Georgia vs. Missouri postponed due to COVID

Mandatory Credit: Dale Zanine-USA TODAY Sports

Mandatory Credit: Dale Zanine-USA TODAY Sports

Make it four SEC games postponed this week due to COVID issues. The league just announced that Georgia vs. Missouri will be pushed back due to positive tests in the Tigers’ football program. Missouri has already filled its makeup date of December 12 with a game vs. Vanderbilt, so the Georgia game may take place on December 19.

From the SEC:

“The Georgia at Missouri football game of November 14 has been postponed due to combination of positive tests, contact tracing and subsequent quarantining of individuals within the Missouri football program, consistent with Southeastern Conference COVID-19 management requirements.

“Because Missouri has a game tentatively scheduled for December 12, the opportunity to reschedule the Georgia at Missouri game will need to be evaluated. The rescheduling of games on the remaining SEC football schedule may include December 19 as a playing date.”

In its release, Missouri said the positive tests, contact tracing, and subsequent quarantining of individuals is within one position group. The Tigers last played at Florida on October 31.

As of now, there are only three SEC games still scheduled to take place on Saturday:

DATE AWAY HOME GAME INFO
11/14 – PPD (12) Georgia Missouri ESPN
11/14 – 12:00 PM Vanderbilt Kentucky SEC NETWORK
11/14 – PPD (5) Texas A&M Tennessee ESPN
11/14 – PPD (24) Auburn Mississippi St
11/14 – PPD (1) Alabama LSU CBS
11/14 – 7:00 PM Arkansas (6) Florida ESPN
11/14 – 7:30 PM S Carolina Ole Miss SEC NETWORK

Fingers crossed Kentucky/Vanderbilt isn’t next.

8 Comments for Georgia vs. Missouri postponed due to COVID

1. blueblood80
    12:33 pm November 11, 2020 Permalink

Mrs. Thompson, I always enjoy your columns and their insight. Don’t you think this is all about that almighty dollar? I would hope the players continue their educations and get a marketable degree….
    This season should be shut down.

2. Pensacola_Cat_Fan
    12:58 pm November 11, 2020 Permalink

Let’s shut the season down for no reason. Good idea buddy! The ignorance of people in the world amazes me…

3. Lip Man 1
    12:58 pm November 11, 2020 Permalink

Blue: The “almighty dollar” factor is absolutely the driving force behind even trying to play. Football money drives most athletic department engines.

4. Pensacola_Cat_Fan
    12:59 pm November 11, 2020 Permalink

Yah, let’s shut the season down because of all the kids that have died…oh wait. Well, let’s shut it down because folks have gotten extremely sick…oh wait. Let’s shut the season down because we have another agenda other than player’s health…yes, let’s do that!

5. blueblood80
    1:38 pm November 11, 2020 Permalink

If this season does make it until a Champion is crowned, there will probably be a large asterisk attached for this Covid season. Some CFB Playoff candidates are having games canceled and teams are playing with sometimes limited rosters due to Covid. Less than 4% of college football players get drafted, much less make an NFL team for any sustained time frame. If I’m one of those 4%, I want to continue playing. If not, I’m opting out and using my scholarship to get that degree……

• 4burgoo
      4:27 pm November 11, 2020 Permalink

You do realize that 100% of the active players for each school are aware of the risks involved and have all opted in anyway. It’s getting tiresome that the government, and many people in our country, want to dictate what other people can and can’t do. You do you and let others make the decisions that are best for them, deal?

6. blueblood80
    1:57 pm November 11, 2020 Permalink

And no, P CAT FAN, my wait is over. My cousin played two years of Div. 1 walk on football. He passed from Covid at age 34. Forty six days in ICU, unable to breathe without a ventilator, he expired before meeting his second child.

• Pensacola_Cat_Fan
      2:09 pm November 11, 2020 Permalink

I’m sorry to hear about that, but I’m talking about current college football players. There have been no cases of a college football player getting seriously ill for COVID.