Fultz has no plans to take official visit to Kentucky

Markelle Fultz is currently on his official visit to Louisville as Rick Pitino’s program picks up momentum in the five-star guard’s recruitment. The last five predictions on Fultz’s Crystal Ball are for Louisville, and his mentor, Keith Williams, believes UofL is in excellent position right now.

Fultz will take an official to Arizona next and then he’ll take a third visit, to the University of Washington, in the near future.

Kentucky, though still in the mix, will not get another visit.

“Markelle knows what he needs to know about Kentucky,” Williams told 247 Sports.

There was a time when Fultz-to-UK was almost a certainty. One national analyst, Jerry Meyer, said last week, “From what I hear and what I know, I would kind of be shocked if he doesn’t end up at Kentucky.”

So do these official visits to other schools mean he’s taking one last lap to confirm Kentucky is the one? Or is he cooling on the Cats and exploring other options?

Fultz wants to make his decision quickly after the summer circuit, so we should be hearing something from him in the coming weeks.

Article written by Drew Franklin

15 Comments for Fultz has no plans to take official visit to Kentucky

1. Shelby
    5:59 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

Absolutely no reason whatsoever for an elite talent to attend UL; Pitino simply ruins hs all americans: blackshear, behannon, siva, etc… The man completely confuses and destroys the confidence of elite players. If he goes to louisville, he apparently wants to be a 2nd round pick–in 3 years.

• Mr. T
      5:45 am August 6, 2015 Permalink

………………..I pity the Fultz,

• Johnny
      9:52 am August 6, 2015 Permalink

Blackshear had 2 severe shoulder injuries his freshman year, and never regained his confidence. Chane was well on his way, but got in his own damn way in spite of Pitino keeping his pot habit under wraps. Siva was too small for the NBA.

However we won a national championship with all three of them… So there is that.

• Dude
      1:59 pm August 6, 2015 Permalink

Johnny – It took ya long enough! 13 years under ‘HOFCRP’ and 26 years in all. Kudos!

It must be nice to brag on the message boards with other fans that you have as many titles as UConn. 😉

“We won it first…. HahaahaHaaaahaha!” – John Calipari

Blackshear got hurt, “loses confidence for the next 3 years” (under the tutelage of a Hall of Fame coach notorious for developing players), gets a pass.

Siva was too small (D.J. Augustin, JJ Barea, Aaron Brooks, Will Bynum, Jameer Nelson, Ty Lawson, Kemba Walker, Trey Burke, Nate Robinson, Isaiah Thomas, Patty Mills, all of which are shorter than Siva, say hello) gets a pass.

Chane, I think, got a pass, even after Pitino swept breaking NCAA rules and University policies under the rug (you admitted it yourself).

I guess UK players don’t get the same passes, huh?

2. Doron Lamb
    6:23 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

I am running out of money again so I will tweet a hint of what goes down at Kentucky. When my tweet is removed that’s when you know I got paid.

Three goggle y’all

• CardFan502
      8:58 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

We can only hope, dawg.

• Pasadena Post
      1:56 am August 6, 2015 Permalink

Hey “Doron Lamb”, I think you’ll take great interest in this:

• Pasadena Post
      1:57 am August 6, 2015 Permalink

Trust us, its legit.

2 legit 2 quit.

• Whistle Blower
      4:15 am August 6, 2015 Permalink

That “article” was written in March. This “whistle blower” never surfaced, and no investigation of any sort has been started in 5+ months since then. Also, that web page looks like it was made with a website builder like tripod or something, and further research into the “Pasadena Post” brings up nothing outside references to the page itself. Finally, after a cursory reading, it was fraught with grammatical and spelling errors that would not have been allowed into the final draft of any self-respecting publication. Therefore, just to the average person, all evidence points to that page being bogus. At best, it was someone yanking the author’s chain; at worst (and I would say far more likely), it was a Calipari and / or UK and / or World Wide Wes hater deliberately attempting to sabotage their reputation. Might I suggest, “Pasadena Post”, that you try harder?

3. Kyblue34
    6:36 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

I don’t disagree with you about Pitino, but I don’t see what all the fuss is about Fultz. I know he is ranked five stars, but from the videos and box scores I’ve seen, I have not been impressed with him at all. He seems to be a very athletic slasher, but that’s about it. Has been a poor outside shooter and defender on the summer circuit. So, I don’t really consider him to be an elite talent, especially compared to Fox, Smith, Monk, Alkins, etc. I don’t see him being one and done no matter where he goes. Plus, it doesn’t sound like Cal and the staff have made him much of a priority, or else I would think they would be pushing him to at least come for his official visit. After all, Fultz has said multiple times that UK is his “dream” school. Don’t get me wrong I would take a commit from Fultz, but more as a role player coming off the bench.

4. Bottom Line
    6:51 am August 6, 2015 Permalink

Fultz is one of a few players that have both parents. Cal can’t get him because the parents will not accept the gifts and handouts given to many of UK’s top recruits.

• J-Dub421
      10:39 am August 6, 2015 Permalink

You should send all of your actual evidence to the NCAA immediately. I’m sure they would be very interested.

Kentucky doesn’t have to pay players.

• Dude
      1:03 pm August 6, 2015 Permalink

“One of a few players that have both parents”

Wow.

5. Dude
    1:02 pm August 6, 2015 Permalink

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

6. UKALLDAY
    4:36 pm August 6, 2015 Permalink

Well I really wanted him before then I saw Rawle play in Adidas Nation, from then I thought we don’t need him. Cal likes 2 scorers on his team last year is was Aaron and Booker this year will be Briscoe and Murray. So give us Rawle and Monk. THANKS