Everything Rick Pitino said today was pretty hilarious

Rick Pitino went full Rick Pitino in Louisville’s press conference following the NCAA ruling, and I found it all to be very hilarious.

Here’s a quick rundown now that the press conference has concluded and I caught my breath from laughing…

— The most outlandish of Pitino’s comments today came when he said the NCAA “made a very large mistake” in its punishment of Louisville. Typical Rick to say it’s the NCAA’s mistake and not his own, and that they will “fight every single bit of this to the end.”

— “Personally, I’ve lost faith in the NCAA,” was another good one.

— Because Rick Pitino can’t address his own faults without bringing up a tragedy to divert the conversation, Pitino brought up the late Jimmy Valvano in today’s press conference. He said Jimmy told him, “The NCAA investigation (of NC State) broke down my immune system,” which I think was Pitino’s subtle way of suggesting the NCAA gave Valvano cancer.

— “I plan on staying here and winning multiple championships, not just one.” But does he even have one after today? I think he needs to get that first one before he can win multiple.

Rick gonna Rick.

Article written by Drew Franklin

19 Comments for Everything Rick Pitino said today was pretty hilarious

1. EdC
    1:36 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

Person who just got caught robbing a house … “Personally, I’ve lost faith in the owners of this house,”

2. Sentient Third Eye
    1:38 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

Sounds like a convicted man telling the judge that he holds the court in contempt.

3. Chrisls80
    1:42 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

While I enjoy hearing all of this regarding the demise of Louisville, I live in NC and want badly for this to happen to Carolina. Why did the NCAA move so quickly on this issue but the UNC issue has lingered for 5 years? It is a joke. I do love the bird getting fried though, do not get me wrong!!

• 8xchamp
      1:49 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

I think they’re gonna get theirs too

• BBNDan7
      2:44 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

Honestly the punishment for Louisville is harsher than most thought, so UNC getting nothing would make sense. Then the NCAA can continue to be inconsistent and be like “well we got Louisville!”

4. jonthes
    1:49 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

Trump must write this stuff for him.

5. njCat
    2:14 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

Patino IS like Trump. Don’t they know that every time they open their mouths they hurt their case. I’d say at this point the NCAA could give a s**t what Patino thinks… and might be even less inclined to give UL a break.

• Rod Crandler
      2:17 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

Not sure Patino is but why must you try to inject politics? Can’t we all just come together for once around the dumpster fire that is UofL and enjoy the flames?

• BBNDan7
      2:45 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

THANK YOU ROD. So tired of everyone injecting politics into this today. We are suppose to be all getting along around this bonfire

• Mathlete
      2:47 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

I’m getting the popcorn for this show…

6. ClutchCargo
    2:17 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

Weird, because I actually gained some faith in the NCAA after this announcement.

7. Sarahvah
    2:36 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

I feel like that line about Valvano is the most over the top thing said

8. ClairsyDarsiy
    2:44 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

I’m a little confused. How can Rick and UL say they are appealing everything and expect to win the appeal. When they agreed with the Investigation findings for activities that occurred. The only thing they disagreed with or challenged was Rick’s responsibility as a coach. In my opinion a 5 game suspension for him is pretty light. After all he is the coach. They did use players that where ineligible because of their participation in the sexual activity from 2010 to 2014. Why shouldn’t he and the program be penalized?

9. 4everblue
    3:16 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

Rick should be celebrating the fact that he only got five games, could’ve and should’ve been much worse. Who are the first five on their schedule anyway?

Nov. 17: St. Francis (Pa.)
    Nov. 21: Southern Illinois
    Dec. 3: Seton Hall
    Dec. 9: Indiana
    Dec. 16: Memphis (in New York City)

10. INCALWETRUST
    3:20 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

First you got to win one, to win multiple. As of right now, you have “0” at Louisville, Rick.

11. Rixter
    4:52 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

The real question here is, and I’ve yet to hear anyone address this.. is.. can the NCAA continue on in it’s current capacity now that Patino has lost faith in them?