Happy Birthday Frank Oz. I am really hoping J.J Abrams gives you and us the gift we all want this year, which is to see you reprise your amazing role as Yoda somehow. I know we can all use a break from Miss Piggy and would like to see you back on the screen handing out wisdom and teaching people how to kick some butt. In fact, it is a travesty you were ever(SPOILER ALERT) killed in the first place and I cannot be happy on your birthday knowing you and Yoda will not be back in this next ‘episode’. Now I am depressed.
Well. On to this morning’s links.
– Kentucky Kingdom is back open and it had an awesome first day yesterday. It has been 5 long years since that horrible accident closed down the park, but now after a full renovation it can get back on track. If you want the excitement of reading about what a roller coaster is like, then boy have I got an article for you.
– Kentucky men’s golf team is tied for 21st after 18 holes at the NCAA Championship. The UK team posted a score of 8-over par yesterday to complete the first round. Ben Stow has been leading the team with 2-under par, which is a tie for 15th place over all.
– Avery Williamson’s departure from the Football team is really starting to sink in. This article goes into details with the uncertainty of who will fill his position with the team next season. While Kentucky has many linebackers on the roster, the true heir to the throne is not known at the moment. Maybe we should just wait and be surprised like we are in football every year?
– A former University of Kentucky women’s golfer captured her first career win. Mallory Blackwelder captured the win after a two-shot victory over Emily Tally in the 2014 Symetra Classic at Raintree Country Club in North Carolina.
– Top-seeded Florida rallied in the eighth inning to end Kentucky’s SEC Baseball Tournament bid yesterday. It was the first loss of the tournament for Kentucky and the Cats fell just short of the championship game. The Selection show for the NCAA Tournament starts Monday at noon on ESPNU.
– UK softball lost game one against the Cats yesterday, after a Bruins grand slam sealed the victory at 6-4. Kentucky will play as the home team in game two against UCLA today at 3:00 on ESPNU.
– Denver thinks James Young is too much of a celebrity for Denver. Shepherd asks the question of how much Denver wants to chance on the raw talent James Young is and the writer is worried that it might be a waste to draft him to just send him to the D-League.
I know, I know. It is a slow news day. So here is some non-Kentucky related news for you to start your day with.
First look at the set of Star Wars pic.twitter.com/m9VuiXMxPH
— Darth Vader (@DepressedDarth) May 22, 2014