For the First Time, KSR is in Martin County! (Thursday Show Thread)

After changing locations multiple times, the KSR Crew has finally made it to Martin County.  If you want to see Matt, Ryan and Drew in Inez, head over to Giovanni’s Pizza on 3256 Blacklog Road.  It will be a KSR show unlike any other and you don’t want to miss it.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

71 Comments for For the First Time, KSR is in Martin County! (Thursday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    9:59 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Now what is this about the NCAA getting involved with the Olympic/Michigan State doctor? Once again they are butting into a law enforcement judicial system thing like Penn State.
    But, fake classes to guarantee eligibility is not within their purview? BS.

• secrick
      10:05 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

I don’t think the NCAA can dictate what kind a class a University requires for a passing grade. But It’s cheating no matter how you look at it.

• RealCatsFan
      10:15 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

That whole scandal is a horrible scene, and if gives a black eye to the proud American gymnastics tradition in Olympic competition. I wonder how badly it is going to affect us going into the Winter Games?

10:20 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

If what I’ve read is correct, Mich. State had several administrators who were told by multiple gymnasts that Dr, Nassar had molested them. These people were mandatory reporters, and they did nothing. They swept it under the rug to save the reputation of the school. USA Gymnastics did the same thing. These people allowed that monster to continue molesting girls for many more years. Again the system failed because adults didn’t do what they were supposed to do to protect these girls.

10:23 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Why aren’t mandatory reporters get punished for not doing their duty? I mean beyond hopefully being fired. It should be a criminal offense.

10:23 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Ha ha, nice grammar from me today.

• runningunnin.454
      10:24 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

But that would all be under the jurisdiction of law enforcement and the judicial system, not the NCAA.

10:29 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

The NCAA may have rules about mandatory reporting on this sort of thing as well. I don’t know that for a fact though.

10:30 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Agree RG, with that point. At least they are following their own precedent for once.

2. Realme
    10:11 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Martin Co. officials are cowards for cancelling their (council?) meeting on the day Hey Kentucky is coming.

• RealCatsFan
      10:13 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Well, we all know that roaches scatter when someone shines a light on them.

3. DrSayre
    10:15 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Sounds like Matt is becoming a conservative and wants to privatize the water company! (Im kidding, it’s just a joke…)

4. RealCatsFan
    10:17 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Sounds like Jockitch was just doing the same thing that our POTUS does via twitter. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      10:37 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

I’m still sore about his blocking me…I just wanted to discuss his obsession with UK, and of course any underlying mental issues.

5. 4everUKblue
    10:20 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Where’s Denny C, Luether and CodeRedneck?

10:24 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Sobbing under their beds I assume.

• RealCatsFan
      10:35 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Lil CodeRed is in a fetal position, and Denny C and Luether are doing the three way spoon with him.

• 4everUKblue
      11:04 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Now that is the definition of a brotherhood…lol

6. J-Dub421
    10:28 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

I have no sympathy for U of L fans. They still defend Pitino and Jurich. They still try to troll us. They are delusional and have no self-awareness.

10:31 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

They lost to us by 29 and troll us when we lose to someone else this season. They have no understanding of irony, self awareness, or common sense.

• runningunnin.454
      10:34 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

But they are playing well, even tho’ they let one get away last night….makes our win look very good.

10:34 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Codered was on here the other day trying to troll us over getting a 3* in football, like most of U of L’s recruiting class isn’t 3*’s as well. I swear they think they are Alabama.

• RealCatsFan
      10:36 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

J-Dub, I have a feeling that this September they are going to find out that they are definitely NOT Alabama. 😀

• ClutchCargo
      10:46 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

I actually am friends with a handful of reasonable UofL fans. I know, they’re kind of like unicorns. I try not to pile on, because they are friends. But I don’t mind guiding the conversation toward the smoldering meteor crater that is the UofL campus and hearing them bash their own university.

• RealCatsFan
      10:53 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

I live in Louisville, and about half my friends and family are UofL fans. Most of them are pretty reasonable. We have some good natured smack talk when they play each other, but there is no one whom I feel like I have to avoid, even after UK loses. Also, I have to confess that I graduated from there on academic scholly. What can I say, if someone offers me a free education, I’m not turning it down.

11:00 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

I tend to not bring up U of L with my U of L fan friends (and husband). I don’t want them bringing it up to me every time we lose a game, so I don’t do it to them. Most of them are pretty discouraged by all the scandals.

• runningunnin.454
      11:03 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

I don’t know any UL fans…they’re not allowed in Western Kentucky.

11:11 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Living in Louisville, they can’t really be avoided.

7. CATandMONKEY
    10:28 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Corrupt government officials in Eastern Ky? Color me surprised.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:41 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

I am lucky enough to have inherited my father’s genes when it comes to hair – very little gray and still a full head of hair. So I would be a hypocrite to say that I can identify with a guy who is going bald. However, I think almost 100% of the time, a guy who is heading that way is much better off just shaving it or going with a buzz cut rather than trying to hide it with a rug or a bad combover. You just aren’t fooling anybody, and you are probably making yourself much more the butt of people’s jokes than you would if you just let nature take its course.

• ClutchCargo
      10:48 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Rugs and comb-overs scream insecurity, and that’s never a good look.

10:48 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

My husband has a ton of hair, but I have given him lots of gray.

