Five idiotic tweets from IU fans after Trey Lyles’ commitment to UK

indiana-fan-500x430

Let me take you all the way back to early August, when Trey Lyles was still committed to Indiana. Lyles pledged his allegiance to the Hoosiers two years ago, but decided to decommit in order to find the coach he believed would best prepare him for the NBA. Needless to say, the Hoosier faithful were not happy. Fast forward to today, when Lyles committed to Kentucky, and Indiana fans still aren’t over it. I did a Twitter search for “Trey Lyles” after the big announcement, and not surprisingly, some IU fans let their true colors fly for the rest of the world to see. Here are five of the worst tweets I found:

(I blurred out their Twitter handles for my own safety, but they aren’t hard to find if you go looking.)

Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 1.09.37 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 1.07.34 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 12.48.42 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 12.47.13 PM Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 1.10.41 PM

Surprisingly, the Louisville fans were pretty tame after the announcement, although I found this tweet hilarious and in their case, on point:

Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 2.27.34 PM

Stay classy, Hoosiers.

54 Comments for Five idiotic tweets from IU fans after Trey Lyles’ commitment to UK

1. wth?!
    3:51 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

All of these accounts have been HACKED!!!!

2. MKG
    4:08 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

I understand that every fanbase has its share of bad apples, but I swear Indiana has more than most and that’s why I hate IU.

3. peters
    4:10 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

when you do a twitter search of opposing fan-bases reaction to a 5star recruit committing to UK they are likely to be sad, mad, disappointing, or mean-spirited. I guess that was the point of this article? c/mon now Mrs. T

4. DB11
    4:11 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Both excellent points by 1 and 1

5. Blue42
    4:11 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

That first guy is actually a Card fan. He has L1C4 in his profile. Not that there’s really a difference.

6. Kristen Geil's Abs
    4:12 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

I normally don’t like generalizations, but seriously, IU fans aren’t good people.

7. Cousins Fake Tooth
    4:14 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Why block out their usernames?

8. Linda Taylor
    4:15 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know what their problem is, don’t they already have their Superman?

9. Mc
    4:16 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure plenty of idiot UK fans bashed Blackmon on twitter. I know there were UK fans that bashed Wiggins. I’m sure there were KU fans that bashed Randle. It’s also possible that there are trolls acting like fans just so they can bash someone to make that fanbase look like it’s filled with idiots. This is just the world we live in now.

There are a lot of idiot IU fans, don’t get me wrong. However, I hear a lot of people bash our fans too. Sometimes it’s justifiable. I do think we have the best fans in the world, and the most fans, so people think we have a bunch of idiots when percentage wise it’s probably in line with everyone else if not lower. I even see it when reading comments on facebook from CoachCal. Some of the replies by UK fans are priceless.

10. Mc
    4:17 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Also, that picture is awesome and will never get old.

11. Get Real!
    4:20 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Cats would’ve been this mean to Blackmon too. Only it wasn’t reported on KSR.

12. Andrew Wiggins
    4:24 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Looks like the same tweets that UK fans sent to me

13. Megan
    4:28 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Let’s not paint all fans with the same brush. We have some bad apples ourselves. It’s nothing to do with our teams or cities and everything to do with maturity and character. Worth reporting as a cautionary tale.

14. Money
    4:28 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

” I hope IU balls on his black a$$”

First off, I have no idea what that means. Second, why would you blur out black?

15. Charles Grey
    4:30 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Louisville Fans are always classy. I defy anyone on this website to point to a single thing a Louisville fan has done that is not utterly respectful to an opposing fan.

16. Pee-Wee
    4:31 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

I think thats b**ch that is blurred out.

17. Louisville Strange Brew
    4:31 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

UofL fans as of yesterday, “Lyles is awesome.”

UofL fans as of today, “Lyles is overrated.”

IU fans as of yesterday, “Lyles is awesome.”

IU fans as of today, “Hey, we will hang another banner if we make our 3rd NCAA Tournament in a row.”

