Four-Star Quarterback Beau Allen Commits to Kentucky

Kentucky’s recruiting momentum has reached a crescendo. Four-star quarterback Beau Allen has committed to Kentucky.

The Lexington native and son of former Wildcat, Bill Allen, Beau chose to become Mark Stoops’ quarterback of the future over the opportunity to play in Mike Leach and Neal Brown’s air raid systems. Along with Washington State and West Virginia, he had a dozen scholarship offers from the likes of Georgia, Michigan and Michigan State. Allen is the No. 15 ranked pro-style quarterback in America according to Rivals.

Allen will see a few familiar faces at UK. His former Lexington Catholic head coach, Mark Perry, joined the coaching staff as an offensive quality control assistant this spring.

The rising star already has a few friends prepared to play at UK. Four-star offensive tackle John Young and three-star cornerback Andru Phillips committed to UK shortly after the trio officially visited campus last weekend, not too long after they posed for this picture at Kroger Field following the Blue/White Game.

Along with four-star defensive tackle Lamar Goods, UK now has four commitments in the 2020 recruiting class. Stoops and Vince Marrow have built a solid foundation for a strong finish.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

30 Comments for Four-Star Quarterback Beau Allen Commits to Kentucky

1. j
    3:37 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

Dayum! Let’s go!!!

2. krautdog
    3:39 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

WELCOME ABOARD! Hope you don’t get a JC transfer brought in ahead of you after two years prep and hard work like Gunnar Hoak!

• MrPioneer
      3:45 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

Kentucky wins 7 games max last year if Hoak is the quarterback. Time to move on, buddy.

• ClutchCargo
      3:53 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, I really hate it when coaches bring better talent into the program. Seniority should definitely be the deciding factor in choosing a starting QB. smh

• Miller45
      4:39 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

LOL beautiful sarcasm is quite the art

• sprtphan
      3:58 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

Earned not given.

• mashburnfan1
      3:58 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

kraut should say… hope we don’t have to bring in a JC QB because you are not good enough to play in the SEC like Gunnar Hoak. Let it go and please go look up Hoahs High School stats and see how well he did vs good teams. You will question why UK even recruited him. Allen is by far a better QB now than Hoak ever was. Still never know with that position so hope the kid continues to learn and work and does have success for himself and UK.

• nocode96
      5:13 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

For the life of me mashburnfan, I don’t know why you don’t just stick to commenting about football. You seem reasonable and informed when it comes to football. But then…..you show up on a basketball thread looking dumber than a baseball hoop.

• Skooms
      5:27 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

It’s because he HATES Cal Nocode. He’s only been a fan of Rupp and Pitino apparently in basketball. Most fans seem to be fans of the program itself, but Mashturd is ALL about those coaches.

• mashburnfan1
      9:00 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

Thank you code and yes skooms I am not a Coach Cal fan, am a Cal as a person fan. As I have said he does bring quality young men to UK, I feel he does teach them valuable life lessons with the giving back and charitable things he shows them. He is just not a good in game coach and I am tired of all the comments about how great of a coach he is. I just try to show the facts that prove otherwise and admit I am too harsh many times.

• mashburnfan1
      9:03 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

btw the “dumber than a baseball hoop” made me laugh. And I don’t want to get started on our baseball team this year. I will just leave it at Congrats Zach on your 1st round draft pick to whoever it is that selects you.

3. CatsNationBBN
    3:42 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

will they redshirt him?

• Cokely53
      3:47 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

My guess would be yes. Especially with the new 4 game rule.

4. AaronCurrent
    3:45 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

Glad they got him, says hes a pro style qb though, does he not have running ability? Our last 2 QBs have both been athletic guys who could throw

• kjd
      9:39 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

Throwing is one thing. What is needed is accurate passing resulting in a higher percentage of completions. I hope he lives up to the hype.

5. UKantstopus
    3:47 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

May I ask a question without getting ripped?? What will be different about this kid and him not become the next Drew Barker??
    I’m not being negative, I just want some insight…

• MontyCats
      3:53 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

I think Drew was great just had a terrible back issue. You don’t see injuries like that end careers very often.

• Wildcat homer
      3:58 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

Go back and watch the play where Barker took a blind side unblocked shot from the Florida lineman.

Unfortunately that one hit ended his playing career.

• mashburnfan1
      4:02 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

We saw some greatness from Drew in that one half, threw really well. 2nd half was {lets just say not good}. I do think this kid is much more polished and seems way more mature than Drew with a year to get even better. Sadly Drew was injured and we will never know what he may have been. I think Drew let things go to his head, won’t see that with Beau.

• Miller45
      4:41 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

LOL CHA-CHING!!!

• RealCatsFan
      8:33 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

I loved Drew, he also did a great job recruiting teammates to UK. But at least early on, I think he had some maturity issues, as evidenced by some questionable decisions on and off campus – the paint gun incident and the fight in the EKU dorm. He seemed to get his head on straight just in time to get injured. Tough to see that happen to him.

6. deputy24-7
    3:50 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

Commitments do mean squat anymore, betcha he backs out and goes somewhere else where he can play for a championship

• secrick
      4:00 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

Betcha he don’t. Five dollars what you say?

• Skooms
      5:28 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

I’ll up it 100.00 Deputy. Put your money where your mouth is.

7. indycatdog
    3:53 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

Maybe he won’t go to EKU and get in a fight, nor shoot pellet guns on campus? He seems way more mature to me.

8. N-UR-i
    10:43 pm May 6, 2019 Permalink

Bad luck is all. We’re due and he just might be the next Andre Woodson.

• kjd
      10:23 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

I surely hope he becomes better than Woodson.

9. KYCat4EVER
    4:26 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

Hope we can keep taking recruiting steps like these young men…. we must own Kentucky In state… and make similar progress out of state… to compete in the nations best football conference!

GO BIG BLUE!

10. My Dixie Wrecked
    8:30 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

We have all these great recruits already. Where does the class rank right now?

11. JDizzle14
    9:36 am May 7, 2019 Permalink

And in 2 yrs, he’ll be playing elsewhere just like Towles, Barker, Hoak, etc….cuz we all know Stoops will find another JUCO transfer this spring in the mold of Stephen Johnson and Terry Wilson and that will be his guy. Which keeps the question still going: why does he continue to recruit pure pro-style QBs when he clearly does not prefer that style? Yet he’ll try to turn TW into exactly this kinda QB……This guy will never play here, not as the #1 starter anyway…..