Friday Evening Notes From The Couch

It’s been a long day here on Kentucky-Sports-Radio-dot-com and I can’t look at the computer screen much longer, but I have a few more words for you tonight before I shut it down. So read these, if you want, and then get back to whatever it is you are doing to kick off your weekend.

John Calipari and Tony Barbee are out recruiting again tonight. The two Kentucky coaches were spotted at the second Under Armour event of the season (UAA II) in Indianapolis. Kenny Payne is also in Indianapolis, taking in the action at the Nike EYBL event.

Cal was in Murfreesboro last night for a Boys & Girls Clubs of Rutherford County event. Here’s a video from his evening from the Daily News Journal:

The second and third rounds of the NFL draft are underway and going strong. It’s still a little early to be looking out for Jon Toth or Boom Williams, but Toth shouldn’t be too far away, although probably tomorrow. Last night he tweeted his disappointment in not being the first overall pick:

Did you see the video of the Jimmy John’s employee keeping his cool while being robbed at gunpoint? Incredible composure here by the cashier who was not intimidated by the gun, which appeared to be jammed anyway:

I love how slowly he takes off the gloves to hand over the cash. Not a care in the world.

That idiot got arrested by the way.

I’m really bummed American Psycho lost to Titanic in the second round of our KSR Movie Madness bracket today. Good thing I made these delicious Shake Shack-style burgers tonight to help me get over the sadness.

FullSizeRender

It’s movie night at the Franklin house if you’re bored. Got an extra burger left if you’re hungry. Get in here.

Today we learned Bam Adebayo listened to Whitney Houston before games. Bam didn’t say it on air during his KSR interview, but as they were leaving the studio one of the guys with him asked why he didn’t admit to listening to Whitney on game days. I think that’s something his fans and our listeners would’ve loved to have known.

UK Baseball is up big at South Carolina right now. Currently 11-0!

Go Cats. Happy Friday.

Article written by Drew Franklin

7 Comments for Friday Evening Notes From The Couch

1. BBaxterUK
    10:21 pm April 28, 2017 Permalink

Did u watch titanic already

2. bhb71
    10:25 pm April 28, 2017 Permalink

Please tell me you watched Wall torch the Hawks tonight. He has established himself as the best PG in the East, and I don’t think it’s even debatable.

3. syrin23
    12:43 am April 29, 2017 Permalink

If Obama had a son….

• Big DAWG Loggin
      7:57 am April 29, 2017 Permalink

He’d be the stoic bi-racial young man behind the register wearing JJ cap.

• catsarerunnin
      12:06 pm April 29, 2017 Permalink

If Obama had a son he would be enjoying all the money rolling in from 400K speeches his supposedly anti-rich,anti-big business,anti-Wall Street father is currently making to rich,big business,Wall Street folk. No hypocrisy at all….

• JusSayin
      12:29 pm April 29, 2017 Permalink

~Random black guy robs someone.~ “Well if Obama had a son…”
      Seems legit. ~sarcasm off~

PS: catsarerunnin I don’t even like Obama… but Trump was a “populist” candidate with a net worth of 3.5 billion lol. He doesn’t exactly qualify as a salt of the earth common man. Which is okay.

But I tell you what…for people who want KSR to “stick to sports”, y’all certainly spend a lot of time bringing up politics.

4. syrin23
    1:25 pm April 29, 2017 Permalink

Trump never made that pretense and was never heralded as Black Jesus from the streets here to save the common man. The sports media, according to a recent study, is MORE liberal than the general state media. When polled 95+% of sports “journalists” are democrat, and die hard at that. Sports is in general a conservative thing, so when these journalists go all politics, it’s ALWAYS one sided, and the rare times it’s not, as with Curt Schilling they get fired for saying something that is verifiably proven while other “journalists” spout hate filled opinions not supported by facts, yet get prime time positions.