Five UK commitments make new Rivals 250 rankings

2014-camp-barker-elam

Rivals released their updated Top 250 players in the 2014 class this morning, and five of UK’s commitments made moves. Check out the updated list below:

Commitments

#106 Stanley Boom Williams (RB) 4 star Previously #96
#121 Drew Barker (QB) 4 star Previously #117
#128 Mikel Horton (RB) 4 star Previously #131
#182 Darius West (DB) 4 star Previously #185
#206 Nick Richardson (OL) 4 star

Targets

#191 Moral Stephens (WR) 4 star
#215 Matt Elam (DT) 4 star Previously: Not ranked, three stars

Fell out of the Top 250: Thaddeus Snodgrass

As a result of the new rankings, Kentucky fell to seventh in Rivals’ Team Rankings.

Blake Bone, come on down and give us a Yahtzee!

26 Comments for Five UK commitments make new Rivals 250 rankings

1. UK2K
    2:37 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

Rivals continues to give no respect to Elam…Just FYI, but Boom, Richardson and Stephens arnt in the photo and the one wearing #55 is no longer being recruited

2. I Say
    2:44 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

Ouch, not what I was wanting to see when I first started reading the post.

3. mocha
    2:52 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

espn has a poll on this page (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/), which team will win the 2014 ncaa championship?
    kentucky is losing big time right now, we MUST FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Grits n' Gravy
    2:52 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

These polls are so subjective and each site has them ranked completely different. I don’t even think anyone’s played an actual game yet as a Senior either, these guys could end up a lot higher (or lower) by the end of the season. Recruiting has taken a huge step up though!

5. 4th
    2:52 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

4th!

6. DOH
    2:52 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

5) DOH!

7. Thats All?
    4:01 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

5 players? That’s all? I though you were supposed to have a top ranked team? I though you ‘posed to be SEC?

8. WKU
    4:02 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

They ‘posed to be SEC…LOL.

9. SEC
    4:03 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

Dear Kentucky, Please don’t say you’re SEC. Signed: The rest of the SEC.

10. me
    4:14 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

#3 – that poll seems fine to me. UK, ‘ville, MchSt, and KU all seem a little higher than they should compared to the field, but probably somewhere close. current Vegas lines are about as accurate a statistical predictor as you can get at this point, and they have UK less than 10% vs. the field IIRC.

11. MustangCat
    4:14 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

Rivals has proven to be more about politics then true ratings. 24-7 is probably the best one to go by now. Espn is the worst one. I look at rivals as the #2 service, and that’s a distant second. It’s more about money then anything else.

12. Funny
    4:22 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

I like that #7 through 9 took the time to create three different posts with three different names to give the appearance of three different people “zinging” us.
    With that type of creativity, I don’t know how you don’t have a job and/or girlfriend.

13. serdi
    4:23 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

If all these guys would have committed to Alabama or Ohio State etc, they would all be rated higher. If Elam signs with UK he will be a 4 star if he signs with Alabama or Ohio State or Notre Dame he will be a 5. Snodgrass would have been a 5 if he had committed to Urban Meyer

14. Linda Taylor
    4:32 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

How did Snodgrass fall? He was very impressive in the Elite Eleven. As far as Elam not getting 5 stars from Rivals I saw Rowland tweeting that the Alabama camps where Elam killed it was “supposedly” not open to the media. At least that is the excuse they are using for not rating Elam higher. He also was implying that other service(s) that moved Elam way up should not have because they should not have been there or not have been using it to gauge their ratings.

15. STEVE!
    4:57 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

I thought Elam was a Top 15 player in the country by some accounts. How can two rating services be so far off?

16. Doo Doo Brown
    4:58 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

UK dropped as a result of other programs getting commitments, not the new rankings. Also, what makes Matt Elam a 5 star, you guys obviously haven’t seen him play? He has horrible technique, no motor, and weight issues. He over powers 220 pound linemen while standing straight up almost since he struggles to get into his stance. He has great size and potential because of his size but it’s no miscarriage of justice that he isn’t a 5 star.

17. Louisville1Cal4
    5:12 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

7-9 hahaha Spoken like a true uneducated douche.

18. Hellbelly
    5:20 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

We are Kentucky fans! If we have highly-ranked players, well lets get excited! If we don’t, well there must be something wrong with them there rankings.

19. bosshogg24
    6:27 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

Doo Doo, Elam is so bad that Nick Saban wants him bad! lol

20. Drew
    6:27 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

Wow no Denzel Ware?? That’s why the ranking system doesn’t matter. The fact of the matter is, is that they don’t know who will be great and who won’t. It’s so hard to judge who’s going to be successfull in football.

21. bosshogg24
    6:28 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

These Rival rankings are a joke!

22. Doo Doo Brown
    6:56 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

I didn’t say he was bad, I said he has horrible technique, no motor,and weight issues. Which one of these do you disagree with? Our fans are so simple, Nick Saban wants him so he has to be a 5 star even though I’ve never seen him play.

23. Yep
    7:19 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

If we keep this kind of recruiting up we won’t have anything but four stars touching the field here in 3-4 years. This is an absolutely incredible turnaround that’s underway. Never thought I would see the day, but I love it.

24. Barker's Grin
    9:57 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

Gotta love the positive outlook Barker always seems to have when the camera is snappin’. But Elam? Anyone else get tired of his chin-up attitude? I’m sure we’ll all love him if he signs with UK, but personally I’d find it very easy to cheer against him should he land elsewhere based on his photo ops alone. Maybe Barker can mentor him and teach him that it’s OK to smile THEN knock someone on their rear….

25. Reggie W
    10:22 pm August 20, 2013 Permalink

I also tire of Elam’s smugness and arrogance. He is big, that is all.

Somebody has told the kid he is all that one too many times. He certainly has the potential, but he is lazy, and is carrying far too much fat and not enough muscle.

Elam is going to have to have a college coach who will force him to grind, because he will never have the willpower to do it himself.

26. cracka
    9:38 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

^ you get all that from his picture?