@BeauAllen11

Momentum is rolling for the Kentucky football program on the recruiting trail, and things could get even better on Monday afternoon when 2020 four-star quarterback prospect Beau Allen makes his decision.

Allen, a 6-foot-2 pro-style quarterback out of Lexington, KY, is down to four schools: Kentucky, Washington State, West Virginia, and Duke.

In an interview with Woody Wommack of Rivals.com, Allen broke down each of those schools and why they might have a shot when he makes it official in just two days.

For Kentucky, it’s not so much about being from Lexington as to why he’s interested. It’s about the program’s recent success under Mark Stoops and how they would open up the offense a bit more with him under center.

“With Kentucky, their recent success has definitely a lot and being from the hometown probably doesn’t have that huge of a play into it as I’m looking for the type of people and the school and the offense,” he said. “And they have showed me how they are spreading out their offense more and throwing it more and going down field.”

As for Washington State, he’s comfortable with head coach Mike Leach and the style of play his teams always play with.

“With WSU, I really had a great visit and I really think coach Leach is a great coach and also a great person,” he said. “He talks with me about how I would be throwing the ball so much in his offense.”

With West Virginia, former Kentucky Wildcat Neal Brown is selling the uptempo offense he’s bringing to Morgantown with him.

“Coach Brown’s main message to me is that I would go great with their offense and their program,” he said. “I really like the people around the program and the fans and the offense.”

And finally with Duke, Allen says that he sees what the Blue Devils with quarterback Daniel Jones and thinks he could follow in his footsteps.

“With Duke, Coach Cutcliffe says that he really likes how I am a very accurate quarterback that can do anything in a game,” he said. “It’s great to see how well Daniel Jones is doing and how successful he is. Their main message for me is to play in a great offense at a great school and to be around great people which they have.”

Allen will make his final decision on Monday at 3:30 pm ET at Lexington Catholic High School.

PrepSpin will have a live stream of the event, which we will have available to watch right here on KSR.

Until then, check out his highlights below:

Time to come stay home, Beau.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

17 Comments for Four-star quarterback Beau Allen previews final schools before Monday’s announcement

1. Wildcat homer
    1:05 pm May 4, 2019 Permalink

He is a wildcat

• mashburnfan1
      4:31 pm May 4, 2019 Permalink

I fear he is not but really hope that his friends coming here help push him our way. Would be a huge get from all I have read on him, have not got to see him play yet. Love all Stoops, the staff and the awesome young men that did come here have done for our football program.

• Luether
      1:47 am May 5, 2019 Permalink

Reminds me of Drew Barker…

2. Wade
    1:09 pm May 4, 2019 Permalink

All those other schools throw the ball and have qbs n the draft

3. Wade
    1:09 pm May 4, 2019 Permalink

Hope we get him and he attracts wrs

• blueballs80
      1:42 pm May 4, 2019 Permalink

Highly doubt he comes here. He referred to Mike Leach as a great person and coach and wants to throw the ball a lot. Its either Washington State or WVU. Those are spread heavy teams and Stoops wants a rock-solid running game having a balance between the run and pass.

4. cathatter
    1:46 pm May 4, 2019 Permalink

is that pic 4 real? that dude has bear paws!?!

5. AFR0_SAMURAii
    1:52 pm May 4, 2019 Permalink

He’s going to Duke because they seem to kick our asses at everything anymore… but seriously don’t be surprised if he goes to Washington State… Wish we would have hired Leach forever ago but I’ll take Stoops too

• 4everUKblue
      4:00 pm May 4, 2019 Permalink

And yet dUKe’s recruiting most of the top talent hasn’t helped them that much last four years. Or haven’t you heard?

• mashburnfan1
      4:27 pm May 4, 2019 Permalink

And we have done so well with our 1000 NBA players. Also they beat Wisconsin with far less talent than we had in 2015, oh you want to leave that out by saying last 4 years. Again please state all facts not just what makes your statement looks good. And they at least won their conf tourney, we did not win anything and won’t even win June like we did 7 or 8 years ago. Plus this year they were knocked out by a tough team {many thought should be a one} while we lost to an average team missing a top player. And don’t forget we actually played them head to head and dUKe was able to squeak by our far more experienced team by 3 or 4 or 34 something like that. Or haven’t you heard?

• Skooms
      5:11 pm May 4, 2019 Permalink

Thos is a football discussion Mash… Or can’t you read!?! Oh wait you shook hands with the Baron. Nevermind you’re flawless and can’t ever say ANYTHING but the truth. Nope, not opinions, complete 100% FACTS!

• 4everUKblue
      5:53 pm May 4, 2019 Permalink

mashburnKfanboy is just a dUKe fan and a jackass! Not even worth responding to because he’s got nothing!

6. BlueByYou
    2:46 pm May 4, 2019 Permalink

Kinda feel like if he was going anywhere but UK, he would not be announcing now. First, he still has to play in the state as a senior. Second, I think he believes he can have an effect on other big name players.

7. RAGE
    3:54 pm May 4, 2019 Permalink

I think he comes to UK but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to WVU… Coach Brown has had success recruiting Kentucky… Also I ain’t so sure that he doesn’t fit there style of Offense better than he does ours… Stoops honestly prefers more of a dual threat QB than a pro style QB… plus the article about his dad I believe I read on here makes me wonder if he might be afraid of making the same mistake that he did

• RAGE
      3:55 pm May 4, 2019 Permalink

But that is just a guess… I don’t have any sources like some of the people who comment on this site… lol

• friendsofcoal
      9:13 pm May 4, 2019 Permalink

Have you ever been to WV? Can’t imagine him wanting to go live in a shithole for 4 years.

8. KYCat4EVER