Five Fun Things To Do In Starkville

Going to Starkville to watch the Cats this weekend? If so, you’re a better person than I am. I’ve made three trips to lovely Stark Vegas and that is three more times than anyone should.

But don’t let me talk you out of going because Kentucky needs your support in the sea of cowbells on Saturday; I will instead tell you five fun things to do in Starkville when you’re not at the game.

I got nothing.

Good luck, I guess.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for Five Fun Things To Do In Starkville

1. KYvsMSUupset
    1:09 pm October 18, 2017 Permalink

Already thinking of jokes to make up for the beatdown MSU is going to give. LOL

• Rixter
      1:19 pm October 18, 2017 Permalink

Since Louisville stopped stealing playbooks, they are 4 – 6… with wins over powerhouses like Purdue, UNC, Murray State, and the Kent State Flashes!
      Don’t they have the Heisman Trophy winner playing QB? Four and SIX? Yikes

• ClutchCargo
      3:15 pm October 18, 2017 Permalink

LOL at the turd bird trolling over here while the University 6 athletic dept implodes into a huge smoking crater! XD Maybe your baseball and women’s basketball teams will still be pretty good, so enjoy that.

• UK Big Board Update
      6:28 pm October 18, 2017 Permalink

ENJOY YOUR 2013 VACATION!!

2. kykid16
    1:23 pm October 18, 2017 Permalink

What’s up blocking comments on Anthem advertising! Anthem is pulling out of ACA coverage in Kentucky, leaving thousands without insurance!

• The Original WTF Guy
      2:35 pm October 18, 2017 Permalink

Great point!!!! WTF is there even a “story” about Anthem? Between the crappy content relative to what it used to be, the proliferation of ads, and the fact the page loads slower than any webpage I regularly visit my visits have dropped considerably. If we are going to start getting stuff like this it will be “bye bye, KSR.com.”

• Mathlete
      3:23 pm October 18, 2017 Permalink

Why aren’t you mad about not being able t comment on the KSR shop ad? This isn’t new, the only difference is you (justifiably) don’t like the company.

Also, stop whining about ads. The lights don’t stay on by themselves, food doesn’t put itself on tables, and interns suck at writing (ex: BTI).

• UK Big Board Update
      6:38 pm October 18, 2017 Permalink

“Ads keep the lights on”

Better?

3. TomTraubertsBlues
    2:05 pm October 18, 2017 Permalink

Best thing to do in Starkville, is to leave Starkville

4. kentuckybackupplayer
    2:30 pm October 18, 2017 Permalink

they got a ho or two in starkville, and plenty of liquor, just make the best of it.

• RealCatsFan
      3:24 pm October 18, 2017 Permalink

Is that you, Coach Pitino?

5. John Henry
    2:42 pm October 18, 2017 Permalink

Here we go again. Seems like each time we make fun of a state or people they end up kicking our ass.

• Mathlete
      3:24 pm October 18, 2017 Permalink

I mean, there’s nothing else to do in Starkville but practice football. Minimal distractions?

6. RealCatsFan
    3:25 pm October 18, 2017 Permalink

You guys missed a chance to use that picture of Tom Crean with the confused look on his face…

7. 2Dogs
    4:03 pm October 18, 2017 Permalink

What about the National Cowbell Museum? You can learn about the origin of the cowbell dating back to the Iron Age. But I’m telling you folks something you already know. Enjoy.