• RealCatsFan
      10:57 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

My kids gave me a lot of white hair in my beard.

10:57 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Agreed, just cut it short and be yourself. Comb-overs are the worst.

9. secrick
    10:52 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Can we handle the WV press? Big weekend for the SEC.

10. RealCatsFan
    10:56 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Ha! I kind of feel a little sorry for John Short snoring on the air. Reminds me of high school when a kid fell asleep at his desk and the teacher caught him. He quietly asked everyone to quietly leave the room when the bell sounded and class was over. We all snuck out, and he didn’t stir. He showed up at the next class about ten minutes late, beat red, with a pressure mark on his forehead from his arm.

11. OMGahDio
    10:56 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Jon Short snoring and Bob yelling is comedy and radio gold…please std put that on the vest of shows…

12. KYChuck
    11:10 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

I’m currently in Jamestown, KY for the second day in a row. AM 1060 is not airing show like your site says. It is an ESPN show. Trying to listen on IHeart.

13. chessboxer
    11:11 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

107.9 in Bowling Green isn’t playing the show today for some reason.

14. Realme
    11:13 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Iheart 630 wlap feed is working.

15. J-Dub421
    11:16 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

I love Wenyen, but he is not our best 3 point shooter by any stretch of the imagination.

11:17 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

How soon they forget about Quade.

11:24 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Once Quade gets back in rhythm and shakes the rust off after missing a few games, he’ll be beck dropping daggers again. He’s rushing his shot a little his first couple games back. Also, Knox’s shot is coming along. Knox has a nice looking shot, I knew it was only a matter of time before it started falling.

16. RealCatsFan
    11:22 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Please, PLEASE, will someone blow the whistle on Count K and his merry little band of duffel-baggers!!

• RealCatsFan
      11:22 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

I would ALMOST want to see that more than UK getting #9. ALMOST.

11:25 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Agreed, I am tired of Duke always skating by unpunished. Same for UNC and UCLA. Ether enforce the rules for everyone, or don’t enforce them at all.

11:25 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

*Either, not ether. Lol.

11:26 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Aren’t they like us, as in don’t need to cheat? If anything did come out, K will be considered above reproach, with a rogue assistant.

• 4everUKblue
      11:27 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

He already got away with the Lance Thomas scandal and Corey Magette taking money and nothing happened. But pay for play would be better than the banner down the road coming down for me.

11:30 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

To clarify, I do know they have gotten away with some stuff, I meant specifically paying recruits to come there.

• runningunnin.454
      11:30 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

I’ll vote for some ether for K.

11:33 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Does ether work on vampires?

• RealCatsFan
      11:36 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Maybe if you dip your wooden stake in it.

11:39 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Just open the drapes and let some sunlight shine on Coach K.

• 4everUKblue
      11:54 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Give this a listen about Duke recruiting…… https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-fxhmy-8454a9

17. RealCatsFan
    11:46 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Not a UL fan, but in a way it would be kind of satisfying (and interesting) to see them extend a symbolic middle finger to the NCAA in regards to the banner, especially in light of the UNCheat fiasco. Wouldn’t blame them. Maybe they should get together with Memphis and file a class action lawsuit.

11:50 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

Agreed, however he said the NCAA can’t do anything to U of L if they refuse to take down their banner. I think this is false. The NCAA can refuse to let them participate in bowl games, the NCAA tournament, etc. That will hit Louisville in the pocket book.

• ClutchCargo
      11:52 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

I would just rather see justice served in this case. Let someone else be the martyr who refuses to comply with the NCAA. Worst case, UofL would become some kind of folk hero in the college sports world, and I want no part of that.

• runningunnin.454
      11:54 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

And, they still haven’t addressed the Brian Bowen situation…UL better not challenge them. Has anybody every received a multiple year death penalty.

• 4everUKblue
      11:55 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

give this podcast about Duke recruiting ………. https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-fxhmy-8454a9

• 4everUKblue
      11:57 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

*give this a listen

12:05 pm January 25, 2018 Permalink

4ever, I can’t listen to 49 minutes of that dude droning on. Care to summarize?

• 4everUKblue
      12:09 pm January 25, 2018 Permalink

Realme, it’s only a few minutes on Capel, most of it is about different ACC teams, but he talks about how shady Capel is and how the Zion commit came out of nowhere. He says he would never say Capel drops bags but…..

• 4everUKblue
      12:10 pm January 25, 2018 Permalink

He also says it should be looked into even by dUKe fans, that something is not right.

• 4everUKblue
      12:13 pm January 25, 2018 Permalink

He starts in on dUKe and Capel at 15:00 mark

12:39 pm January 25, 2018 Permalink

It did seem to come out of nowhere.

• 4everUKblue
      12:48 pm January 25, 2018 Permalink

Yes it did and we are not the only fanbase noticing it.

12:53 pm January 25, 2018 Permalink

But if something similar happened at Kentucky, everyone would be saying we/Cal cheat.

• 4everUKblue
      12:55 pm January 25, 2018 Permalink

They would not only be saying that but there would be a full blown investigation. Cal ruined college bb with the one and done but look at all K has done for college bb with the one and dones….what a joke.

18. J-Dub421
    11:52 am January 25, 2018 Permalink

I donated, and I’m sure a lot of you did too. We take care of our own in Kentucky.