18. deWildcat
    4:33 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Twitter and Facebutt are both garbage – turn them off and enjoy life.

19. Scott
    4:46 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

I sent Dan Dakich a few tweets about this.

20. DrewFranklinBetsPennies
    4:51 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Please, Mrs. T, post all of our idiot UK fans’ twitter comments to Wiggins and Blackmon, etc. I mean, it’s only fair, right?

21. Great Stuff
    4:56 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

I laugh every time I see that picture of the drink thrown at the IU fan, is there a back story or is it photo shopped?

22. Haha
    4:56 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

@money hahaha you thought it said black? Black A$$? haha that was most def B1tch A$$.

23. iubb SUCKS!!!!!
    5:04 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

I guess it’s easy to talk $hit when you’re to pu$$y to play the team that you’re bashing.

24. C A T S #9
    5:20 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

The first guy is a loserville fan…. splitting hairs–similar douchebaggery

25. C A T S #9
    5:23 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

DrewFranklinBetsPennies = loserville troll

26. G
    5:25 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Check social media next time UK loses a huge recruit. You’ll see this ain’t a IU thing but it sure makes you feel good to tell yourself that it is.

27. Sheriff Buford T. Justice
    5:25 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

After having visited Bloomington for a number of basketball games, I can assure you that 90% of their fan base is exactly like these idiots. Never had so many death threats hurled at me for wearing blue in my life. Bloomington is a wasteland filled with Godless savages.

28. Common Sense
    5:40 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

I don’t understand the point of this article. Are you suggesting UK fans had zero negative tweets when Blackmon Jr. committed to IU? Article is nothing but a space eater.

29. HackRichards
    5:42 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Well we need that series renewed. Kick their asses about 5 years in a row like the old days ought to quiet them down.

30. James
    5:56 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

You should read the Card Chronicle for the UofL fan perspective. Very enlightening.

31. Catiover
    6:02 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

If IU could ever get pass the sweet16 maybe they will play U>K>

32. Stringfellow St Cloud
    6:02 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

You know,
    Reading these.. I could easily slip back to where I was in 2006… Prison
    But I am thankful that I’m no longer that guy…
    However I’m sure there are people like me with brain disorders, behavior disorders -untreated
    Who might respond the way I would have before I got the treatment I needed who would hunt these
    People down and cut parts of their body off….
    That’s why I do not engage in twitter or Facebook…
    If you feel like you might act out against some of these people, please refrain..
    Life will be hard enough for them I promise.

33. country cat
    6:36 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Just mad tom crean cant give him any kisses lol

34. Jess
    6:38 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

The Evan Dyer guy is actually a UL fan….

35. Dear Morons
    6:39 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

This site is known for its comedy, it’s ridiculousness. It is successful bc of its sense of humor. Posts like this are funny. Of course they wouldn’t post UK fans’ negative comments to recruits, that wouldn’t be funny to us UK fans. Why on earth do you “geniuses” think KSR should give equal time to UofL and IU fans to make fun of UK fan comments? Never once does this post say or even suggest that UK fans don’t do the same. Seriously, most of you all are clueless.

36. Rob
    6:59 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

35. Known for its comedy? This site has never made me laugh. It is half-assed and immature, however, but that’s not comedy. For example, yesterday someone posted a picture of an obese man with Johnson’s face. That’s something that would amuse a 15-year-old who has yet develop the slightest perspective on life. Some, like the author of that post, have carried that same mindset into an emotionally-stunted adulthood.

I come here to check out recruiting, and that’s it.

37. John Ellis
    7:19 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Jeez, would you kiss your son with those lips?

