People are refuting Peyton Manning’s HGH report.

(Thomas Campbell/ USA Today Sports)

(Thomas Campbell/ USA Today Sports)

(Thomas Campbell/ USA Today Sports)

In case you’ve been under a rock the last 24 hours, Al Jazeera released a recording of Charles Sly, a guy who says he helped Tennessee legend Peyton Manning along with a host of other NFL and MLB stars, get their hands on steroids and other performance enhancing drugs. Now, with so much backlash, many are questioning the accuracy of the reports including the Colts, Broncos, Peyton Manning, Manning’s doctor, and Charles Sly, the source of the original report, along with many others.

Here’s what some of them said:

The doctor who allegedly provided Manning with the HGH also released a statement to Bleacher Report supporting him, “I have no reason to believe these allegations are based in fact or have any truth. In fact, I can say with absolute certainty they are not. […] I would emphasize that Mr. Sly was never an employee of the Guyer Institute and his brief three-month internship occurred in 2013 during which time Peyton was not even being treated or present in the office. I think it is obvious that Mr. Sly fabricated this whole thing for reasons I cannot fathom. I am proud to have treated Peyton and helped him through his rehabilitation. Mr. Manning is one of the most honorable and upstanding individuals I have had the pleasure of knowing.”

Charles Sly released a YouTube video recanting the statements he made saying, “[…] There is no truth to any statement of mine that Al Jazeera plans to air. […] Any recordings of me were made without my knowledge or consent.”

Finally, Peyton Manning went on ESPN this morning to refute the claims himself, saying that he is furious and disgusted over the whole thing. “What hurts me the most about this,” Manning said to ESPN. “Whoever this guy is, this slapstick trying to insinuate that in 2011, when more than less I had a broken neck — I had four neck surgeries. … It stings me whoever this guy is to insinuate that I cut corners, I broke NFL rules in order to get healthy. It’s a joke. It’s a freaking joke.”

In my opinion, Manning will go down as one of the best QBs to ever play in the NFL. Apparently, the NFL will investigate the matter either way. I wish nothing but the best for the SEC legend and I hope these allegations do nothing to distract from his legacy.

Article written by Miss J.C. Ausmus

No, my name doesn't stand for anything. Follow me on twitter? @JC_KSR

19 Comments for People are refuting Peyton Manning’s HGH report.

1. syrin23
    10:55 pm December 27, 2015 Permalink

Can KSR ban Jonathan Miller? I don’t want politics or social justice warriors interjected into my Kentucky fandom. The coward locks all comments from his articles. “Safe zone”? Gotta hide from the real world?

• whack0001
      7:24 am December 28, 2015 Permalink

You took the words right out of my mouth. That was the most ridiculous garbage I’ve ever read and has no place on this website. I lost all respect for that clown.

• hartlines left arm
      10:26 am December 28, 2015 Permalink

I approve this message, Jonathan Miller is a chicken shit tool that hides behind closed comment sections.

2. daddy43040
    11:10 pm December 27, 2015 Permalink

I agree crazy how so much of the media is so liberal even with the mess we’re in.The people are tired of Obama and Hillary is about the same.Trump is your next president Jonathan your not gonna change that regardless of how much you try to use this site to do so.

• UK Big Board Update
      12:05 am December 28, 2015 Permalink

Trump is the next president…… ha.

• theSkinny81
      12:09 am December 28, 2015 Permalink

If Trump became president, wouldn’t it be funny if Canada and Mexico built walls to keep US out?

• UK Big Board Update
      12:09 am December 28, 2015 Permalink

I mean, he’d definitely get Kentucky’s vote – the same state that voted in Bevin and supported Kim Davis. #WhyNot

• RealCatsFan
      8:53 am December 28, 2015 Permalink

There are apparently, inexorably, many Trump fans out there, but if we elect that clown, we will be (even more) the laughing stock of the modern world and our country will be in deep trouble. And yes, we will be in even deeper trouble than with the current clown in the White House. Trump is an absolute loose canon, egomaniac, narcissist, and a power monger. If you think he is in this race for the good of the country, you are fooling yourself. He is his own biggest fan, and everything he does, every breath he takes, is in support of that fandom. It’s really sad that it may very well come down to a choice between a Clinton rerun with her own self-serving motives and this clown. Can’t America do better than that? The two-party system in this country is a complete farce, and it is set up so that anyone outside of those two parties gets no voice and no traction.

Now, back to sports…

• Sentient Third Eye
      9:33 am December 28, 2015 Permalink

I’m not the biggest Trump fan out there, but he’s taking unfair heat for his proposal for a brief moratorium on Muslims entering the country until a modified screening system can be put into place. How long could it possibly take? Two, three months? Six, tops? And under what circumstances could any honest person, even a Muslim American, find fault with such a reasonable, even-handed step?

3. daddy43040
    11:12 pm December 27, 2015 Permalink

Ban the boy no sense in the stuff he posts flat out ridiculous

• UK Big Board Update
      12:05 am December 28, 2015 Permalink

Whoo! #coal

4. Mr Blue
    9:12 am December 28, 2015 Permalink

Who gives a crap what Al Jazeera has to say? I’ll pay attention to their sports reporting the next time I want to bet on a camel race. Besides being able to put odds on something like that, what the hell do they know about sports?

• Sentient Third Eye
      9:30 am December 28, 2015 Permalink

Al Jezeera America’s only purpose is to spread hate and disinformation for the “coming Islamic caliphate”. This is par for the course for them. They make the Huffington Post look like the Wall Street Journal.

5. Sentient Third Eye
    9:37 am December 28, 2015 Permalink

As to the election, remember that most times the people leading here in the election preseason fail to win the actual nominations. Trump could still do it, but the odds are not in his favor according to history. The guys with the best chances? Cruz and Rubio. One of those two will be our next president. Cruz is said to be a certified genius and the most intelligent person to seek the Presidency since John Quincy Adams, so he’s probably being strategic in ways the other candidates can’t even grasp. And Rubio, well, he seems to be the “regular guy” in the race. I really enjoyed his appearance on KSR.

6. Long Dong Silver
    9:53 am December 28, 2015 Permalink

Dammit, I’m so sick of all this political bitching. It’s alla ruse. The very wealthiest are going to have their way, regardless of what idiot is “elected”. Jesus, let’s get back to sports.

7. sincitycat
    10:24 am December 28, 2015 Permalink

Since living in Colorado since 1977 I have developed a strong dislike for John Elway and the Broncos. However, Peyton Manning is a gentleman and a class act (something Elway will never be) and I believe him when he refuted the charges.

8. J-Dub421
    10:48 am December 28, 2015 Permalink

Lol, I’m sure Al Jazeera has super accurate information on Peyton Manning and American football.

• Biglaw Dawgin'
      10:53 am December 28, 2015 Permalink

I hear ya. I’m not sure why terrorists even care about Manning in the first place.

9. Blueheart
    4:30 pm December 29, 2015 Permalink

KSR doesn’t like what we might say….so like Rick, they’re giving us the middle finger.

I know it’s Jones blog, but he really shouldn’t have a comments section if he’s going to close it for political posts. They did the same thing when Jones was deciding whether or not to run for congress. I thought Jones said he would’ve been a different kind of politician….congress is already full of people that aren’t willing to listen to opposing viewpoints. Closing the comments section tells us exactly what kind of politician he would’ve been. At least he made the correct decision about running.