Four UK signees in the Top 15 of the final 2016 Top247 Rankings

USATSI_9219038_154849602_lowres

Yesterday, ESPN released their final rankings for the 2016 basketball recruiting class, and today, 247 Sports followed suit. Most of UK’s signees slipped in the rankings, but four of the five are still in the top 15. Bam Adebayo and current targets Jarrett Allen and Marques Bolden moved up in the rankings, to #12, #17, and #18, respectively:

1. Josh Jackson, Kansas
2. Lonzo Ball, UCLA (↑2)
3. Harry Giles, Duke
4. Markelle Fultz, Washington (↑3)
5. Frank Jackson, Duke (↑7)
6. De’Aaron Fox, Kentucky (↓4)
7. Dennis Smith, NC State (↓1)
8. Jayson Tatum, Duke (↑2)
9. Jonathan Isaac, Florida State (↑2)
10. Malik Monk, Kentucky (↓5)

12. Bam Adebayo, Kentucky (↑3)
14. Wenyen Gabriel, Kentucky (↓6)
17. Jarrett Allen (↑13)
18. Marques Bolden (↑13)
24. Sacha Killeya-Jones, Kentucky (↓10)

Also of note: Turkish center Omer Yurtseven is #25 on the list. No word on if UK is still exploring him as an option for next season, but worth mentioning nonetheless. Also of note: Kentucky still has the #1 recruiting class over Duke.

Time to watch “Kentucky Reloaded” again:

[247 Sports]

17 Comments for Four UK signees in the Top 15 of the final 2016 Top247 Rankings

1. BobTheBuilder
    1:16 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

Great.. all of their rankings went down besides Bam’s. So much for “Cal’s best class ever”.. All top program’s will be very talented next year. We’ll need Isaiah and Marcus back to have any chance at #9.

2. symphonist41169
    1:20 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

I’m not trying to be negative and can’t wait for this incoming class to take the floor, but how can we have the #1 class with only 2 of the Top 10 and Dook has 3 of the Top 10? Is it because of Bam and Wenyan being so close to the Top 10?

• Mc12
      2:46 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

It is based on overall class and not just the names on this list. I’m surprised they put Isaac in the top 10. I also think Monk is a better PG than Frank Jackson even though Monk will primarily play SG (he’s good enough to do both) and FJ will run the point for Duke. I think Fox should be ahead of FJ. Bam will have a much bigger impact next season than Issac.

Really with the top 10 there’s not really one player that stands out against the others. It’s really good. I just think Isaac should be dropped to 13 or so, Bam should be top 10, and Ferguson should be up a few spots….just my opinion.

3. UKALLDAY1
    1:26 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

His best Class ever was the 2014 class. 3 lottery one and dones including KAT a player that might go down as one of the best basketball players of all time (He’s gonna be better than AD). Then the 4th person was Tyler who might the greatest UK point guard ever and might go lottery this year. Cal was just trying to get people hyped up by saying that (he said before a single recruit committed, so I think he assumed he was getting Bolden and Bridges). But don’t get it twisted the class is LOADED. Fox, Monk and Bam are going to do A LOT of damage right away. That 2014 was just so special, they are the best class of all time period not just at Kentucky.

4. Cals Hoverboard
    1:26 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

No Dukies dropped though. Even Giles stayed at #3 despite being out with a serious injury and an uncertain Freshman campaign ahead next year.

• FlatTopsAndBlockedShots
      3:58 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

Giles has missed two of his four high school seasons. Harry Giles being in the top 5 is just absurd, Paul Biancardi said when ranking recruits (at least at ESPN) they can’t get negatively effected by missing time to injury.

5. Sarahvah
    1:45 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

So how good is Lonzo Ball? I’ve never heard one thing about him all year

• Smyrna_Cat
      2:20 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

Good player. Very active and a great passer. Very athletic. But man does he have a busted jump shot. It is ugly, ugly, ugly.

• UKALLDAY1
      2:55 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

Lonzo Ball is the best point guard in the country. You do not see or hear much of him because he stays low key and did not play on any big travel circuit and he’s been committed to UCLA for like 5 years. Us out here in California know all about him, his team was #1 team in the nation and he won every major high school player of the year awards (Gatoraide, Max Preps, USA today ETC). I love D.Fox he’s great but Lonzo is just a little better. His shot is unorthodox but it goes in. We will all see for ourselves next year.

6. luvmycats15
    2:24 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

I don’t really think these rankings matter a whole lot. I still believe we r gonna be really good next year!!

• Owensboro80
      2:31 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

^^ #2 or #1 pre ranking…so yeah..not bad

7. Angelo
    2:42 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

I remember AD bouncing ahead of MKG, so maybe all this bouncing around is not bad.

• Bobbum Man
      3:17 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

That doesn’t make any sense

8. A_Blue_Wildcat
    3:27 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

Rankings really don’t mean too much, remember that Booker and Ulis were ranked between 20-30 on most peoples lists.

9. whack0001
    4:05 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

I don’t think rankings matter much at this point but someone explain to me how both coMVP’s of the McDonald’s all American game not only drop, but drop 4 and 5 spots? I’ve read nothing but rave reviews from the “experts” about Gabriel and he drops 6 spots?! Giles stays at 3?! What a joke

10. bigabes4uk
    5:03 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

LMAO Bam at 12 is ridiculous. Who is going to be able to guard him? I honestly can’t think of one player he will not abuse. You can’t really double as we got scorers at all 5 spots.

11. KevinM
    5:15 pm April 27, 2016 Permalink

Strength in numbers, and I dont’ think any other combo is better.

Bolden will only bolster our class when he decides. He’s waiting on us to confirm that scholly is in his name.

Ready for these guys to get to school now, and get a jump on this season.