Gearing up for the Gators (Thursday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will recap opening night at KSBar, check on the Monroe County animal killer, look ahead to Florida, and much, much more.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

27 Comments for Gearing up for the Gators (Thursday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:11 am September 6, 2018 Permalink

Tomato not good enough? Didn’t know my FIL went to KSBar yesterday.

• ClutchCargo
      10:16 am September 6, 2018 Permalink

I’m not able to listen to the show, as usual, but I would say that pretty much all restaurant tomatoes are garbage when you are used to having homegrown ones.

• Realme
      10:21 am September 6, 2018 Permalink

My father in law will complain about anything. He’s a server’s worst nightmare.

• ClutchCargo
      10:25 am September 6, 2018 Permalink

My in-laws are like that. It’s like they look for something to complain about and wait for the server to screw up. This makes people uncomfortable, and then they can’t understand why they always seem to have bad service.

• Realme
      10:30 am September 6, 2018 Permalink

Same. It’s embarrassing. I often try to apologize by sneaking extra tip onto the table before leaving.

• RealCatsFan
      10:46 am September 6, 2018 Permalink

My mom is a chronic complainer about food, but she usually doesn’t do it in an impolite way that embarrasses the server or other workers.

RE: restaurant tomatoes – Subway seems to have the worst. Even at the height of tomato harvest season when the red, juicy ones are plentiful, they have those pathetic underripe white ones that look and taste like styrofoam.

2. Realme
    10:51 am September 6, 2018 Permalink

If those animals in Monroe Co. were killed by a human, that’s a lot scarier than a rogue cougar or bear.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:53 am September 6, 2018 Permalink

I agree with the theory that it was Rick Pitino attacking animals in Monroe County.

• ClutchCargo
      10:54 am September 6, 2018 Permalink

He just needed to drink some blood. Any kind of blood will do, apparently.

• Realme
      10:58 am September 6, 2018 Permalink

Wait, I thought K is a vampire and Rick is a zombie. Still a likely suspect either way.

• ClutchCargo
      11:20 am September 6, 2018 Permalink

Anybody check to see if those animals still have brains? Didn’t think so. Those two are probably working together somehow.

• RealCatsFan
      11:29 am September 6, 2018 Permalink

Well, the majority of our elected officials don’t have brains…

• My Subway sometimes has some of the best tomatoes I’ve ever had. It just depends, but when they’re nice and red, I get extra and it makes the sammich awesome.

4. Realme
    11:01 am September 6, 2018 Permalink

I love the Darryl and JRoc feud. Has anyone watched Trailer Park Boys? If you haven’t it’s straight ignorance, and I find that amusing in when in the right mood. Anyways, that show has a J-Roc who HAS to be the inspiration for caller J-Roc.

• What network is that on? I’ve never heard of it.

It’s a different kind of show, but I’ve only recently seen some of “Impractical Jokers”. I don’t like everything they do. Sometimes it’s just plain rude and way over the line…sometimes in the way they treat others, but sometimes what they do to each other is over the line IMO. But it is hilarious other times. One of the best was when one of them had to talk to college students like he was a guest lecturer, and they shot his mouth full of Novocaine and made him say as many words that start with “s” as possible.

• Realme
      12:41 pm September 6, 2018 Permalink

I don’t know where it came from, it’s set in Canada but Netflix has it. I’m warning you it’s stupid.

My favorite Impractical Jokers is when they made each other walk up to people in restaurants and eat food off their plates. But there have been a lot of episodes that had me crying laughing. Knowing that the confused / angry bystanders are going to be told it was a tv show after the fact makes it a little less cringeworthy.

5. secrick
    11:03 am September 6, 2018 Permalink

I keep hearing that Ky has no Quarterback by people coming in to the Office and you know people just talking in general. Isn’t it way to early to jump to that conclusion?

6. CATandMONKEY
    11:03 am September 6, 2018 Permalink

Pitino is like Lestat after he was dumped in the swamp by Louis and Claudia. Living only on the blood of frogs, worms and rats.

7. Lebron get Lavar to shut up? I doubt it. If the co-owner of the team can’t shut him up, why would a player?

8. How has the show been? Any updates on how they think Terry will play? I’ve been busy on the Pensky file again. (sorry, I love that episode)

• Realme
      12:42 pm September 6, 2018 Permalink

Good Lemond family stories to start the show on Tuesday.