Gearing up for Day 2 of SEC Tournament (Thursday Show Thread)

17039231_1456494284383980_4667089782267651627_o

Good morning friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from a hotel room in downtown Nashville. Tune in to hear the guys recap night one of the SEC Tournament, which included Missouri’s stunning upset, even more stunning remarks by their fired head coach Kim Anderson, and a fun night in the KSR suite. What does Day 2 have in store for us? You’ll have to tune in to find out.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

35 Comments for Gearing up for Day 2 of SEC Tournament (Thursday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:09 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

How about BTI’s article pointing out the tough draws Duke gets in the NCAA tourney?
    Yeah, you have to watch those Lehighs and Mercers.

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:12 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

I think Georgia, Alabama, Vandy, & Ole Miss make it out of today alive. Wouldn’t be shocked if I’m 75% wrong though! Missouri loses regardless.

• ukjaybrat
      11:23 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

yeah i like those same picks. but i wouldnt be surprised if MSU upsets Bama. they looked REALLY good last night (although it was JUST LSU)

3. That Kim Anderson video, wow.

BTW, the 4 Auburn basketball fans are melting down today.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:18 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

Think he’ll have a job somewhere else next season? Kim Anderson is a [email protected]$$.

4. CATandMONKEY
    10:41 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

Kind of on the Kim Anderson wagon now.

• runningunnin.454
      10:43 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

Not a fan of firing coaches before the end of the season…leaves the team out at sea.
      The worst was Les Miles; averaged 10+ wins/year over 10 years.

• ukjaybrat
      10:45 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

totally agree rg454. it’s fine if you fire him behind closed doors (so he can start looking, and you could start looking for a new coach on the DL). but to announce it to the world just seems wrong to me.

• CM Newton did that to Bill Curry. There was a story out there that said Curry was about to quit then and there, but his former DC Mike Archer called him up (he had gone to the Steelers by that time I think) and talked him out of it because of the example it would set for the players.

• And I agree with #i and #ii.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:48 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

Agree with both of you. His public cantankerousness has simply added to my support of him…of course his record may deserve a loss of job but the manner in which it occurred is not professional.

• I didn’t like the outburst, and not just because of my religious views, but it could come back to haunt him in his job search. I could be wrong. Maybe most coaches say stuff like that when they’re fired.

BTW, wasn’t he highly successful at a D2 school or something? If so, maybe he’s better off at a non-power 5 school.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:58 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

Kim Anderson was hired just after the investigation started into Haith’s tenure at Missouri. Anderson took a chance on Missouri, one not many coaches would take. The record speaks for itself, but to be honest, it’s hard for me to knock Anderson for it. Those sanctions are still ongoing right now. Hard to win games when sanctions from the previous coach has you forced into a corner.

5. catsarerunnin
    10:59 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

I’m a deplorable so I just don’t care…

6. runningunnin.454
    11:04 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

Anderson was at Central Missouri where he won a Div II National Championship.

• catsarerunnin
      11:10 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

Well any coach who wins a title at something called Central Missouri deserves the chance at the big time.

• runningunnin.454
      11:24 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

It gets worse….they’re the Central Missouri MULES.

• I think that nickname is AWESOME! I love it when someone has unusual ones instead of one of the old standbys.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:29 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

Someone, somwhere is currently offended by that nickname.

• ukjaybrat
      11:34 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

better hurry up and change it to appease them.

• runningunnin.454
      11:35 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

Some of my favorites are the Gauchos, Anteaters, Horned Frogs, Jackrabbits, and the d-league team, the Mad Ants….don’t want to mess with a Mad Ant.

• catsarerunnin
      11:44 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

Well Gamecocks still is the best. Just something about cheerleaders yelling “let’s go C*cks!”. Although A-N-T-S Ants! Ants! Ants! is kinda cool and weird.

• runningunnin.454
      11:51 am March 9, 2017 Permalink

Let’s go Peay is good, too.
      And you’re right, the Carolina cheerleaders love the….never mind, I can’t do it.

• catsarerunnin