Five Wildcats in Top 25 of final 2016 ESPN 100

USATSI_9219038_154849602_lowres

ESPN Recruiting released its final rankings for the 2016 class today and five of Kentucky’s six signees are ranked as top-25 players.

Bam Adebayo leads the bunch, earning a fifth overall ranking from ESPN. De’Aaron Fox is right behind him at No. 6, followed by Malik Monk at ninth, Wenyen Gabriel at No. 14 and Sacha Killeya-Jones at No. 24.

1. Harry Giles, Duke
2. Josh Jackson, Kansas
3. Jayson Tatum, Duke
4. Lonzo Ball, UCLA
5. Bam Adebayo, Kentucky
6. De’Aaron Fox, Kentucky
7. Markelle Fultz, Washington
8. Miles Bridges, Michigan State
9. Malik Monk, Kentucky
10. Frank Jackson, Duke

14. Wenyen Gabriel, Kentucky

24. Sacha Killeya-Jones, Kentucky

Kentucky is ESPN’s top-ranked class, edging out Duke for the No. 1 spot. Marques Bolden, ESPN’s No. 16 player, will decide how that stands in the end.

Full rankings here.

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for Five Wildcats in Top 25 of final 2016 ESPN 100

1. MattRice
    10:19 am April 26, 2016 Permalink

How do you sit out an entire season and still stay at the number one spot? I realize that they base a lot of these off of AAU performances, but if that is the case why update them through the season at all?

• bham82
      10:31 am April 26, 2016 Permalink

Because Duke. It’s ESPN’s rankings. They aren’t important.

2. WatchutalkinboutWillis
    10:47 am April 26, 2016 Permalink

I hope Giles gets his butt handed to him in college…yes it is solely because he chose to go to Duke. Also, he seems like a jerk…probably only my feeling because he chose Duke.

• MattRice
      12:18 pm April 26, 2016 Permalink

I haven’t had an issue with most of their top billed recruits as of late. Although there are some that I can’t much stand either. Austin “Sub Zero” Rivers, Grayson Allen, JAH(not Juh)lil Okafor, then I think my new favorite is going to be Jayson “There isn’t a shot I didn’t like” Tatum. Harry Giles seemed to be pretty normal in his interviews, maybe he will surprise us. Then again he might also turn out to be glass like Kyrie Irving. I guess time will tell.

3. BBNFL
    12:22 pm April 26, 2016 Permalink

So then whats this crap about this being Cal’s best class?!! Only one top 5 player but its his best class? We’re gonna SUCK next year!

• BobTheBuilder
      1:24 pm April 26, 2016 Permalink

I agree. This may statistically be his best class in terms of rankings but no talent.

• Razor Ramon
      11:03 pm April 26, 2016 Permalink

At least our season next year will count, unlike the commuter school down 64.

4. BobTheBuilder