Franklin County Sheriff wants drug dealers to rat on each other

Well this is an interesting play. The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office is encouraging drug dealers to rat on their competition by submitting information to the police.

“We offer a free service to help you eliminate your drug competition,” the flyer reads.

Sheriff Pat Melton told WKYT,¬†“We’ve got our community engaged.¬†People are looking at it. They’re talking about it. And you know, if we can get a good tip and get a good drug dealer off the streets, all the more.”

If you’re selling drugs in or around Franklin County and would like to turn your biggest rival in to increase your market, here’s the form you need to complete and submit:

It seems silly, but someone will do it.

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for Franklin County Sheriff wants drug dealers to rat on each other

1. deWildcat
    5:02 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

That is outstanding – but by reporting your competition isn’t one confirming that they are in the drug business too!!!

Real sneaky and I bet a few take the bait.

2. Stevem
    5:16 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

This is basically an open-air sting which will probably result in several arrests…..of both competitors and the rats. You can never underestimate the intelligence of the criminal class

3. Rick Simpson Oil
    5:22 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

What’s ridiculous is that these so-called protectors and servers of
    society are criminalizing a plant that if legalized, would not only
    help put Mexican drug lords out of business, it would help Kentucky
    immensely in taxes and jobs created, but would be a great asset for
    people dealing with things like fibromyalgia, Chrohn’s Disease,
    arthritis, anxiety, and countless other diseases.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Reynold'sAluminumFoil
      6:04 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Technically as a law enforcement official he didn’t make possession of marijuana illegal. He just locks up folks who produce, distribute and/or buy it, receives property and cash from the aforementioned criminals and spends it on the law enforcement industrial complex. More officers and equipment to arrest more criminals to create more revenue to pay more officers and buy more equipment to arrest more criminals, lather, rinse, repeat. So yeah, overall I get your point. When law enforcement has equipment on par with the military (see: helicopters) we have officially reached police state status. And it all creeps on and on (hey! Creeper!) as a fat, lazy, disconnected electorate ignores the freedoms being taken away. Like the freedom from being surveilled for no good reason.

• JoeMoney333
      8:41 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

I find it fascinating that people in America, especially southern conservatives are much more terrified of a 1984 type future when it is actually a Brave New World type future they are living in.

• CatsFanFrankfort
      1:57 pm August 5, 2015 Permalink

I am from Frankfort, and I assure you that pills and heroin are a much larger problem than marijuana. You will notice that Sheriff Melton doesn’t specify any drugs in the release. The larger issue is the addictive substances in this state. I promise that those are of more concern than a little weed.

4. WhatHeReallyWants...
    5:28 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

…is media attention. Election time approacheth.

5. Bluebloodtoo
    5:39 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

Ummm.. .yeah. Inciting a riot comes to mind….

6. andy
    6:10 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

TAlk about a potential bloodbath.

7. jeff j
    6:25 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

keep burning witches & we,ll all be dead . /////how completely ignorant is this

8. Mr. Obvious
    8:24 pm August 4, 2015 Permalink

So it takes that form to report the competition. Couldn’t they already rat out the competition with, I dunno, an anonymous call from a payphone? LOL, if I was a dealer, I’d fill out about a hundred of those forms on every law abiding citizen I knew, just to keep the cops chasing their own tails and too busy to look for me! This is so stupid

• JOAN RIVERS
      8:07 am August 5, 2015 Permalink

EXACTLY! WHO IS TO SAY SOMEONE ELSE ISN’T THINKING THE SAME WAY, YOU KNOW A PRANK ON PEOPLE. I MEAN WILL THIS GIVE THEM ENOUGH FOR A SEARCH WARRANT OR PROBABLE CAUSE? I DON’T THINK IT WOULD BE A VERY EFFECTIVE METHOD.

9. satcheluk
    11:17 am August 5, 2015 Permalink

They should have made it a cash reward system and required contact info with signature so they could get in touch with the reward. I imagine some morons would have fallen for that.