Gearing up for a huge week (Monday Show Thread)

USATSI_8483548_154849602_lowres

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the guys return to the studio after a crazy weekend in Cleveland to recap UK’s wild wins over West Virginia and Notre Dame. Have you caught up on all the sleep you missed? Me neither. Grab another cup of coffee and settle in, because this is the week we’ve all been waiting for.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm

32 Comments for Gearing up for a huge week (Monday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:55 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

38-Oh yeah!! 2 AWAY! What a game… I really hope we don’t have that again Saturday but I am afraid we will.

Any idea who is doing the fan-cast for the games? I would love to see Uncle Matt do it.

Going to be a GREAT WEEK!

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:01 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

A Kentucky win & a Louisville loss. Good weekend right there.

3. BobKYCats
    10:04 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m still recovering from the ND game.

Fitting though, that we’d have to beat ND to get to Indy.

4. TK
    10:06 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

West Virginia game had Ky resident and Fan Steve Zahn a little worked up and he had some advice for the guys. http://www.snappytv.com/tc/530906/112457

5. Mc12
    10:10 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

Potential match-ups against the two biggest floppers in college basketball currently in Kaminsky and then Tyus Jones.

I hope Towns keeps his arms straight up as Kaminsky flops into him every time. It’s really pathetic.

This Wisconsin team whines way more than any team I’ve seen this season, yet you never hear anything about their attitude or body language after a “bad call”. Weird.

• Mc12
      10:34 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

He also needs to be careful backing Frank the Flop down in the paint too.

• UKfaninLou
      12:27 pm March 30, 2015 Permalink

Watching Frank I also noticed he hooks the defender’s arm, then twists and gets the foul call every time. And he sure is a crybaby. Go Cats!

6. Rixter
    10:13 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

Everybody is complaining because Cal said UK didn’t play well. But UK didn’t play well, what was he supposed to say? He did say ND played a great game, but because he told the truth and said we didn’t play well, he’s catching flack. Truth is, if UK plays great, this IS NOT a classic game, Cats win by 15

• Time Expired
      10:21 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

If Lyles doesn’t pass the ball right to ND four times the Cats win this by 8-10 pts. I hope his final four jitters are over from here on.

• J-Dub421
      10:38 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

Because other fan bases like to pretend that they only hate UK because Cal is a “cheater” and a “slimeball” and all UK fans are redneck and jerks. People try to act like the BBN is the only fan base with *ssholes. Everyone is looking for reasons to hate us, and looking for reasons to be offended.

7. houndstooth
    10:14 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

With 6 minutes to go I was like Matt time to get your A$$ in the shower!

8. Azubuike's Bicep
    10:15 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

I’m having a panic attack listening to Matt’s recap!

9. Rixter
    10:15 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

Ryan caught the equipment, and Matt caught Ashley Judd?

A microcosm of life……

10. houndstooth
    10:19 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

does this make us tied with North Carolina for most final four appearances?

11. James
    10:21 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

National analysis
    Ky with multiple McDonalds All Americans escapes Notre Dame by 2 points = Ky has played a weak schedule
    Duke with the same number of McDonalds All Americans as Ky, loses 2 out 3 games with ND= Ky hasn’t played anybody

• J-Dub421
      10:43 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

You forgot:
      UK is ruining college basketball.
      UK has nothing but one and dones and they don’t care about the school.
      UK pays their players and they don’t ever go to class.
      Cal is a cheater.
      UK is nothing but an NBA factory.

Did I forget any?

12. RealCatsFan
    10:25 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

Saturday morning I pulled my deodorant out of the drawer and refused to use it because it said “Irish Spring” on it = bad omen. Borrowed the wife’s instead. Awesome or weird?

• bouzoukiman
      10:29 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

Funny. Just funny. ๐Ÿ™‚

Seriously, I chuckled. I’m not superstitious, but this mojo stuff is funny.

• bouzoukiman
      10:30 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

Hopefully it wasn’t TOO feminine a brand! They used to have one called Manpower Deodorant. Maybe buy that if it’s still out there. ๐Ÿ™‚

• RealCatsFan
      10:41 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

Let’s just say, strong enough for a man, even if made for a woman. ๐Ÿ™‚

13. James
    10:26 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

Rick Pitino is one of the greatest Coaches at preparing his teams for March=
    14 years in Louisville , 3 final 4s

John Calipari can’t coach, 6 years at Ky , 4 final 4s

• Rixter
      10:32 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

Plus, he cheats.
      All these Final Fours will be vacated.
      Anybody could coach 9 all-americans to the Final Four. Did I miss any?

• J-Dub421
      10:44 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

He can’t coach, all he does is recruit…..

14. bouzoukiman
    10:28 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

To follow up on comment #1, are there actually going to be homer broadcasts this year? I did a Google search and couldn’t find anything. If they were doing them (even if they haven’t revealed the announcers), wouldn’t it at least have been announced?

I’ll repeat what I said last year: they ought to just use all the team’s radio guys. Pipe in Tom & Mike: boom, done. That’s not original with me. Steve Czaban on Yahoo Sports Radio said it last year.

Either way, I guess we know King Rex won’t be doing it this year.

• Rixter
      10:34 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

Rex could get out a rehab for a night. Or have his ankle band turned off. I forget where he is in his criminal odyssey

15. houndstooth
    10:28 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

UK in final four, Football team gets some good commitments, baseball and softball team beat LSU… All is right in the world again.

16. Time Expired
    10:31 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

Everytime I think UK will lose we win so maybe that is my thing.

17. Rixter
    10:36 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

This team has a ‘Will(ie) To Win’

18. BTownUKFan
    10:38 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

I like the full picture with Andrew running up the court with a big grin on his face, I guess you had to cut it down to fit. It’s going to be a long week and I work with a bunch of folks from Green Bay, I just hope everyone comes to play on Saturday and we take care of business.
    GO CATS !!

19. J-Dub421
    10:49 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

Duke and Gonzaga are basically the same team (similar styles of play). Duke is just better.

20. Realme
    11:02 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

I think my mojo thing is having insomnia. Haven’t had a good night’s sleep since daylight savings time, and don’t expect that I will until after the season ends. It sucks, but I am willing to do my part.

21. J-Dub421
    11:19 am March 30, 2015 Permalink

How is Bo Ryan a Hall of Fame candidate with Coach Cal???? What has Bo Ryan ever won???