumbles or penalties are the only thing keeping UK from scoring on every series. If UK can contain that, nobody beats UK with theHeisman running back.

Matt House has done wonders since he has taken over. Credit to Stoops for finding the right guy.

Go Cats

• secrick
      11:54 am September 26, 2018 Permalink

I hope you are right and i do like the way you are thinking. GO CATS