Further proof that LaVar Ball is a crazy person

When it’s all said and done and the dust settles and the Ball family flakes out of the high school and college basketball spotlights, I think LaVar Ball, father of all those Ball boys, will go down as one of the craziest sports parents of all time.

I mean the guy has already admitted to picking a wife that would help him breed future NBA basketball players. He once said, “We’ve put this together from a while ago, from me picking out my wife. I had a lot of little cute shorties but there wasn’t anybody tall and like a stallion like she was.”

He also guaranteed a UCLA championship in November, which, actually, isn’t as crazy as it sounded at the time (before the Bruins beat Kentucky in Rupp Arena):

But now LaVar Ball has gone way too far.

Now he’s saying Lonzo Ball is better than Steph Curry:

“Hey, let me tell you this right now. I have the utmost confidence in what my boy is doing. I’m gonna tell you right now, he better than Steph Curry to me… Put Steph Curry on UCLA’s team right now and put my boy on Golden State and watch what happens… Like I said, if I don’t know what my boy is about, I’m not going to make that statement. Steph’s going to have problems trying to guard my boy. Play 1-on-1!”

Lonzo Ball is very good and he will soon be a very rich man, but come on now. Better than the reigning two-time NBA MVP?

Come on now.

Article written by Drew Franklin

7 Comments for Further proof that LaVar Ball is a crazy person

1. Rick_S
    12:59 pm February 19, 2017 Permalink

He an idiot and doing this for pub and you just feed the troll…Be smarter Drew..Don’t post this crap.

2. WeareBBN
    1:56 pm February 19, 2017 Permalink

Yep, is all a PR and hype stunt. Happens all the time as we saw with Skal. Same with his kids in high school, they play no defense and just let them shoot anytime from anywhere. I saw stats from one game where one of his kids was like 6-37 from the field, not sure of exact numbers but it was something stupid like that, I would not want any of them in a UK uniform.

3. WeareBBN
    2:02 pm February 19, 2017 Permalink

Plus what is his guarantee? A guarantee means something is on the line. So if they don’t win what is he giving up? All he did is run his mouth, he did not guarantee anything. How bout this Mr. Ball, if {when} UCLA does not win a title you will never say another word, that is a guarantee.

4. keiths
    3:26 pm February 19, 2017 Permalink

He’s an idiot

5. blueballs80
    3:39 pm February 19, 2017 Permalink

Sometimes the parents need to learn how to STFU. I am sure Lonzo is embarrassed already by his dads comments.

6. lribookend
    4:56 pm February 19, 2017 Permalink

Fathers think their boys are going to be the greatest, mothers swear their boys are good boys who would never do anything wrong (like committing crimes). Delusional parents are funny to listen to. They are so confident in their delusions, not realizing that the rest of the world is laughing at them…..oh well.

7. ABthetruth502
    11:12 am February 20, 2017 Permalink

His youngest son consistently shoots half court shots just to show boat in hs games, just to trend in social media… Quite the team mate