Get the week started off right with KSR (Monday Show Thread)

Good morning, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Lexington and Louisville studios. Matt is back from his mini vacation to North Carolina, and is ready to catch you all up on all the latest moves in recruiting, because there were a lot of them.

Willie Cauley-Stein was scheduled to be on KSR this morning, but due to a class presentation, he had to push his appearance to Wednesday. Hear that, Bobby Knight?

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm

23 Comments for Get the week started off right with KSR (Monday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:55 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

Any good stories from Uncle matt being at Duke?

Ryan in trouble for anything last week? Had some good shows. Good job Ryan.

2. J-Dub421
    10:16 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

It was great watching Matt rip all the haters on Finebaum’s show. I laughed my head off.

3. BigJHagan
    10:27 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

Matt,
    When you ask Stoops about his brother stealing recruits. I’m curious whether Stoops thinks him and his brother have a similar thought process in who they like and just end up with the same targets, or if he thinks his brother is following who Mark likes, letting him do the leg work in identifying some of these guys then jumping in at very last minute to steal them away?

4. OptimusRyan
    10:28 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

You better watch it.. The Illinois SID is going to crush you.

5. J-Dub421
    10:36 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

I find it disturbing and highly unsanitary that these chicks are licking Devin Booker’s car. Just gross.

6. UK_JB
    10:37 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

My 2012 doesn’t have that gas feature… but the 2013 do. I missed out.

• bigbluecoop
      10:50 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

That feature has been around for a while. I had a ’92 Crown Vic that had it. The thing is, it will show you how many miles you can go at that speed. Speed up and you won’t go that far. But Matt is hurting his engine by running his tank that low all the time.

7. J-Dub421
    10:43 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

Wisonsin will go back to sucking again next season. Bo Ryan can’t recruit and won’t catch lightning in a bottle again. He go lucky with Kaminsky and Dekker developing into great players.

• J-Dub421
      10:44 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

Wisconsin, and *got lucky. I am having a case of the Mondays today.

8. bouzoukiman
    10:45 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

Don’t forget that a big part of the animosity toward Duke is not just the shot, it’s the fact that Laettner should have been thrown out of that game in the first place. Maybe they would have won anyway, but we’ll never know.

• RealCatsFan
      11:24 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

For me, most of the animosity towards Duke is due to the “golden child” image their coach and basketball program has in the eyes of the press and the NCAA. The fact is, if the NCAA was even handed in its enforcement, Duke and Coach K would have the same number of vacated Final Fours as Calipari. Instead, both of their recent violations got swept under the rug, and not a single media member has mentioned the fact that their current team had a player kicked off the team for an alleged sexual assault, and they knew about this LAST year and still let him play!

• Realme
      11:29 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

I agree with all of what you guys said, but don’t forget about the floor slapping, flopping, tool behavior that is a hallmark of Duke teams. That makes them hateable too.

• RealCatsFan
      11:31 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

Realme, exactly – it is like an unholy combination of douchebaggery by Duke.

9. J-Dub421
    10:56 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

Longest, most boring story ever.

10. TomTraubertsBlues
    10:57 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

I read all of Rembrance of Things Past during Doris’s story.

11. JVice
    11:07 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

Is iHeart down today? Can’t get the show on the internet

12. Realme
    11:11 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

I recently discovered that there’s a Best of Finebaum podcast where they whittle the show down to about an hour’s worth of listening. It’s pretty good, he has some callers that make our crazy callers look sane, and he will be all mild mannered most of the time and then suddenly just tell someone what an idiot they are.

13. J-Dub421
    11:19 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

What the heck has happened to Lexington lately?? I keep reading more news stories about stabbings and shootings.

• Realme
      11:27 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

Lexington crime seems to go in spurts. We had that stretch last year of 11 shootings in 11 days.

• J-Dub421
      11:41 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

I don’t remember feeling unsafe when I went to UK, but it seems like Lexington has gone mad lately.

14. J-Dub421
    11:42 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

I know that I am horribly biased, but I don’t understand why any elite recruit would want to play for anyone other than Coach Cal. His track record speaks for itself.

15. J-Dub421
    11:49 am April 20, 2015 Permalink

Grammar is hard for Ryan. Lol.

• bigbluecoop