38. james
    7:29 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

the hypocrisy of this site never ceases to amaze

39. shorty blue
    7:36 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

the amount of Louisville fans and Indiana fans that post on the site never ceases to amaze me

40. DrewFranklinBetsPennies
    7:39 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

C A T S #9 is definitely an IU fan, it’s so obvious

41. bigblue091812
    7:41 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

I would like to see Wiggins have a bad year and be called overrated, I would like to see the same thing happen to Blackmon Jr. But, I do not wish any player to tear an ACL, or get AIDS like Maryland fans wished toward the Harrison twins. Face it, there are sick fans from every school out there but I will say that fans of IU and Loserville do seem to be the worst, but when you consider the slime bags they have leading their programs what can you expect.

42. Rob Wants Cheese with his whine
    8:18 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Rob,
    You can go to a lot of other sites for recruiting news so do us all a favor and STFU and go to the other sites.

43. Shorty blue
    8:28 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Wow, another UofL fan on this UK website. Pathetic

44. KT
    8:33 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Anybody really surprised? God knows I’m not.

At this point I wouldn’t mind renewing the game with IU just to shut some of their fans up – possibly even give them something to do besides troll other fan sites. I just don’t care THAT much and as much as it bothers a couple of the IU fans I know, the UK-IU matchup hasn’t been relevant except for a couple of times in my life and that’s been recently. I just don’t really have much invested in it besides the fact I’m not much of a Bob Knight or Tom Crean fan and I had no idea how much it mattered to IU fans until we dropped the game. Still, it would be a good game for the schedule now that they are a better team and I suppose the older fans would love it for the tradition and history. I wonder if we can get IU to play a neutral site rather than home and home or if Crean is still being weird about that.

45. grammar police
    8:39 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

#36 If you are going to judge people, proofread your work.

half-assed and immature, however, but that’s not comedy – your first adverb was sufficient and using a conjuction after however is redundant, especially if using but as an adverb.

15-year-old who has yet develop the – who has yet what? to develop?

Your complaint/opinion holds no merit because you can’t communicate it properly.

46. TimeFor9
    8:59 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

36 check the tag line under KSR… “most ridiculous manner possible.” just bc you don’t have a sense of humor doesn’t mean the rest of us have a stick up our a**es like you. Your self-righteousness is comical.

47. grammar police
    9:12 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

I like to criticize others for not proof reading their posts. Hpwever, it is evident that I don’t either! What is a”conjuction”? Also, “but” should be in quotations in the following sentence, “your first adverb was sufficient and using a conjuction after however is redundant, especially if using but as an adverb”.
    Those that live in glass houses……

48. Shucks
    9:40 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

48 Nice try but you get a FAIL for “hpwever”

49. Mike
    9:41 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

Not condoning the tweets at all, but UK fans scolding another fan base for rude, insensitive, and racist tweets after a recruit turns their school down is laughable.

50. Ruppcrowd24000loud
    10:11 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

IU and Duh Ville fans talking about UK fans posting dumb comments on a recruit’s twitter page when that recruit picks another school is funny. Surely they know they have two of the slimiest, most resentful fan bases in all of collegiate sports. Duh Ville is perpetually mad at having to be little brother to UK’s Andre The Giant-sized big brother and IU is always mad because their southern neighbors are richer, better looking and much more successful than they are. Throw in the fact that, until the last couple of years, IU’s program looked like Sanford and Son’s house they are so jealous they can’t see straight. Every fan base has boneheaded fans who do dumb stuff including UK. It’s just that BBN is so much larger than other fan bases that it seems like UK has more boneheaded fans. Well, actually I suppose we do, but the percentage of over zealous fans is the same for UK as any other school except, of course, for IU and Duh Ville.

51. WildcatTerri
    11:27 pm November 5, 2013 Permalink

unbelievable…..people who take to social media and call out a 18 year old kid is just sick..grow up people and get a life

52. Jordan H
    12:41 am November 6, 2013 Permalink

Evan Dyer is a Louisville fan. Went to high school with him. Typical, classless, sore loser if you ask me.

53. Hypocrisy Checker
    11:40 am November 6, 2013 Permalink

How quickly we forget how you same UK fans treated Wiggins a few months back…..