Get to know John Short in FOX 56’s “Spirit of the Bluegrass” profile

FOX 56 in Lexington profiled longtime radio caller John Short in the most recent edition of its “Spirit of the Bluegrass” series.

Many of you have heard John on KSR or the several other shows he has been calling for 35 years, but now you can see the man on the other end of the line thanks to this story by FOX anchor Marvin Bartlett. In it we see how John listens to all of his shows and we hear from the hosts who take his calls, including our own Ryan Lemond.

Spend a minute or two watching the video on this Thanksgiving morning because John Short is the best:

[FOX 56: “Yes indeedy,” Lexington man has been calling sports radio shows for 35 years]

Article written by Drew Franklin

7 Comments for Get to know John Short in FOX 56’s “Spirit of the Bluegrass” profile

1. WKY Cat
    10:21 am November 28, 2019 Permalink

Great story!

2. Bluehender
    11:01 am November 28, 2019 Permalink

That was awesome. I know him, but I don’t know him. It’s great to put the face with the voice I hear nearly every day on KSR. Love his optimism and his love of everything Blue..a true All-Kentuckian..

3. TPACAT
    11:26 am November 28, 2019 Permalink

Kinda’ looks like Ryan!

4. Tom Bombadil
    11:39 am November 28, 2019 Permalink

Very cool story. Go John Short! GO CATS! WIN #9 Biggin!

5. mkerrick09
    1:06 pm November 28, 2019 Permalink

Great Story!! Are Ryan and John Short related!!

6. Cats N Pats
    8:35 pm November 28, 2019 Permalink

That was awesome. John truly is what it means to be a wildcat fan. GO CATS!!

7. huck
    11:15 pm November 28, 2019 Permalink

Hello Mr. Drew Franklin, I just want to say thanks to you and KSR. In your beginnings at KSR I left some pretty… lol, left some nasty comments about your writing and I appears that you have gotten way better(at least not offensive to me now) or I have mellowed….probably little of both but I enjoy your articles and really am happy that KSR exists. It is so nice to be able to come to one site and get the UK information. I am an old style Kentuckian, hunting, fishing, trapping, farmer, coal miner and like to cook too…. and I even have enough brains to figure out how to hang a picture… (LOL sometimes I wonder about a dude that wants to claim nerdy smart…. but not enough brains to hang picture… I guess half wit attempt at being ?cute?)

KSR and everyone there seem to be great, I moved down here to Dickie V county 20 years ago from London, worked reclaiming coal mines in Bell and Harlan counties for more than 10 years and used to deer hunt on the late Red Mitchel’s property near Madisonville, it is nice to have site with the information I crave. Thanks all. Hey Ms Tyler…. how about if I make some fresh bread. Steve