Fraud, Yahtzee, and Is Matt Rude? (Tuesday Show Thread)

hey-kentucky-matt-first-show

Today on Kentucky Sports Radio, the guys tackle some big topics: the fraud charges facing a former UK Basketball staffer, a big football Yahtzee, and the most important of them all, whether or not Matt’s rude. Oh boy. You’re going to want to tune in to this one.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

43 Comments for Fraud, Yahtzee, and Is Matt Rude? (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. bluetide
    10:01 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

Matt’s as nice as can be at remotes and spends plenty of time talking with folks.

It’s just the moving along of the radio show and keeping it interesting that makes him cut off callers and come off as rude.

• Realme
      10:06 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

He does tip over into rude occasionally, but I can’t judge. I’m usually thinking ruder things about the caller than he says. I appreciate that he doesn’t let people who believe they are more interesting than they are drone on and on.

2. secrick
    10:11 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

You have to remember he has to talk to people like me and needs to be rude sometimes.

3. Realme
    10:16 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

That’s the problem. Average callers think of themselves as “The Joann” or Dalton, who thinks he should be asked to host the show. Becoming a KSR personality is something that happens organically. It doesn’t just mean you call a lot.

• J-Dub421
      10:37 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

A lot of them think they’re funny and interesting too when they’re not.

• Realme, it worked for Kentucky Joe. 😉

• Realme
      11:20 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

Ky Joe is like Billy. He became a thing by being to hilariously awful. I like that better than people that think the whole state wants to know what they had for breakfast.

• ukjaybrat
      11:33 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

i had oatmeal… green apple and cinnamon

• Realme
      11:34 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

OMG, are you THE UKJay?

• ukjaybrat
      11:38 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

you know it !

4. Rebecca
    10:35 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

Maybe sometimes can come across rude but I think we need a Monday segment where we hear about JoAnn’s weekend!

5. runningunnin.454
    10:40 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

Can’t listen to show…thankfully; is this all we got?
    Okay, yeah he’s rude.
    Court adjourned.

6. J-Dub421
    10:57 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

I could theoretically work with my husband as we work in very different fields and wouldn’t really interact much if at all. On the whole though, I’m in favor of not dating/having a relationship with someone you work with.

• Realme
      11:07 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

I couldn’t. If we take on a landscaping project together I kind of want to kill him by the time we’re done. Couldn’t imagine working together long term.

• When I’m trying to accomplish something like putting something together, I can’t concentrate because my wife always interrupts with her advice. 🙂

On a serious note, though, she SOMETIMES turns out to be right.

• ukjaybrat
      11:30 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

but you can’t ever tell her that or she will give you more advice… (sorry ladies)

• Realme
      11:37 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

You know if I were you, Chris and Jay, I would…

Just kidding.

• J-Dub421
      11:40 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

My husband and I have successfully assembled furniture on several occasions without incident.

• RealCatsFan
      11:53 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

As far as working with my wife, I’ll just say this: After spending half my life trying to find Miss Right, I finally succeeded. I just didn’t realize at the time that her first name is Always. 🙂

• ^^^THIS!^^^ 🙂

• meeksfor3
      12:04 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

So RealCatsFan you are saying Matt would make a great wife for someone?

7. Bleedblueky
    11:09 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

As a loyal KSR listener since day one, I don’t think Matt is rude at all and actually, I do admire how he stays cool when dealing with these self inflated fans on daily basis 🙂 lol

8. katmandue2you
    11:09 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

Honestly…
    First off, I find Matt’s voice to be grading regardless. And I know many who feel the same. Is he rude? Couldn’t see how anyone could say otherwise. I have always thought as much and he cements that by posing questions to the audience and then cutting them off before having any idea what they are about to say if he thinks its not what he wants to hear. I’m convinced he wears a clothes pin on his nose when he goes to the john cause seems to me he thinks his s**t dont stink. Just sayin. It’s kinda funny cause if I had to compare him to two people as far as rude it would be Donald Trump and Rush Limbaugh. Neither seem to have any inkling of their own persona. I guess that’s proof enough that rude sells.

And Matt…Chris Stapleton’s album was released last Friday May 5th. Seems to me someone as judgemental about music as you would be on top of the Chris Stapleton phenomenon….East Kentucky boy breaking new ground and saving country music and music in general one song at a time.

• ukjaybrat
      11:14 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

why would he wear a clothes pin if he thinks his sh!t don’t stink? wouldn’t he not wear anything?

• J-Dub421
      11:21 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

It’s grating, not grading.

• CatBlue in LR
      10:44 am May 10, 2017 Permalink

Dogma, thy name is Matt.

9. Realme
    11:13 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

I don’t think it’s overly negative to wait until this guy signs to get excited, is it? Football commitments don’t mean much until we know they’ll stay on board.

10. I tuned in late (I’ve been doing PT for a bum shoulder), but that clip speeded (sped?) up was cracking me up!

11. J-Dub421
    11:38 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

That song was disturbing.

• Realme
      11:40 am May 9, 2017 Permalink

I wish I could un-hear it.

12. meeksfor3
    12:03 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

He can be rude to both callers and his cohorts when they don’t agree with him. He truly thinks his opinion on any subject is always the correct one. I have noticed Ryan don’t even try to disagree anymore because he will tell him he is stupid. Shannon and Drew do at least disagree with him occasionally. .

13. madarchitect
    1:36 pm May 9, 2017 Permalink

The most logical way to look at this would be to disassociate Matt from Kentucky in your head and then decide what your opinion of him is. Done.