Gang’s all here in studio (Monday Show Thread)

The KSR Summer Tour is taking a small break today with all four of us in studio for a fun two hours. So tune in as we talk about life, love and the pursuit of happiness, as well as anything else that may pop up.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

39 Comments for Gang’s all here in studio (Monday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:21 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

Hi.

• Booby Petrino
      10:30 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

Mornin!

• J-Dub421
      11:02 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

You all aren’t morning people are you? Ba humbug.

• Realme
      11:04 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

Lord, no. Mornings are the worst.

• J-Dub421
      11:13 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

Agreed. Night owls unite!

• Booby Petrino
      11:14 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

My coworkers aren’t even allowed to talk to me until 9am lol

• Realme
      11:15 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

BP, that’s an excellent rule.

• RealCatsFan
      11:37 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

I was a night owl last night, but not by intention. Woke up at 3:33 AM, and could not fall back to sleep. πŸ™

• ClutchCargo
      11:38 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

And here I thought I was a psycho for wanting to punch anyone who says “good morning” before I’ve had my morning coffee.

2. Steady
    10:25 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

When are going to post the “things to do in the Bahama’s” information?

• Avoid the crime ridden areas, eat seafood, and go to the beach. πŸ˜‰

• Steady
      10:55 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

Insightful and thorough. First konch on me.

• JK dude. I’ve never been but would LOVE to take a vacation that includes:

1) The tropics, AND…
      2)) UK basketball.

It would be the coolest. In all seriousness, if you get to go, have fun and stay safe!

• J-Dub421
      11:03 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

Definitely go snorkeling. It’s fun! Just don’t wear anything shiney.

• Realme
      11:12 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

Steady, in case you’re not listening, Matt said there’s a travel guide going up tonight.

• Steady
      11:31 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

Thank you Realme. πŸ™‚

3. Realme
    10:32 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

I’ve been assuming Terry would start because he was always featured in the PR. Until the posters came out, which don’t feature either qb. I still will be surprised if Gunnar ends up being the guy.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:32 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

Did you hear Finebaum show? Caller from Alabama said winner of UK vs S. Car would go undefeated, and be in SEC Championship game…LOL.

• Realme
      10:34 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

I listened to the Vanetti part so far. Wonder what fan base the caller was from.

• runningunnin.454
      10:40 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

He was a Bama fan; and, he thinks Georgia will have a losing record haha ha.

• Realme
      10:42 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

If there’s one thing those Bama fans bring to the show, it’s intelligence.

• RealCatsFan
      11:50 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

Realme, add to that an amazing lack of self-awareness. πŸ˜‰

5. Realme
    10:39 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

Matt recapping what he said on other shows is riveting stuff.

6. We all like to bust on MJ from time to time, but in his defense, why would ESPN be so controlling of the topics with a sub host unless you know he’s got a more broad knowledge of sports than Matt does? Square peg round hole anyone? Like many guys, I always thought it would be fun to be a sportscaster, but if I was at an anchor desk or hosted a national radio talk show, I would have to pretend that I give a rip about golf, soccer, and NASCAR. Ugh.

7. Realme
    10:43 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

I am also Team Platoon. I loved it, and it worked great.

• Same. And I don’t understand why it allegedly hurt recruiting when you look at the draft picks and the $$$ from that group. It just goes to show you, though, none of that matters to some players because some of them will never be happy if they can’t jack it up 50 times a game like Trey Young.

• runningunnin.454
      11:06 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

And evidently like KyKy.

• ClutchCargo
      11:07 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

Devin Booker’s massive contract should be all the ammo anyone needs to shoot down the negative recruiting re: platoons. The guy wasn’t even a starter on that team.

• J-Dub421
      11:09 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

I don’t know if I’ve ever been as happy or relieved to not get a player as I was went Trae Young went elsewhere.

8. runningunnin.454
    11:05 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

LOL, trying to keep up with two KSR threads…getting dizzy.

9. BluKudzu
    11:30 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

Kalik beer with coconut rum. Look for my man Freddy walking the beach with a box of shaved Ice, fresh picked coconuts, and several bottles of coconut rum.
    You can get anything you want, on the beach.
    Braids and beads, jewelry, nails painted, weed, whatever. Waiting for meals is a thing, service is not great.
    Budweiser cost $6.00, most everything is imported.
    Hit the Merv Griffin resort and casino, be careful what you ask for.
    Remember to look both ways twice before crossing the roads. Driving is very different there.
    It is fun, but, you know how lucky you are to be in the USA.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:39 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

I have to agree with Matt that someone who hates music is probably a psychopath. Hell, they have no soul. I think even Hitler liked music. Charles Manson liked the Beatles. πŸ˜‰

• runningunnin.454
      11:49 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

I think Manson lived with Dennis Wilson; lucky to escape that one.

• Realme
      11:52 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

Sounds like psychopaths DO like music. People who don’t like music are probably aliens.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      12:17 pm July 30, 2018 Permalink

Charles Manson was a musician/song writer. The Beach Boys recorded one of his songs.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:49 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

Asian carp are yet another example of invasive species screwing up the environment. This is a bigger threat to nature than pollution and along with climate change, could make the outside world look a LOT different to our kids and their kids than it does now. And not in a good way. I have become intimately aware of this since I have had to deal with taking down 15 or 20 trees on my lot from various exotic pests.